League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

26/05/13 - Leeds Rhinos v Wigan Warriors - KO 19:30

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Leeds Rhinos (2 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

2. Voted Wigan Warriors (9 votes [81.82%])

Percentage of vote: 81.82%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 faithfulbyname

faithfulbyname
  • Coach
  • 114 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:29 AM

It was nothing, not even a penalty. A clear case from Sinfield of the venal, creeping, soccer-like gamesmanship that is slowly infecting our game and carachterises the whole operating style of his dreadful club, it's coaching staff and ownership. It should have been a penalty to Wigan and Sinfield should have been sin-binned - this should also have been the case for the similar Oscar-winning dying swan act that Sinfield dredged up in response to another nothing challenge from Crosby later in the game.

The on-field antics of the whole Leeds team and in particular its more experienced players is a disgrace and an embarrassment to Rugby League - the appropriate response from the RFL is long overdue.

Of course, Saint Sam of Tomkins would never do anything like that, would he.

So obvious even Eddie called it out on Sky

#102 Swansea Jack

Swansea Jack
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:31 AM

How was Richards allowed to go back onto the field covered in blood (for a third time) and make a key tackle with 2 minutes to go? Surely the 4th official should be checking that players that are off the field for treatment to cuts are ok to return. 

Should we not be applauding the resolve and determination of Pat Richards to help his team mates and not be moaning over the rules. As Bradley Wiggins says , This game is too tough,.

#103 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:37 AM

Sam's not innocent on that score by any means, however Eddie has twenty years form of anti-Wigan sentiments. Him calling out a Wigan player for something negative over an opposition player doing the same, shouldn't be taken as gospel of anything.

Eddie and Stevo are embarrassing, the latter in particular who was content at grasping at every straw of an infringement when Wigan scored, despite Cummings clarification. The Sky coverage needs Clarkey's Wigan bias to provide a counter to those fools, but if I had my way I'd clear out the lot and start again.

Posted Image

oderint dum metuant

#104 Bitofaboogie

Bitofaboogie
  • Coach
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:39 AM

faithfulbyname, on 27 May 2013 - 12:28, said:

Tomkins has had to change the way he plays - the vilification he has received and the fact that the RL authorities would not let him get away with it meant he had no option.

On the other hand, "His-Holiness-The-Kev" plus the rest of the Leeds conclave have been allowed to make a career on the back of such dubious tactics without so much as a breath of criticisim from their fawning acolytes at Sky or their chums at "BBC-Leeds-Rhinos". And as for being allowed to get away with it by the RL authorities, the evidence is still there to see on a weekly basis.

Edited by Bitofaboogie, 27 May 2013 - 11:41 AM.

#105 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:43 AM

Wow. Just. Wow.

#106 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,650 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:29 PM

Look Ant I don't mind you, you try to keep it to RL more or less,but he goes on about soccer style stuff by Sinfield,when Sinfield was attempted to be taken out cynically in the GF he didn't milk that one.As for laughing at people because their train well that's about his speed coming out with soccer fan comments.I should imagine there were a number of Huddersfield people aiting for that train too

He has a point though, my first though was that Sinfield tried to milk it for all he was worth

but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#107 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,650 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:35 PM

well try to keep it to RL instead of coming out will stupid soccer fan comments about Citizens of Leeds missing their train.By the way there is a player in the Wigan team who is well know for gamesmanship and rule breaking/bending.Lay on us Wigan

No, I'm not nuts. I just call things as I see them.

The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#108 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,650 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:43 PM

Look mush are your club still under suspended sentence for Breaking a major rule a short while ago?

Tomkins has had to change the way he plays - the vilification he has received and the fact that the RL authorities would not let him get away with it meant he had no option.

On the other hand, "His-Holiness-The-Kev" plus the rest of the Leeds conclave have been allowed to make a career on the back of such dubious tactics without so much as a breath of criticisim from their fawning acolytes at Sky or their chums at "BBC-Leeds-Rhinos". And as for being allowed to get away with it by the RL authorities, the evidence is still there to see on a weekly basis.

The hour is getting late

JAMIE PEACOCK

#109 markleeds

markleeds
  • Coach
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:59 PM

I wonder if 'tmfisl' will be getting a call the RFL after his cowardly elbow on the much smaller Tomkins?

Also did anyone see him go for a big hit on Sam and missing, he really did look a fool!

#110 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,650 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:50 PM

Well he is OOC this season and not signed up yet in the unlikely event of him not signing a new deal and missing out on a ''lucrative" testimonial there will be the usual suspects coming in to sign him up.He has however got his Bash bros leisure wear business off the ground and his mate Wayne Rooney is buying his sweater's and  onesies whatever they are? ;) .So someone loves him

Also did anyone see him go for a big hit on Sam and missing, he really did look a fool!

