- - - - -

Richard Moore returns to the Hawks squad for Premier Sports clash

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:49 AM

gaz, nobody is denying young Watson has talent but he is prone to a few howlers, at home v dewsbury when he let an harmless looking kick roll for an eternity costing 6 points probably the worst .Last night i thought he had the 40/20 well covered but took too much time before he made a play for it, the kick at the end i will concede it was a very awkward ball to take and unlucky that it conceded a try.Lets hope it hasnt knocked his confidence too much.

Posted Image

#62 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 254 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:55 AM

As he is the last line of defence I suppose the buck stops with him.  I am a little bias. :ph34r:

#63 Green Brigade

Green Brigade
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:06 AM

I thought Watson was one if not our best player, his kick returns were superb he defused every high kick, cover tackled well and was a threat with ball in hand.

No way can he blamed for the 40/20 he ran nearly 50 yards to try and stop that, and he was never going to stop it, as by the time he got there it had virtually crossed the line, id be more inclined to ask why the winger wasn't back covering that kick rather than blaming someone who ran 50 yards to try and prevent it, and not forgetting it was a great kick!

As for his mistake in the last minute, yes it cost us a late try, but it had no bearing on the game whatsoever, but overall he played well. Was the best of all the Leeds players IMO.

The winger wasnt back because batley were attacking that side so he has to stay in the line, that was the fullbacks fault.

Was a good kick though.

Edited by Green Brigade, 24 May 2013 - 11:07 AM.

#64 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:59 PM

Massive boost having Richard Moore in the squad!

I hope he's stocked up on energy bars... He's playing at the Magic Weekend too!

Posted Image

#65 DOGFATHER

DOGFATHER
  • Coach
  • 276 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:29 PM

I hope he's stocked up on energy bars... He's playing at the Magic Weekend too!

I was under the impression that if a player was selected for there parent club (in the 19 man squad) they weren't allowed to play for the feeder club? Is this not the case?

#66 hunsletnewboy

hunsletnewboy
  • Players
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:36 PM

The first goal attempt definately missed, it swerved away at the last minute. Can't blame watson for the 40/20, if they were attacking prlce's side, then watson moves over to cover that side, whilst the other winger drops back to cover the other side of the pitch. Saw Oaksey & Brickwood sat in stand (why I dont know). How mapals got mom is beyond me, hes good at running it in, but if you watch him, he roams about the pitch, which leaves a massive hole uncovered on the wing. Welham had a decent game and Prlce is loved for yesteryear, as is one or two others. Blunt but true. And i've already posted my views on D/R.

#67 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 531 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:05 PM

I was under the impression that if a player was selected for there parent club (in the 19 man squad) they weren't allowed to play for the feeder club? Is this not the case?

That's my understanding of it too, by playing for Hunslet he surely rules himself out of playing for Leeds in the same game weekend (a weekend being Thurs-Mon with tv games)

You play for one or t'other

Edited by morley-hawk, 24 May 2013 - 05:06 PM.

#68 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 254 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:46 PM

Is it not the minutes you play rather than if you play? I remember watching a player in the U18s at Leeds and he played x amount of minutes in the U18 game as he was playing also for the U20s a day or so later. Maybe im not sure.
I recon Moore is there to make the numbers up tho and doubt he will play. Shame though I rate him.

#69 hunslet ramone

hunslet ramone
  • Coach
  • 151 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:40 PM

First up, like Batley linked  with Huddersfield we are both not  feeder clubs , but two Duel Reg clubs. A world of difference.

And can't see why Richard Moore or any one else,( say one of your duel reg players from Huddersfield) cannot play for both clubs in less than a week. Think this has happened before with Singleton. Cannot see any problem with that, as it is not in the same league, what don't effect results in two different leagues. 

#70 DOGFATHER

DOGFATHER
  • Coach
  • 276 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:16 PM

First up, like Batley linked  with Huddersfield we are both not  feeder clubs , but two Duel Reg clubs. A world of difference.

And can't see why Richard Moore or any one else,( say one of your duel reg players from Huddersfield) cannot play for both clubs in less than a week. Think this has happened before with Singleton. Cannot see any problem with that, as it is not in the same league, what don't effect results in two different leagues. 

Call it what you will, POTATO/POTATOE. 

#71 gabby

gabby
  • Coach
  • 770 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:48 PM

How did you think Coyle went gabby ?Obviously lacked match fitness but a lovely short ball to put houston through early on promised much imo.

One or two passes put men through but one or two terrible passes. Probably due to lack of match practice.

It is far better to remain silent and be thought a fool
than to open your mouth and prove that you are.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users