Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Richard Moore returns to the Hawks squad for Premier Sports clash

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#21 Penola

Penola
  • 600 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:41 PM

Anyone who wears a Hunslet shirt is good enough for me

#22 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:45 PM

Anyone who wears a Hunslet shirt is good enough for me

Couldn't have said it any better

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#23 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 876 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:06 AM

Ah, the topic that won't go away (again).

I'll say it once more and that's it. I am "comfortable" ("happy" is too strong a word) with a LIMITED number (five is too many) of DR players who can offer us something we haven't got in a particular position or role and therefore offer a general improvement in the team.

What I am not comfortable (and certainly NOT happy) with is, is DR players keeping their place in their team who are clearly no better than our own players, or experienced Super League players using DR to get (or keep) fit.

My dearest wish at the end of the season (apart from us not being Ch1) is that the RFL nail down the goalposts on the entire DR issue - my preference would be THREE DR players maximum, none of which are older than say, 22. 

#24 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:11 AM

We need to get behind the 17 lads in our famous shirt tonight, sing loud and back them for the full 80 mins.

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#25 hunsletnewboy

hunsletnewboy
  • Players
  • 87 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:16 AM

The point is they were signed for the 2013 season and were good enough to be signed, but rhinos want there players game time to benefit rhinos, how are the Hunslet players going to improve and get better as a squad if rhinos are playing every week. Its okay saying they are better players, at the end of the season they'll go back to leeds and hunslet will be back to square one with a squad of players and no improvement gained through lack of game time. People need to look past a quick fix season and see a bigger picture. How many players have already left the club this season who weren't playing regularly and would they have left if they were playing on a regular basis ?

#26 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:37 AM

How many players have already left the club this season who weren't playing regularly and would they have left if they were playing on a regular basis ?

None

#27 gabby

gabby
  • Coach
  • 750 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:46 AM

What's the love affair with Jimmy Watson. He's okay but no better than Kain or Bush at full back. Scoring 3 tries in a try fest does not make him an international.

It is far better to remain silent and be thought a fool
than to open your mouth and prove that you are.

#28 MiBoy

MiBoy
  • Players
  • 88 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:05 AM

IMO Yates and Menzies are 2 very good props and regardless of Moore coming into the side they both deserve their place in the 17 like they have done all season!! And they will only get better.

#29 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 876 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:36 AM

IMO Yates and Menzies are 2 very good props and regardless of Moore coming into the side they both deserve their place in the 17 like they have done all season!! And they will only get better.

That's right, and I'd be very surprised if those two plus Haley weren't the other props tonight. Moore would be effectively a straight "DR swap" for Singleton.

#30 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 236 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:19 PM

What's the love affair with Jimmy Watson. He's okay but no better than Kain or Bush at full back. Scoring 3 tries in a try fest does not make him an international.

You clearly dont see what others see then. 

Do you not see how he comes in the 3/4 line and is an extra attacking player.  Do you not see how many push throughs he does looking for the hand offs from forwards,  do you not see his breaks that set others players up.   

You will find that over 60 % of tries will have had J Watson in the build up if not the guy who set it up.

#31 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 434 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:44 PM

Those who suggest the fringe players had a chance last week & failed by losing, know this statement is flawed. Even if they won or lost or even thrashed Workington they would be dropped. This theory was proves in the 2nd game of the season as we easily beat Barrow at home & further DR were brought in for the next game.

Also sometimes I question if these DR players are playing for themselves or the team, as it is more beneficial for them to get on the scoresheet rather than passing to a teammate. Hood did this at featherstone away when clear through with a player supporting he tried to take on the fullback, the keinhurst did this away at Halifax with the fullback in front with bush in the open with the line at his mercy & Watson at home forgot who against went for the line with the winger on the touch line with no one marking him, all 3 would of been certain tries, I know hunslet players have done this in the past but it makes you question their intentions when playing.

Regarding J Watson he is not a world beater, & it seems the team would be at a major lost if he was responsible for 60% of tries. I also see him being error prone now & then.

#32 Green Brigade

Green Brigade
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:49 PM

Those who suggest the fringe players had a chance last week & failed by losing, know this statement is flawed. Even if they won or lost or even thrashed Workington they would be dropped. This theory was proves in the 2nd game of the season as we easily beat Barrow at home & further DR were brought in for the next game.

Also sometimes I question if these DR players are playing for themselves or the team, as it is more beneficial for them to get on the scoresheet rather than passing to a teammate. Hood did this at featherstone away when clear through with a player supporting he tried to take on the fullback, the keinhurst did this away at Halifax with the fullback in front with bush in the open with the line at his mercy & Watson at home forgot who against went for the line with the winger on the touch line with no one marking him, all 3 would of been certain tries, I know hunslet players have done this in the past but it makes you question their intentions when playing.

Regarding J Watson he is not a world beater, & it seems the team would be at a major lost if he was responsible for 60% of tries. I also see him being error prone now & then.

Best post on this topic.

#33 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:03 PM

Best post on this topic.

no its not, fans maybe impressed with who scores but any coach at any level should be more interested in the build up play rather than who actually gets the 4 points

#34 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 434 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:10 PM

no its not, fans maybe impressed with who scores but any coach at any level should be more interested in the build up play rather than who actually gets the 4 points

Fans hate greedy players, it denies their team from scoring.

#35 Green Brigade

Green Brigade
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:28 PM

Where does it state in the post I agreed with about scoring all the points?

#36 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 434 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:51 PM

Fans hate greedy players, it denies their team from scoring.

Then Houston goes and does it tonight.

#37 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 434 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:54 PM

You clearly dont see what others see then.
Do you not see how he comes in the 3/4 line and is an extra attacking player. Do you not see how many push throughs he does looking for the hand offs from forwards, do you not see his breaks that set others players up.

You will find that over 60 % of tries will have had J Watson in the build up if not the guy who set it up.

I think tonight showed he is no world beater.
2 mistakes 2 tries & we lost by 8

#38 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:44 PM

Well the Rhino's players are quite good the rest.......

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#39 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:48 PM

Well the Rhino's players are quite good the rest.......

youve got nowt to shout about trotter!!! The bent ref was your mom
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#40 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,419 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:50 PM

youve got nowt to shout about trotter!!! The bent ref was your mom

No actually it was Campbell! Now don't be ridiculously predictable and go blaming the ref.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users