TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

26/05/13 - Leeds Rhinos v Wigan Warriors - KO 19:30

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Leeds Rhinos (2 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

2. Voted Wigan Warriors (9 votes [81.82%])

Percentage of vote: 81.82%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,865 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:35 AM

Did anyone see the Mcilorum hit on Sinfield?and if so what did you think?

but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#82 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:29 AM

There is no way the 'impeded' player would have been able to prevent the try. I know in the letter of the law it's a penalty, but common sense must come to the fore here.

FWIW I also think Wigans disallowed try should have been allowed for the same reason.

McGuire ran directly behind his own player, the defending player was held away by the obstructing player. It's as simple an obstruction as you get, seriously

#83 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 701 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:49 AM

The point is that the defending player was not impeded. I thought Leeds were the best team on the night.

The last try should have been awarded and on top of that the pass to put pat Richards in for his try was a mile forward.

What was Bailey playing at? He's an idiot and causes just as much problems for Leeds than anyone else.

#84 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,081 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:18 AM

The point is that the defending player was not impeded. I thought Leeds were the best team on the night.

You're not allowed to do it. It's as simple as that. As soon as you run behind your own player close to the line, you're risking it. It's the same as a player who is offside encroaching the 10 metres (regardless of whether he interferes or not, he's within the 10 so offside).
Posted Image

#85 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,081 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:20 AM

Leeds are starting to struggle now they don't get away with the tackled player moving forward Into the first marker.

I thought JJB was particularly disrespectful to the ref yesterday. Every decision was questioned with a face like a bulldog chewing a wasp and shouting. Picking up the players leg and moving 5 metres forward off the mark, but it's their fault?! Jesus!
Posted Image

#86 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:28 AM

Slightly late, not high or a 'traditional' shoulder charge as it was more front on with arm to side. Penalty was correct - would be disappointed if further action is taken.

Posted Image

oderint dum metuant

#87 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:38 AM

I have no problem whatsoever with the dissalowed Leeds try and was hoping we would get tackled before we scored. As soon as he went upstairs I knew it would be chalked off.

I agree it had no impact on the play, but we can't start interpreting that kind of thing otherwise it leaves incidents like that open to all sorts of controversy.

As for Leeds, I have no problem losing a game when we play like that. A couple of mistakes in the 1st half cost us but with the 3 forwards we had out I was happy with how the pack went. From what I have seen this year, Leeds, Wigan and Hudds are ahead of everyone else at the mo. then there's Catalan, Warrington and now maybe Hull just behind. If those 6 can hit form in September though we should be in for some great playoff games this year.

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#88 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,081 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:42 AM

Slightly late, not high or a 'traditional' shoulder charge as it was more front on with arm to side. Penalty was correct - would be disappointed if further action is taken.

Didn't attempt to wrap his arms around Sinfield to make a tackle, so it was a shoulder charge. And it was late. Always a penalty (can't believe he complained!).

Nothing else in it. No connection with the head. No injury. Get on with it.
Posted Image

#89 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:54 AM

Just a penalty in my eyes. Used the shoulder but it wasn't overly bad. He didn't make contact with the head so it was the correct call not to take further action.

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#90 Wigansnapper89

Wigansnapper89
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:19 AM

Loved the game yesterday. Really gutted I couldnt go this year, I will be doing next year though!! Leeds really know how to play against us, they never let us get them combinations when we go across the line going with their line speed.

I thought Sam really stood up for us yesterday, especially towards the end of the game. In one of our last sets I think he took the ball in 3 times in the set which tbh I didnt think he had in him
" We have achieved what you can only dream of "

Follow me on Twitter @gaz_wigan

My Flickr site with all my Photography on it, New stuff added all the time

http://www.flickr.co...os/8882103@N05/

#91 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,809 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:19 AM

I thought Sam really stood up for us yesterday, especially towards the end of the game. In one of our last sets I think he took the ball in 3 times in the set which tbh I didnt think he had in him

I thought that every time he got the ball he looked massively dangerous, he really is world class. It has to be said though that there were long stretches of the game when he wasn't really that involved, and for that reason I'd like to see him in the halves.

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#92 Bitofaboogie

Bitofaboogie
  • Coach
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:39 AM

There is no way the 'impeded' player would have been able to prevent the try. I know in the letter of the law it's a penalty, but common sense must come to the fore here.

FWIW I also think Wigans disallowed try should have been allowed for the same reason.

So how come you think only Leeds were "robbed"?

#93 Bitofaboogie

Bitofaboogie
  • Coach
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:49 AM

It was nothing, not even a penalty. A clear case from Sinfield of the venal, creeping, soccer-like gamesmanship that is slowly infecting our game and carachterises the whole operating style of his dreadful club, it's coaching staff and ownership. It should have been a penalty to Wigan and Sinfield should have been sin-binned - this should also have been the case for the similar Oscar-winning dying swan act that Sinfield dredged up in response to another nothing challenge from Crosby later in the game.

The on-field antics of the whole Leeds team and in particular its more experienced players is a disgrace and an embarrassment to Rugby League - the appropriate response from the RFL is long overdue.

#94 Bitofaboogie

Bitofaboogie
  • Coach
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:53 AM

Just to put the cap on the evening, I got told that the biggest cheer of the night came at Piccadilly station when the announcement was made that the Leeds train had been cancelled and that buses were being layed on as an alternative - oh how we laughed!!

#95 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,865 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:27 AM

You are nuts,rest on here are ok
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#96 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:49 AM

He has a point though, my first though was that Sinfield tried to milk it for all he was worth

#97 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,790 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:03 AM

It was a shoulder charge but no contact with the head.  Penalty sufficient. 

#98 Bitofaboogie

Bitofaboogie
  • Coach
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:07 AM

You are nuts,rest on here are ok

No, I'm not nuts. I just call things as I see them.

#99 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,125 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:16 AM

So did Steve Ganson.

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#100 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:24 AM

Through one incredibly distorted eye...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users