The hour is getting late

JAMIE PEACOCK

#111 Bitofaboogie

Bitofaboogie
  • Coach
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:00 PM

Through one incredibly distorted eye...

...............which is always open.

#112 Bitofaboogie

Bitofaboogie
  • Coach
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:06 PM

Look Ant I don't mind you, you try to keep it to RL more or less,but he goes on about soccer style stuff by Sinfield,when Sinfield was attempted to be taken out cynically in the GF he didn't milk that one.As for laughing at people because their train well that's about his speed coming out with soccer fan comments.I should imagine there were a number of Huddersfield people aiting for that train too

And of course, if the game had been played in Yorkshire, won by Leeds and the West-bound train had been subject to last minute cancellation, I'm sure all you Yorkies would have been very concerned for our welfare - I'll bet there wouldn't even have been a giggle. Honestly!!??

As for Sinfield not milking it in the GF, perhaps that's why Monaghan wasn't penalised? This despite the fact that Monaghan was in much later and with more force than either McIlorum or Crosby were last night.

#113 Bitofaboogie

Bitofaboogie
  • Coach
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:10 PM

Look mush are your club still under suspended sentence for Breaking a major rule a short while ago?

Wigan didn't break that major rule that you are talking about a short while ago - if you don't believe me then go and look up the text of the RFL's own decision on the matter. What is more, Wigan have never broken that major rule that you are talking about.

As for Leeds, well all their players play for brass buttons just so they can play alongside their mates and have a chance of winning things - my @@@######!!

#114 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,650 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:11 PM

No I wouldn't have had a giggle.I don't do Soccer style idiotic stuff like that.Talk about RL league not regional rivalry that page is AOB

The hour is getting late

JAMIE PEACOCK

#115 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,650 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:12 PM

so they got docked points for what?

Wigan didn't break that major rule that you are talking about a short while ago - if you don't believe me then go and look up the text of the RFL's own decision on the matter. What is more, Wigan have never broken that major rule that you are talking about.

As for Leeds, well all their players play for brass buttons just so they can play alongside their mates and have a chance of winning things - my @@@######!!

The hour is getting late

JAMIE PEACOCK

#116 Bitofaboogie

Bitofaboogie
  • Coach
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:33 PM

so they got docked points for what?

Go and read the judgement, then you'll know.

#117 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:54 PM

Another thread ending up with handbag swipes and childish comments! Get me out of here!  :(

Edited by Saint Billinge, 27 May 2013 - 03:55 PM.

#118 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,968 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:57 PM

I re watched the game today, and was struck by how good it was. When I was first watching it, I felt there were too many errors, but on second viewing there were fewer than I remember, and a number of them were the result of errors. You could actually make a decent England out of these 2 teams - Sam Josh Hardaker Watkins Hall McGuire Smith Mossop Mc Peacock JJB Faz Lockers Sinny Burrow Bailey plus 1.
Wigan will learn a lot from this. Leeds already know everything there is to know about winning big games. Going to be a fascinating end to the season.

#119 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:06 PM

I re watched the game today, and was struck by how good it was. When I was first watching it, I felt there were too many errors, but on second viewing there were fewer than I remember, and a number of them were the result of errors. You could actually make a decent England out of these 2 teams - Sam Josh Hardaker Watkins Hall McGuire Smith Mossop Mc Peacock JJB Faz Lockers Sinny Burrow Bailey plus 1.
Wigan will learn a lot from this. Leeds already know everything there is to know about winning big games. Going to be a fascinating end to the season.

I know the team made up was just to highlight the amount of English talent we have, I wouldn't put JJB in that side. He's a liability. Constantly shoots out of defence missing tackles, he doesn't shut up at the ref nowadays and every time he does make a tackle I feel the referee is half a second away from blowing for a penalty for holding down.

On a positive note it was great to see Sutcliffe and Singleton play, I imagine they've got huge futures ahead of themselves.

#120 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:53 AM

Sam's not innocent on that score by any means, however Eddie has twenty years form of anti-Wigan sentiments. Him calling out a Wigan player for something negative over an opposition player doing the same, shouldn't be taken as gospel of anything.

Eddie and Stevo are embarrassing, the latter in particular who was content at grasping at every straw of an infringement when Wigan scored, despite Cummings clarification. The Sky coverage needs Clarkey's Wigan bias to provide a counter to those fools, but if I had my way I'd clear out the lot and start again.

I first became aware of Eddie Hemmings on a Wigan end of season VHS, I thought he was brilliant and called the clips superbly.  Oh how he has changed.  To say he is anti Wigan is completely wrong, he's anti every team these days, always seeking the negative.  For those not at the game this Sunday there was plenty of choice for alternative commentary, BBC Sports Xtra, Radio Leeds, Yorkshire Sport, and probably GMR too.

I'm pretty sure that I'm in the minority in liking Phil Clarke, but what Sky have him doing makes him seem stats obsessed and that helps none of us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users