Photo
- - - - -

26/05/13 - Leeds Rhinos v Wigan Warriors - KO 19:30

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Leeds Rhinos (2 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

2. Voted Wigan Warriors (9 votes [81.82%])

Percentage of vote: 81.82%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,162 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:49 PM

16-20

Sinfield missed goal.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#62 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 8,076 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:50 PM

Should have been a penalty to Wigan at the scrum before that try but the Sky clowns never picked up on it.

#63 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,162 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:22 PM

FT

16-20

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#64 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,162 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:24 PM

Man of the Match: Sam Tomkins.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#65 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,333 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:27 PM

That was an epic game. Leeds deserved a draw. 3 tries each. Very tough. Leeds remain a fantastic team, and a wonderful club. Still the team to beat.

#66 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:28 PM

Wow what a great game to finish the weekend off, hopefully for us the game might have taken a lot out of Leeds for Friday night. Well played to both teams brilliant game.

#67 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,035 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:30 PM

When McGuire went in and someone had the audacity to try and stop him scoring, did anyone else call the Danny McGuire Hard Man Show before it happened?
Posted Image

#68 PhilCarrington

PhilCarrington
  • Coach
  • 215 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:32 PM

How was Richards allowed to go back onto the field covered in blood (for a third time) and make a key tackle with 2 minutes to go? Surely the 4th official should be checking that players that are off the field for treatment to cuts are ok to return. 

#69 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:33 PM

Leeds performance was like night and day compared to the last hour on Monday. Thought they deserved at least a draw, as Wigan were a little off at times. The McGuire no try might've been right by the laws of the game, but I find obstruction calls like that really frustrating. Hansen clearly was in a sliding motion and not impeded.

Great effort from both sides.

Posted Image

oderint dum metuant

#70 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:36 PM

How was Richards allowed to go back onto the field covered in blood (for a third time) and make a key tackle with 2 minutes to go? Surely the 4th official should be checking that players that are off the field for treatment to cuts are ok to return.

I'm not sure the 4th official is a qualified medic or could reasonably judge the probabilities whether a cut will reopen during play. The Wigan physio stopped the bleeding and packed the wound sufficient for the player to return.

Posted Image

oderint dum metuant

#71 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,333 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:38 PM

Wigan also had a try chalked off for obstruction, which could also have been given another day. Some great performances from Emglish players, which bodes well.

#72 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:54 PM

Wigan also had a try chalked off for obstruction, which could also have been given another day. Some great performances from Emglish players, which bodes well.

The Crosby obstruction was different, as the contact opened the hole for Powell. As a Wigan fan, I'm obviously happy that the McGuire try was chalked off, but as a rugby fan I can't hide my distaste for the interpretation. Not blaming the officials by the way.

Posted Image

oderint dum metuant

#73 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:04 PM

As a neutral it was very entertaining, both tries chalked off were correctly done so IMO, the refs had no other option to scratch them off

Wigans famous attacking formation seemed to be lacking a lot today, but ultimately it didn't ever really look like Wigan would lose

#74 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:09 PM

The Crosby obstruction was different, as the contact opened the hole for Powell. As a Wigan fan, I'm obviously happy that the McGuire try was chalked off, but as a rugby fan I can't hide my distaste for the interpretation. Not blaming the officials by the way.

As a neutral (although one with an accumulator relying on a Wigan win) I thought both could have been given.  Cummings was good on Sky to giving his take on things, but I didn't see anything of significance in either to warrant ruling out the scores.  Like you say though the interpretation is a bit soft.

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#75 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,333 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:21 PM

As a neutral it was very entertaining, both tries chalked off were correctly done so IMO, the refs had no other option to scratch them off
Wigans famous attacking formation seemed to be lacking a lot today, but ultimately it didn't ever really look like Wigan would lose

It was important to find a way to win despite the lack of fluency. It will help us when we play the top teams ( :) ). We missed Green, but can draw on this. Great to see the legends being given the respect they deserve. Wish I'd see Boston play.

#76 bluewhite10

bluewhite10
  • Workington
  • 293 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:32 PM

Lol at leeds
bluewhitearmy

#77 goldcoaster

goldcoaster
  • Coach
  • 2,750 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:26 PM

I thought Leeds were robbed. McGuire's try was legit. The video refs had a weekend to forget
Posted Image

Posted Image

#78 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:49 PM

I thought Leeds were robbed. McGuire's try was legit. The video refs had a weekend to forget

No it wasn't, crossing penalty every day

#79 markleeds

markleeds
  • Coach
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:16 PM

Leeds are starting to struggle now they don't get away with the tackled player moving forward Into the first marker. Time for a strategy change I think. Although their new plan b might work, give it to Burrow.

#80 goldcoaster

goldcoaster
  • Coach
  • 2,750 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:16 PM

No it wasn't, crossing penalty every day

There is no way the 'impeded' player would have been able to prevent the try. I know in the letter of the law it's a penalty, but common sense must come to the fore here.

FWIW I also think Wigans disallowed try should have been allowed for the same reason.

Edited by goldcoaster, 26 May 2013 - 11:17 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users