Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

25/05/13 - Hull FC v Hull Kingston Rovers - KO 16:30

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Hull FC (7 votes [58.33%])

Percentage of vote: 58.33%

2. Voted Hull Kingston Rovers (4 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. Draw (1 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#141 getdownmonkeyman

getdownmonkeyman
  • Coach
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:34 PM

A good, measured response from Sharp:

http://uk.eurosport....utm_source=t.co

#142 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,952 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:44 PM

Hudgell still won't be happy. He's still getting responses from an ex-Hull FC player and coach...
Posted Image

#143 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,023 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:34 PM

Sandercock describes it as "a tragedy".

Dear me, let's have some sense of perspective here.

RyanBailey_2640424.jpg

"Nobody told me there were two teams called Rovers, I thought I'd signed for Fev..."

#144 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:43 PM

:)
Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#145 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,543 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:19 AM

Did Humberside have a phone in after the game>

I don't know but I would imagine the Hull Daily Mail's server is a smouldering ruin by now.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#146 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,023 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:30 AM

I don't know but I would imagine the Hull Daily Mail's server is a smouldering ruin by now.

Surprisingly not, only thirty odd comments up to now...or should that be thirty "odd" comments.

Have a look but, a word of warning. If you click on the Sandercock press interview link, depression may set in.

http://www.thisishul...l#axzz2UU0KPlTd

RyanBailey_2640424.jpg

"Nobody told me there were two teams called Rovers, I thought I'd signed for Fev..."

#147 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:37 AM

Sandercock needs to give his head a shake.

#148 Grebo Guru

Grebo Guru
  • Players
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:37 AM

I'm happy to let Hull have this one. The game itself was a complete reversal of last year and we didn't deserve it last year.

The video red decision however, amounts to professional negligence. It's the equivalent of a doctor sawing the wrong leg off. Surely there must be guidelines to help the official along the lines of "is anyone in front of the ball when it is kicked? Now track both of those individuals for a few seconds and establish whether either interferes with the ball before it is played onside." In my profession, there would be an enquiry, the results of which would be published and a public disciplinary process initiated.

#149 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:43 AM

There is no need for an enquiry, he got it bloody wrong, plain to see for everyone.

What is needed is an investigation in to how to avoid it in future.

#150 Bitofaboogie

Bitofaboogie
  • Coach
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:54 AM

#Rugbyleague RFL statement - The RFL have admitted that video referee Steve Ganson made an incorrect decision in awarding a try to Chris Green of Hull FC in the closing stages Super League fixture against Hull Kingston Rovers at the Etihad Stadium today.

RFL Head of Match Officials Jon Sharp said: “We have reviewed the decision and it is clear that Steve made the wrong call.

“Honesty and accountability are important to the Match Officials Department and we can only apologise for the error.

“Steve has been in contact with Hull Kingston Rovers and offered his apologies: he is one of the sport’s most experienced officials and deeply regrets having got it wrong.

“As with all fixtures, we will conduct a full review of the performance of our match officials following Magic Weekend and will take what steps we can to ensure that mistakes like this do not happen again.”

This apology is just politics, nothing more than a smokescreen, crocodile tears. The RFL is using public contrition to obfuscate whatever is really going on as regards the officiating of our game. I can guarantee that we will not be hearing the only thing that fans will be interested in with regard to this whole debacle - namely, how did Ganson arrive at his decision? How on Earth, under any circumstances imaginable could an experienced official, slated to be our new Referees Coach and with the assistance of repeated video replays from a variety of angles arrive at the dscision that he did? Short of Ganson spending the whole of last Saturday on the crack pipe I can't think of any reasonable explanation.

Over the last few seasons there have been repeated decisons made that have been so obviously and inexplicably poor that a newcomer to our game could be forgiven for arriving at the conclusion that there might be something rotten at work in the very heart of our game.

There needs to be a complete, top-to-bottom, root-and-branch clear out at Red Hall if things are ever to improve for Rugby League. Rugby League has never been well-served by its own officialdom but the present crop are the worst in The Game's history.

#151 Bitofaboogie

Bitofaboogie
  • Coach
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:57 AM

Sandercock describes it as "a tragedy".

Dear me, let's have some sense of perspective here.

If HKR miss the play-offs by a single point or on scoring difference alone then it could be a tragedy for Sandercock.

#152 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,592 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:06 AM

If HKR miss the play-offs by a single point or on scoring difference alone then it could be a tragedy for Sandercock.

