Dewsbury away

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Furryenzo

Furryenzo
  • Coach
  • 913 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:32 PM

I went away from the game utterly disappointed and a fair bit p***** off, not because of the score, but because I know that two years ago we would have absolutely battered that Dewsbury side. A real display of how we have gone backwards.

However, I will credit our defense, which for the majority was brilliant. I dont need to talk about Laughton, I think thats been covered.

This was the first time ive seen Harvey in action, and im sorry but on that showing, having him at SO and Ainscough at centre is criminal, I didnt think he brought anything to the game. However, I have been told he was very good against the crusaders. 

Also I think Sarsfield was brilliant, solid running every time. I think in our second year in this league we should have figured out by now that you need a big, strong pack. Without Mills it looked like men against boys out there

Im only smiling because `no-one`'s found the bodies yet.

#22 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,946 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:26 PM

Harvey is class
Give him a chance

#23 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 906 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:20 PM

I went away from the game utterly disappointed and a fair bit p***** off, not because of the score, but because I know that two years ago we would have absolutely battered that Dewsbury side. A real display of how we have gone backwards.

However, I will credit our defense, which for the majority was brilliant. I dont need to talk about Laughton, I think thats been covered.

This was the first time ive seen Harvey in action, and im sorry but on that showing, having him at SO and Ainscough at centre is criminal, I didnt think he brought anything to the game. However, I have been told he was very good against the crusaders.

Also I think Sarsfield was brilliant, solid running every time. I think in our second year in this league we should have figured out by now that you need a big, strong pack. Without Mills it looked like men against boys out there

I really dont see it that way at all. We played a side at home that has recently beaten both Halifax and Featherstone. Their side contained some large men with massive experience such as Platt, Aizue and Price and played a big forwards game on a small pitch.
Compared to some of this seasons games when we totally capitulated after going behind, our lads dug in and could still have come away with more than a bonus point.
All that without any of the 'big name' Warrington players we have been recently criticised for. There are a few teams in the same battle as us at the moment but I'm sure Gary Chambers is trying to build a squad of our own. There was a player warming up with us who I have never seen. Who was he?
I agree about Sarsfield but not about Harvey. He has the credentials but hasnt been back with us long enough yet.

Stick with it and it will happen!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#24 Furryenzo

Furryenzo
  • Coach
  • 913 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:55 PM

Yeah, ive heard Harvey is good, so im not going to 'point the gun' at him just yet, but I was very disappointed with his kicking in that game, we were much better with Smith kicking from dummy half.

I understand that Dewsbury have had some good results and are no push-overs, but their performance, I think their fans will agree, was below par, and a couple of years ago we would have had the nouse in attack to capitalize.

Before the game I had it down for 42-16, so if you would have offered me the bonus point id have snapped your hand off, however after watching the game, I think we could have got more.  

Edited by Furryenzo, 27 May 2013 - 10:56 PM.

#25 class of 63

class of 63
  • Coach
  • 249 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:56 AM

I accept that Dewsbury have had some good wins this season and as I have already said a bonus point under normal conditions would have been reasonable, but on the day in my opinion I saw 2 poor performances and Dewsbury came away with the 3 points. If we had have been anything like we could have had those 3 points.

Anyway thats now in the past lets get up for Sundays game against one of the high flyers in Halifax - anything like last season and we could get a win.

#26 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 320 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:32 PM

Harvey is class
Give him a chance

I will assume he was carrying a knock today then and see how he goes against Batley next week!

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#27 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,946 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:25 PM

I will assume he was carrying a knock today then and see how he goes against Batley next week!

Ha ha. A bit unfair given the whole team was appalling today. Not his finest hour but at least he tried something !
There were some anonymous performances today which for me is far worse.

#28 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 906 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:46 PM

At least you and I gave him some encouragement Mark. There was an awful stoney silence when he walked off. He had a mare but as you say, he tried something!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#29 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,946 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:58 PM

Encouragement. ...won't the swear filter on the swinton forum bleep that word out?
Nice to put a face to the name by the way

#30 Furryenzo

Furryenzo
  • Coach
  • 913 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:18 PM

Ha ha. A bit unfair given the whole team was appalling today. Not his finest hour but at least he tried something !
There were some anonymous performances today which for me is far worse.

Simply trying things wont keep us in this division. I agree we were appalling today, however sadly for Harvey he plays in a key position, so when he doesnt perform its going to hurt our performance massively. 

#31 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,946 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:22 AM

I agree he didn't perform. But intercepted passes are a massive gamble for the defending team he could have gone from zero to hero had a couple of those passes missed Worrincy

Harvey didn't lose us the game yesterday nor did dual registration or not building Agecroft. 1 to 17 played terribly. We noticed Harvey more simply because he was in that pivotal position. He had three of the four three quarters floating through that game.
However I do clearly accept he played badly. .so splitting hairs on whether thats playing badly or playing badly isn't a point of argument from me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users