RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

25/05/13 - St Helens v Warrington Wolves - KO 18:45

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (14 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. St Helens (5 votes [35.71%])

Percentage of vote: 35.71%

2. Voted Warrington Wolves (9 votes [64.29%])

Percentage of vote: 64.29%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:18 PM

Don't think any Wire player stood out they performed well as a unit and I still think they have a few more gears in them. Saints have so many promising players coming through, god knows why they have sent Gaskell out on loan.

Wire fans were absolutely brilliant though, they were mental.

#62 bewareshadows

bewareshadows
  • Coach
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:00 PM

No one knows why Gaskell was sent away when he was the only half left.

We  hate halves in the only answer I can think of.

Was not expecting a win, but we shot ourselves in the foot at times. Like 60 seconds in. lol

Just hope we can pull some kind of form together to give the more depressive bunch of Saints fans hope.  I can see where we are going right and wrong, but some just see wrong everywhere.

Super League the only place in the world where people still believe that less competitors and a closed market to new competition will improve the quality of the product.

Even the Chinese and the Cubans gave up on these marxist principles years ago.

SL with a reduced number of competitors and a closed market = North Korea.

#63 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,392 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:56 AM

One last hurrah for the busted flush.
  • Arch Stanton likes this

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#64 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:25 AM

No one knows why Gaskell was sent away when he was the only half left.

We  hate halves in the only answer I can think of.

Was not expecting a win, but we shot ourselves in the foot at times. Like 60 seconds in. lol

Just hope we can pull some kind of form together to give the more depressive bunch of Saints fans hope.  I can see where we are going right and wrong, but some just see wrong everywhere.

:D Indeed. 

I applaud your positivity on our current situation, it's important to keep faith for the future.  I think that Wellens got it spot on in the article posted on Saints website on Friday afternoon, it's getting through the tough times that makes you enjoy the good ones all the more.  If the rumoured signings of Luke Walsh and Mose Masoe prove to be true then I think that will signal the club's intention to return to the top. 

On a side note, after the late comeback wins we've had in this fixture over the years where we'd steal the game late on, Warrington must have felt pretty sweet yesterday for paying us back and being the ones to finish so strongly.  They really pummelled us in the last 10 minutes when with just an 8 point deficit it had initially looked like another comeback might be on the cards.

Edited by MrFussy, 26 May 2013 - 10:30 AM.

#65 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:38 AM

Wire were very patient when the momentum swung to Saints, knowing it would likely swing back again and when it did Saints had no answer to their attack

#66 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,392 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:31 PM

Against the worst Saints team in living memory.

Congratulations.

You sound upset. How did Leigh get on?

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#67 ELBOWSEYE

ELBOWSEYE
  • Coach
  • 173 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:11 PM

good performance from wire, fans were magnificent even in the Hull derby, got all the fans going. There with my eldest grand daughter and the atmosphere in the outer and inner areas great except for a few drunken saints fans before KO trying to be abusive.   

#68 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,392 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:27 AM

Was Ratchford genuinely the m o m. Without giving the game my undivided attention he didn't stand out to me.

He was the best player on the field and that was the view of the Warrington fans I spoke to at the game. Waterhouse, Hill and Grix were all very good too.

#69 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:51 AM

Ratchford was my Man of the Match too, hugely talented and versatile player IMO

Most teams in Superleague are struggling to find two good halves and Wire have got three of them. That's just greedy.

#70 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,392 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:56 AM

Most teams in Superleague are struggling to find two good halves and Wire have got three of them. That's just greedy.

I've never seen him kick goals that well, either.

#71 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 13,498 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:20 PM

its nice to see Myler getting credit now. Apart from a weak tackle on Gardner for a Saints try he was excellent again with great passes for both of Waterhouse's tries.

#72 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:37 PM

Myler is a quality player, great in support and with an eye for a gap and his ability to pick out the right runner is getting better all the time too

#73 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,756 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:48 AM

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#74 SE4Wire

SE4Wire
  • Coach
  • 649 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:27 AM

Watched it on Sky+ last night and I have to say that I agree Ratchford was quality, he kept on popping up at dummy half and distributing well which meant that Higham could afford to take a few more scoots or scoot then passes and the fact he kicked 8 from 8 I thought was an amazing achievement, some of them were not easy kicks.

#75 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,166 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:40 PM

Joel-Joel

Joel-Joel-Joel-Joel

Joel-Joel-Joel-Joel

Joel-Joel-Joel-Joel-Monaghan!!!

Michael-Michael.........etc etc

:)

Even joined in singing it myself, in my Widnes top

#76 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:06 PM

That final try was a pretty special play for Morley to hit the line as such pace.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users