Tunisia

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,748 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:39 PM

I'm off to Tunisia is late July but know nothing about it apart from there will probably be another revolution when I'm there.

Anyone been? Any advice?

Cheers in advance

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#2 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,167 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:59 PM

I'll ask the Missus. She's from next door in Morocco, but might be able to profer some advice. What I do know from speaking to her in the past is that Tunisians speak Arabic with an accent that is funny to Moroccans and that they eat a lot of chillies.

LUNEW.jpg

#3 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,740 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:13 PM

I know somebody who went for two weeks a year or two since and came back after a few days complaining that it was too hot. :rolleyes:

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#4 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,167 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:25 PM

Right, aside from the chillies and (apparently camp) accents, the only thing the Missus suggests is the beaches (obviously), Roman archaeology, casbahs...Moreover all her knowledge is pre revolution so it might be very different now.

LUNEW.jpg

#5 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,748 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:57 PM

Right, aside from the chillies and (apparently camp) accents, the only thing the Missus suggests is the beaches (obviously), Roman archaeology, casbahs...Moreover all her knowledge is pre revolution so it might be very different now.

The beaches were a big attraction, they look sensational.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#6 Bazz

Bazz
  • Coach
  • 285 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:04 PM

I went thirty odd years ago and I guess it will be much more developed tourist wise now.

The beaches were good,Tunis was an interesting city where we managed with our knowledge of French and Carthage was brilliant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users