Photo
- - - - -

25/05/13 - St Helens v Warrington Wolves - KO 18:45

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (14 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. St Helens (5 votes [35.71%])

Percentage of vote: 35.71%

2. Voted Warrington Wolves (9 votes [64.29%])

Percentage of vote: 64.29%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,748 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:35 AM

Discuss this Magic Weekend game here.
St Helens v Warrington Wolves - KO 18:45
Magic Weekend games all live on Sky Sports

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,160 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:45 AM

Referee: P Bentham

Touch Judge: C Sharrad

Touch Judge: A Martin

Reserve: R Webb

Match Commissioner: P Taberner

Video Ref: I Smith

Time Keeper: D Campbell

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#3 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,333 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:14 PM

Saints looked to me like a team discovering itself in tehir wonderful win on Monday, while Wire looked like a team with issues on Friday. Should be a cracker and Saints can draw on their vast store of happy derbies to sneak it.

#4 Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton
  • Coach
  • 219 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:21 PM

Warrington very rarely lose two on the bounce. Wire by 16

#5 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:49 PM

Well, I no longer have any idea as to what our chances are in this match.  I was pretty certain we would lose before we beat Leeds but now I just don't know.  I think we have Hohaia back for Saturday and maybe Robes too, but that's just a maybe.  So far as I know, everyone came out of the Leeds game in tact and nobody has been banned so we should play pretty much the same team for two weeks in a row, unless stupid Brown starts messing about with people again and screwing everybody up. 

We have beaten Warrington once already this season but that was with Robes and Lomax in the side. 

Who knows.  I've no idea who will win.

#6 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,640 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:26 AM

Saints need a win more than wires, league table doesn't lie

Wires 34 saints 30 IMHO

#7 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:14 AM

Wire by plenty I think.

#8 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,722 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:07 AM

Saints looked to me like a team discovering itself in tehir wonderful win on Monday, while Wire looked like a team with issues on Friday. Should be a cracker and Saints can draw on their vast store of happy derbies to sneak it.

i dont think we quite had issues, but we need the halfback link to tighten up and m monaghan to play well.
We saw little of tge great link play we are good at, a massive pitch like mc would be a great place to get this back.

#9 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:29 AM

Last year we ended a slump with back to back wins against Leeds and Warrington and I'm hopeful that history will repeat itself.

I agree with EW about our past dominance of this fixture still being a factor.  Even though the results have been fairly evenly split between us over the last few years I always get the impression that Warrington are still a bit uncomfortable playing us and struggle to put us to bed when in a position to do so (although they certainly came good when it mattered in the playoffs last year).  If the feel good factor carries over from Monday night then I can see us getting a narrow win in this one.

#10 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,333 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:03 AM

I had not appreciated that Roby was ready to come back. For England's sakes I think the break was exactly what he needed. We'll need him fresh in October and November.
In all sports we like to see evenly matched teams at each other's throats for the duration. I can't see anyone leaving early on Saturday.

#11 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,160 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:14 PM

St Helens squad: Ade Gardner, Jordan Turner, Sia Soliola, Lance Hohaia, Josh Perry, Louis McCarthy-Scarsbrook, Tony Puletua, Jon Wilkin, Willie Manu, Anthony Laffranchi, Paul Clough, Josh Jones, Tom Makinson, Carl Forster, Nathan Ashe, Alex Walmsley, Mark Percival, Luke Thompson, Stuart Howarth.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#12 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,160 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

Warrington squad: Chris Riley, Ryan Atkins, Joel Monaghan, Lee Briers, Richie Myler, Adrian Morley, Michael Monaghan, Garreth Carvell, Trent Waterhouse, Ben Westwood, Micky Higham, Simon Grix, Paul Wood, Mike Cooper, Chris Hill, Stefan Ratchford, Rhys Williams, Gareth O'Brien, Ben Currie.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#13 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:57 PM

I had not appreciated that Roby was ready to come back..

It turns out that he is not ready to come back after all. :shout:

#14 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,640 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:04 PM

It turns out that he is not ready to come back after all. :shout:

Let's see what Saturday night brings.

#15 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:19 PM

Let's see what Saturday night brings.

Another difference in class perhaps?

Untitled_zpsd0bda754.jpg

_60052630_bentham.jpg    "Forward pass, head and feed to New Zealand.....What's that Mr Sutton?, no we can't go to the f***ing video ref!"

#16 The Big Gun

The Big Gun
  • Coach
  • 439 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:38 PM

If Wellens is out now as well I've got to take Wire here by 10+. Hohaia being back isn't of much benefit to Saints.

#17 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,160 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:48 PM

Warrington, by 19.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#18 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:49 PM

If Wellens is out now as well I've got to take Wire here by 10+. Hohaia being back isn't of much benefit to Saints.

Hohaia is due to play at fullback, which is the position he played in when he won the world cup with NZ, so I would imagine he will be of benefit to us!

#19 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 6,161 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:43 PM

Hohaia is due to play at fullback, which is the position he played in when he won the world cup with NZ, so I would imagine he will be of benefit to us!

Apart from him being awful under the high ball.

#20 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,257 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:12 PM

Keith Senior started centre for Leeds when they won the 2008 GF. Doesn't mean he will be any benefit to them if he starts there on Sunday ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users