Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

26/05/13 - Bradford Bulls v Huddersfield Giants - KO 17:15

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (15 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Bradford Bulls (6 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

2. Voted Huddersfield Giants (9 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,594 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:04 AM

That was a dire performance and the result accurately reflected the gulf in performance on the day.

We've no real pace in the backs and we'd lost two of our three halfbacks. The only hope was some inventive plays and a solid hard tackling stint. We got neither.

Of those who played, I thought Elliot Kear was comfortably our best player. We got decent performances from Mattie Blythe, James Donaldson, Jamie Langley, Ben Evans and Jarrod Sammut. The rest had a day that they will have to suffer again on Tuesday's video-review.

Unless Sky gives every club a shedload of money, next season looks about as promising as this one:

- Blythe and Evans will be back at Warrington.

- the dearth of decent halfbacks in Superleague will mean we will probably lose at least one of ours to a team with genuine title ambitions.

- let's hope we've got some good juniors to come through because, under the current financial arrangements, we can't afford top drawer recruits.

Still, it will be a character-forming experience for our younger fans, and good preparation for when we become a top team again in about four or five seasons.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#62 amh

amh
  • 11,083 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:14 AM

Jamie Foster never even attempted to show any form of defence on more than two occasions, not even putting himself in the way let alone attempt to tackle. The Giants players didn't even look at him as they ran past him, in effect Bulls were playing with only 12 in defence. I'll give him the BOD that he's carrying any injury. It was so bad that it was a travesty that the only score was from him rather than someone else. Normally if a player has a few errors and then scores, I think well at least they'll feel better for that to even things up - but Foster didn't make errors, he didn't do anything! If he had thrown himself at someone and missed, or at least caused them to pull up and have to change direction, I'd be defending his efforts....instead because of you're rose tinted view of him Saintslass, I find myself laying into him - he didn't even warrant a mention, but you drew it out of me  

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#63 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,036 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:32 AM

I think Foster is taking some unfair flack personally, he certainly wasn't the only bulls player missing tackles and lets face it, bigger and better players than him have been steamrollered by Larne Patrick

#64 amh

amh
  • 11,083 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:40 AM

I think Foster is taking some unfair flack personally, he certainly wasn't the only bulls player missing tackles and lets face it, bigger and better players than him have been steamrollered by Larne Patrick

I've perhaps gone over board but as I said - he wasn't worth a mention, but if I read rubbish then I'm going to reply

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#65 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,192 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:07 AM

Careful now.  You'll be accused of sounding like his mother!

#66 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,192 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:08 AM

Jamie Foster never even attempted to show any form of defence on more than two occasions, not even putting himself in the way let alone attempt to tackle. The Giants players didn't even look at him as they ran past him, in effect Bulls were playing with only 12 in defence. I'll give him the BOD that he's carrying any injury. It was so bad that it was a travesty that the only score was from him rather than someone else. Normally if a player has a few errors and then scores, I think well at least they'll feel better for that to even things up - but Foster didn't make errors, he didn't do anything! If he had thrown himself at someone and missed, or at least caused them to pull up and have to change direction, I'd be defending his efforts....instead because of you're rose tinted view of him Saintslass, I find myself laying into him - he didn't even warrant a mention, but you drew it out of me  

Don't blame me for your response.  That's entirely your responsibility.

He didn't do anything?  So what are those six points doing on the scoreboard then?  He's the only one who could summon the determination, timing and skill to actually score. 

#67 amh

amh
  • 11,083 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:23 AM

Don't blame me for your response.  That's entirely your responsibility.

He didn't do anything?  So what are those six points doing on the scoreboard then?  He's the only one who could summon the determination, timing and skill to actually score. 

sister? m -in -law ?

It wouldn't do for us all to agree, and if nothing else I'll give you credit for backing the lad  :fan:

#68 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 04:24 PM

A solid performance from the Giants.

I've never liked the tendency of some fans to blame one or two players after a heavy defeat. It wasn't Foster's fault that Bradford were dominated by the Huddersfield forwards through the middle.

Our group of chaps had an enjoyable day, although for some reason I felt a bit weary this morning............. :ph34r:

#69 Konkrete

Konkrete
  • Coach
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:09 PM

Aaarrrrrrrggghhhhh...... No. Re some of the posts above:

No-one is blaming Foster for the loss (that would be ridiculous) and there's a big difference between missing a tackle and ducking one.

We're delighted to have Foster at our club and rate him very highly, certainly more than Saints do. But he ducked those tackles, and in a pro environment that isn't on, it's not honest.
Integrity is shown when no-one is looking.

#70 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,665 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:27 AM

It was comfortably Foster’s worst performance in a Bulls shirt, but think it’s the fact he’s been rushed back from injury. He did well enough against Huddersfield last time out, so it’s swings and roundabouts.

Don’t really have much more to add. A pretty disheartening effort and a minor blip in an otherwise great weekend of RL.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#71 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,978 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:12 AM

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#72 Saint Toppy

Saint Toppy
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:24 AM

But he ducked those tackles, and in a pro environment that isn't on, it's not honest.

Thats exactly the reason he got dropped from the Saints team (ironically against the Bulls), a lack of bottle and a willingness to put his body on the line to attempt a tackle.

Saints may be in pi$$ poor form this year but I still woudn't have Foster in the team ahead of Makinson, Gardner, Meli, Swift or Percival

#73 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,036 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:37 PM

Funny, every time I've seen Foster in TV I've thought Saints missed a trick with him and he's looked decent on the wing for them

Needs to spend less time on his hair perhaps

#74 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:38 PM

That's not going to happen.  He's in the hair business now.

#75 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,978 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:39 PM

Funny, every time I've seen Foster in TV I've thought Saints missed a trick with him and he's looked decent on the wing for them

You've been awfully quiet about James Child this week Ant, anything the matter?! :rolleyes:

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#76 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,036 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:55 PM

No not really

He had a decent game generally, obviously let the Bulls lay on too long and stray offside too much, fortunately the VR did their usual bang up job if spotting that infringement

In all seriousness most of the refs had good games, in that mainly I didn't notice them at all so good on them, well apart from one...

#77 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,978 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:04 PM

Well let's hope Ganson carries on this Monday. ;)

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#78 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,978 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:07 PM

Ant, I don't know if you realise but Huddersfield are the most penalised team so far this year too.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#79 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,036 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:27 PM

Yeah, just shows how much refs are against us doesn't it ;)

If we ever get the same leeway that Leeds get we'd go undefeated :P

#80 Odsal Outlaw

Odsal Outlaw
  • Coach
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:11 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSeYmRNksCk

That's not good viewing for Foster, especially the Lunt break early doors. But as mentioned in earlier posts, don't think anyone is blaming him for the loss just pointing out that he ducked some tackles an that is poor!
Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League
Harry Jepson Winners 2008
RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008
East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008
Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005
RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users