Photo
- - - - -

26/05/13 - Bradford Bulls v Huddersfield Giants - KO 17:15

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (15 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Bradford Bulls (6 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

2. Voted Huddersfield Giants (9 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:38 PM

6-24

Foster goal.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#42 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:42 PM

6-28

Lunt try.

Edited by hindle xiii, 26 May 2013 - 05:44 PM.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#43 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:44 PM

6-30

Brough goal.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#44 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:49 PM

6-34

Ferres try.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#45 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:51 PM

6-36

Brough goal.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#46 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:52 PM

6-40

Mullally try.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#47 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:53 PM

6-42

Brough goal.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#48 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:59 PM

FT

6-42.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#49 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:03 PM

Man of the Match: Danny Brough.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#50 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:04 PM

You can always count on Bradford to fail miserably when it comes to the Tragic Weekend. Too many missed tackles and too many penalties all from the same culprits week after week. And despite what I politely questioned to Cummins at the recent forum, we will not learn. Manu, Farrell and now Ta'ai have all run riot down right channel defence. Our faults were there for all to see.

Edited by hindle xiii, 26 May 2013 - 06:05 PM.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#51 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,207 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:04 PM

And well deserved

Very good, very disciplined performance and nice payback for earlier in the season

#52 Odsal Outlaw

Odsal Outlaw
  • Coach
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:35 PM

We were poor today altho Hudds are a very good side. We need to work on our attack close to the line tho, seem to lack ideas and today was first time I've felt s bit negative about Foster. Seems to shirk the tough situations and missed some bad tackles. Still, well done Hudds!
Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League
Harry Jepson Winners 2008
RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008
East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008
Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005
RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

#53 Konkrete

Konkrete
  • Coach
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:11 PM

Best player out and most important pivot missing and we were up against it from the start. Defensively we're weak and some individuals need to stand up and improve - Addy, Whitehead, Olbison.

Addy and Olbison have got to get to grips with positioning in the line, and Whitehead with the initial impact in the tackle - bounces off too often.

Foster was embarrassing at full back. FC should have switched him and Kear after about 5 mins. It's a paper thin squad and that -£600k is killing us.

Giants were top draw.
Integrity is shown when no-one is looking.

#54 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:14 PM

Best player out and most important pivot missing and we were up against it from the start. Defensively we're weak and some individuals need to stand up and improve - Addy, Whitehead, Olbison.

Addy and Olbison have got to get to grips with positioning in the line, and Whitehead with the initial impact in the tackle - bounces off too often.

Foster was embarrassing at full back. FC should have switched him and Kear after about 5 mins. It's a paper thin squad and that -£600k is killing us.

Giants were top draw.

Walker was also awful and has been for a long time now.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#55 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,207 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:58 PM

Ta'ai looking the real deal now

Lunt is world class, don't think I'm convinced by Dwyer as the player to spell him personally

Looking good at the moment, feeling confident...

#56 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,715 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:10 PM

We were poor today altho Hudds are a very good side. We need to work on our attack close to the line tho, seem to lack ideas and today was first time I've felt s bit negative about Foster. Seems to shirk the tough situations and missed some bad tackles. Still, well done Hudds!

Foster doesn't shirk anything. That was never levelled against him at Saints.  He's just back from a shoulder injury isn't he?  Maybe he didn't have confidence in his shoulder or was rusty?  Anyway, he scored your only points, and that try took some scoring, so I reckon it's a bit unfair on him to be too harsh.  As a fullback he really shouldn't have to tackle anyone should he?

#57 Konkrete

Konkrete
  • Coach
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:45 AM

Foster doesn't shirk anything. That was never levelled against him at Saints. He's just back from a shoulder injury isn't he? Maybe he didn't have confidence in his shoulder or was rusty? Anyway, he scored your only points, and that try took some scoring, so I reckon it's a bit unfair on him to be too harsh. As a fullback he really shouldn't have to tackle anyone should he?

Sorry but that's makes you sound like his mum.

Twice a Giants player broke the line and twice he deliberately ducked the tackle. He's a professional player, and that 's not good enough. Putting your body on the line is part of the gig.

We're happy to have him and he's a good player for us, he 's just a bit soft that 's all.
  • amh likes this

#58 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,715 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:56 AM

Sorry but that's makes you sound like his mum.

Twice a Giants player broke the line and twice he deliberately ducked the tackle. He's a professional player, and that 's not good enough. Putting your body on the line is part of the gig.

We're happy to have him and he's a good player for us, he 's just a bit soft that 's all.

Well, I've seen Foster in action more times than you have so I think I'm better qualified to comment on his courage.  He has other faults but a lack of courage isn't one of them.  And I really don't see how telling something as I see it is sounding like someone's mum. You must have had a strange upbringing if that's the case!

#59 Odsal Outlaw

Odsal Outlaw
  • Coach
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:34 AM

Well, I've seen Foster in action more times than you have so I think I'm better qualified to comment on his courage. He has other faults but a lack of courage isn't one of them. And I really don't see how telling something as I see it is sounding like someone's mum. You must have had a strange upbringing if that's the case!

Did you see the Bulls game? If so how do you explain his defensive effort on the two attempts Konkrete mentions? It genuinely looked like he bottled it a little bit ....... that may be due to shoulder issues as you say, but that's still not acceptable!
Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League
Harry Jepson Winners 2008
RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008
East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008
Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005
RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

#60 Konkrete

Konkrete
  • Coach
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:37 AM

Well, I've seen Foster in action more times than you have so I think I'm better qualified to comment on his courage. He has other faults but a lack of courage isn't one of them. And I really don't see how telling something as I see it is sounding like someone's mum. You must have had a strange upbringing if that's the case!

Standard upbringing thanks. And you're not telling it how you see it, you're offering potential reasons why he ducked the tackles that you can not possibly know. You then cap it off by effectively saying that full backs can be excused tackling, or lack of it, because the line should never be broken.

I've no idea if you're better qualified than me to judge the nature of Jamie Foster. But having played the game and watched it for a long time I know exactly what a ducked tackle looks like, and those were ducked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users