Photo
- - - - -

25/05/13 - Hull FC v Hull Kingston Rovers - KO 16:30

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Hull FC (7 votes [58.33%])

Percentage of vote: 58.33%

2. Voted Hull Kingston Rovers (4 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. Draw (1 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:20 PM

Eden's pass for Brown's try was two yards forward. I wouldn't feel too bad if I were you.

I only noticed this when they where playing the tries again after the game had finished, It was highlighted by the pitch markings, the ball passed one side of the white line and caught the other after travelling in a forward motion.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#122 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:28 PM

I've watched again and again and cannot see how he did. If I was Rovers I would also be asking why Eden made no play for the ball at such a crucial stage of the game he catches it its a draw if he drops it we could score or a scrum is given either way he had to do something.
On a side note Chris Green has been another standout youngster for us this year, his run down the middle turned the momentum of the game and after 77 minutes he still had the engine to chase the ball it wasn't his fault the officials made the wrong call.

Couldn't agree more, This has  nothing to do with any of the players or their performance, I''m with getdownmonkeyman I'd like to know why or how, I don't ever expect we will ever get a true explanation, It will no doubt go down as another of Mr Gansons " magic moments" and be forgotten about , Which is a pity because people will just form their own opinions as to why he did it.

Split second decisions in any match are one thing, But a man watching a video who can't see some one at least 2 metre's off side has to come up with a bit more than " I'm sorry " .

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#123 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:34 PM

Couldn't agree more, This has nothing to do with any of the players or their performance, I''m with getdownmonkeyman I'd like to know why or how, I don't ever expect we will ever get a true explanation, It will no doubt go down as another of Mr Gansons " magic moments" and be forgotten about , Which is a pity because people will just form their own opinions as to why he did it.
Split second decisions in any match are one thing, But a man watching a video who can't see some one at least 2 metre's off side has to come up with a bit more than " I'm sorry " .

Stevo for once was right Ganson had every conceivable piece of technology to make the right decision, though he looks like he has paid the price by being dropped today.
Im still grinning like a Chesire Cat though.

#124 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:58 PM

Couldn't agree more, This has  nothing to do with any of the players or their performance, I''m with getdownmonkeyman I'd like to know why or how, I don't ever expect we will ever get a true explanation, It will no doubt go down as another of Mr Gansons " magic moments" and be forgotten about , Which is a pity because people will just form their own opinions as to why he did it.

Maybe the Try and No Try buttons are to close together :roulette:

#125 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:02 PM

Tbh, I went to check it to see if there was some rule that ganson knew that I wasn't aware of, but no, it is black and white, in the words of stevo, its n-o-t-r-y. End of!

Read about it on Monday, It's a try :girlinlove:

#126 Gerri Monside

Gerri Monside
  • Coach
  • 321 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:03 PM

The only other possible explanation for me would have been that the ball came in contact with a rovers defender on the way up, thereby placing Green onside.  But for that to happen it would have to be deliberately played at - which isn't the case. "Official" line is that he tracked the wrong player - which I can accept once, but its difficult to see how he tracked the "wrong" player 3 or 4 times.

It's an easy kick for the lad but, as we say in Rugby League, there's no easy kicks.

@IanLancaster65

#127 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,258 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:04 PM

Hull KR would of likely won the game off the resulting penalty via drop goal. Not to worsen the blow or anything.

It's a refereeing decision I don't think there is much more you can discuss about it especially when the ref has admitted he's gotten it wrong. I could list an incident for every team where a huge decision has gone against them. The game was the most entertaining out of the four yesterday and had the best atmosphere by some distance. Not to mention Hull KRs huge improvement in defence and I also thought Ben Crooks was exceptional.

Shame the negative is overshadowing many positives.

#128 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,755 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:07 PM

The only other possible explanation for me would have been that the ball came in contact with a rovers defender on the way up, thereby placing Green onside.  But for that to happen it would have to be deliberately played at - which isn't the case. "Official" line is that he tracked the wrong player - which I can accept once, but its difficult to see how he tracked the "wrong" player 3 or 4 times.

Presumably if he thought he was tracking the correct player then he wouldn't have cause to look again at that.  Presumably he was looking at other things when he rechecked.  Just a guess that though.

#129 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:18 PM

Seems Neil Hudgell has asked the Rfl to investigate refereeing standards.

Edited by Old Frightful, 26 May 2013 - 02:18 PM.

Untitled_zpsd0bda754.jpg

_60052630_bentham.jpg    "Forward pass, head and feed to New Zealand.....What's that Mr Sutton?, no we can't go to the f***ing video ref!"

#130 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:20 PM

Seems Neil Hudgell has asked the Rfl to investigate refereeing standards.

I would say he's about 12 months too late.

Edited by westhuller, 26 May 2013 - 02:21 PM.

#131 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,891 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:49 PM

Shocker - what else can you say ?
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#132 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,034 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:01 PM

Last year, player seriously injured, play carries on for several tackles, Rovers score. Minutes later, Rovers pass ball several metres forward from a static position directly in front of Ganson to score.

Did we get an apology? Did we hell.

Consider yourselves lucky, Rovers ;)
Posted Image

#133 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:04 PM

Last year, player seriously injured, play carries on for several tackles, Rovers score. Minutes later, Rovers pass ball several metres forward from a static position directly in front of Ganson to score.

Did we get an apology? Did we hell.

Consider yourselves lucky, Rovers ;)

ooh don't be like that some people don't like it on here

#134 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,880 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:15 PM

Amh my phones has been red hot with texts all from my Rovers friends nothing personal , no insults just banter. As OF said some people need to get off there high horse they obviously don't understand the rivalry between friends and families in Hull

I'm with you on this one. I'll happily take any win over Rovers. I'd prefer to beat them fair and square but if we can't a ref's helping hand will do.

rldfsignature.jpg

#135 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:19 PM

How the hell can you track the wrong player, just follow the try scorer back to the kick.
As well as that Green is quite distinctive amongst those involved in the pay because he's significantly taller than everyone around him.

It doesn't wash with me I'm afraid, there's really only 2 things for Ganson to look at and the first is onside.

#136 simonwref

simonwref
  • Coach
  • 194 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:25 PM

I just can't believe that the most experienced official did that. Too much rfl hospitality throughout the day?

#137 Just to be clear

Just to be clear
  • Coach
  • 330 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:32 PM

Just to be clear, Neil Hudgell's attack on Jon Sharp is now the most vile and pathetic thing about this whole debacle. I hope he will receive a large fine as someone in his position does not have the right to act like a petulant fan.

#138 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,034 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:59 PM

Just to be clear, Neil Hudgell's attack on Jon Sharp is now the most vile and pathetic thing about this whole debacle. I hope he will receive a large fine as someone in his position does not have the right to act like a petulant fan.

"For all of them I need more than 'sorry' from an ex-Hull FC player, coach and vocal advocate down the years."

What a petty petty little man Neil Hudgell is. He hates Hull FC more than he likes Hull KR.
Posted Image

#139 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,570 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:14 PM

Just read his reported remarks on the Sporting Life website. If he actually said that then pathetic is an understatement.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#140 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:35 PM

Just read his reported remarks on the Sporting Life website. If he actually said that then pathetic is an understatement.

+1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users