Well, he should learn how to coach defence then because that's the real tragedy.  His team wouldn't be in this position in the first place if they knew how, or could be bothered to defend. 

#153 Just to be clear

Just to be clear
  • Coach
  • 330 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:17 AM

This apology is just politics, nothing more than a smokescreen, crocodile tears. The RFL is using public contrition to obfuscate whatever is really going on as regards the officiating of our game. I can guarantee that we will not be hearing the only thing that fans will be interested in with regard to this whole debacle - namely, how did Ganson arrive at his decision?

Just to be clear, we have been told, what more can they say that will change what we already know?

There has very recently been a change of administration in the officials department, once of the first aspects of which is that every week referees are now explaining why they made their decisions and admitting to mistakes. Saying the whole system is rotten is bias and completely at odds with the openness that Jon Sharp had been showing before this weekend, and demonstrated again in how he has responded to Ganson's decision.

#154 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:18 AM

This apology is just politics, nothing more than a smokescreen, crocodile tears. The RFL is using public contrition to obfuscate whatever is really going on as regards the officiating of our game. I can guarantee that we will not be hearing the only thing that fans will be interested in with regard to this whole debacle - namely, how did Ganson arrive at his decision? How on Earth, under any circumstances imaginable could an experienced official, slated to be our new Referees Coach and with the assistance of repeated video replays from a variety of angles arrive at the dscision that he did? Short of Ganson spending the whole of last Saturday on the crack pipe I can't think of any reasonable explanation.

Over the last few seasons there have been repeated decisons made that have been so obviously and inexplicably poor that a newcomer to our game could be forgiven for arriving at the conclusion that there might be something rotten at work in the very heart of our game.

There needs to be a complete, top-to-bottom, root-and-branch clear out at Red Hall if things are ever to improve for Rugby League. Rugby League has never been well-served by its own officialdom but the present crop are the worst in The Game's history.

He says he tracked the wrong player, here's the article on the Superleague website http://www.superleag...ed-wrong-player-- 

Edited by MrFussy, 27 May 2013 - 11:19 AM.

#155 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,543 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:27 AM

Surprisingly not, only thirty odd comments up to now...or should that be thirty "odd" comments.

Have a look but, a word of warning. If you click on the Sandercock press interview link, depression may set in.

http://www.thisishul...l#axzz2UU0KPlTd

My web browser appears to have developed artificial intelligence and taken it upon itself to protect me. It crashed half way through that clip. Just after Sandercock had said he 'wasn't going to go on about it' (the expression 'having a laugh' springs to mind).

If there are only thirty odd comments so far then I would imagine somebody at the HDM has been very busy deleting them. Either that or the bombardment has resulted in the equivalent of a denial of service attack and nobody can get on.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#156 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:38 AM

Some of the comments are laughable how they can call the RFL incompetent remember this is from a club who didn't even realize after it was too late the there new stand was the wrong colour.

#157 Bitofaboogie

Bitofaboogie
  • Coach
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:46 AM

He says he tracked the wrong player, here's the article on the Superleague website http://www.superleag...ed-wrong-player--

How many times did he track the wrong player - once, twice, three times.............?

What does "tracked the wrong player" mean any way??

Does Ganson not have eyes and a brain??

Edited by Bitofaboogie, 27 May 2013 - 11:47 AM.

#158 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:49 AM

He made a mistake and admitted it

Will Greg Eden do the same?

#159 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,023 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:51 AM

How many times did he track the wrong player - once, twice, three times.............?

What does "tracked the wrong player" mean any way??

Does Ganson not have eyes and a brain??

That was the Commodores mate, Tragedy was the Bee Gees but it's easy to get 70's no.1s mixed up.

RyanBailey_2640424.jpg

#160 Bitofaboogie

Bitofaboogie
  • Coach
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:51 AM

Just to be clear, we have been told, what more can they say that will change what we already know?

There has very recently been a change of administration in the officials department, once of the first aspects of which is that every week referees are now explaining why they made their decisions and admitting to mistakes. Saying the whole system is rotten is bias and completely at odds with the openness that Jon Sharp had been showing before this weekend, and demonstrated again in how he has responded to Ganson's decision.

I disagree, no believable reason for Ganson's decision has been provided. Open-ness is not just a case of saying sorry, the response is typical of the kind that is usually provided by politicians who's indiscretions have just been found out. Says it all really.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users