Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

26/05/13 - Leeds Rhinos v Wigan Warriors - KO 19:30

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Leeds Rhinos (2 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

2. Voted Wigan Warriors (9 votes [81.82%])

Percentage of vote: 81.82%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:03 AM

I have no problem whatsoever with the dissalowed Leeds try and was hoping we would get tackled before we scored. As soon as he went upstairs I knew it would be chalked off.

I agree it had no impact on the play, but we can't start interpreting that kind of thing otherwise it leaves incidents like that open to all sorts of controversy.

As for Leeds, I have no problem losing a game when we play like that. A couple of mistakes in the 1st half cost us but with the 3 forwards we had out I was happy with how the pack went. From what I have seen this year, Leeds, Wigan and Hudds are ahead of everyone else at the mo. then there's Catalan, Warrington and now maybe Hull just behind. If those 6 can hit form in September though we should be in for some great playoff games this year.

Pretty much exactly what I was going to post today. I have no issues with any decisions by the ref in that game, the McGuire "try" was always going to be disallowed, and like you Id hoped he got tackled before the line to give us field position!

#122 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,062 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:24 AM

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#123 Loiner

Loiner
  • Coach
  • 313 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:07 PM

Should have been a penalty to Wigan at the scrum before that try but the Sky clowns never picked up on it.

Should have been a scrum to Leeds before Richards try clearly a forward pass from Tomkins. 

#124 Loiner

Loiner
  • Coach
  • 313 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:26 PM

I re watched the game today, and was struck by how good it was. When I was first watching it, I felt there were too many errors, but on second viewing there were fewer than I remember, and a number of them were the result of errors. You could actually make a decent England out of these 2 teams - Sam Josh Hardaker Watkins Hall McGuire Smith Mossop Mc Peacock JJB Faz Lockers Sinny Burrow Bailey plus 1.
Wigan will learn a lot from this. Leeds already know everything there is to know about winning big games. Going to be a fascinating end to the season.

At last a Wiganer with some sense instead of the other idiot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users