Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

London Machete Attack

• Please log in to reply
276 replies to this topic

#21 one shot

one shot
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:11 PM

Yep.

Heard the statement of one of the murderers on telly. English, not foreign accent.

English? English men don't mutilate off duty soldiers with machetes and meat cleavers screaming "allah akbar"!! Jesus was born on a stable! Doesn't make him a horse!!

#22 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,730 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:12 PM

English? English men don't mutilate off duty soldiers with machetes and meat cleavers screaming "allah akbar"!! Jesus was born on a stable! Doesn't make him a horse!!

I'm now convinced you're a troll.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#23 ChrisGS

ChrisGS
  • Coach
  • 356 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:18 PM

One just did... idiot.

Africans born in England are English, I'm quite sure.

#24 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,730 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:19 PM

I just noticed that this attack was probably no more than 200 yards from the IRA bombing in 1974.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#25 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:21 PM

I'm not really knowledgable of Woolwich, but could this spark another bout of rioting?

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#26 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,730 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:21 PM

I'm not really knowledgable of Woolwich, but could this spark another bout of rioting?

Any excuse for some people.

#27 one shot

one shot
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:23 PM

One just did... idiot.

Africans born in England are English, I'm quite sure.

Any need to lower the tone with insults? Your politically correct chickens are coming home to roost! Defending the indefensible! The african born in england? Yes he is, if he wants to be! What a silly example. Trying no doubt to suggest racism? The analogy is all wrong, ISLAMICS born in this country, obviously, don't want to be English! Therefore.......... I await the Guardinistas solution!

#28 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:25 PM

Any excuse for some people.

True.

I fear this could get very, very messy.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#29 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,730 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:27 PM

Any need to lower the tone with insults? Your politically correct chickens are coming home to roost! Defending the indefensible! The african born in england? Yes he is, if he wants to be! What a silly example. Trying no doubt to suggest racism? The analogy is all wrong, ISLAMICS born in this country, obviously, don't want to be English! Therefore.......... I await the Guardinistas solution!

I think you really need to get out more.  I know a good number of muslim English people, I got a good few Christmas cards from them as well.   Nice of you to paint them all with the same brush.

A minority of criminals causing atrocities does not make a culture or nation bad.  I suppose you think all Irish Catholics are terrorists as well?  What about Germans?

#30 ChrisGS

ChrisGS
  • Coach
  • 356 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:28 PM

Defending what? Nobody is defending anybody. Just because the adults in this thread aren't in agreement with your 1800's style racism - yes, saying that somebody isn't English because they're not white and christian is racism - doesn't mean we're defending cold blooded murderers.

I'm an atheist and think nothing of Islam. And I wipe my ###### with the Guardian, don't insult me... I'm proper left wing, I read OpenDemocracy.

#31 ChrisGS

ChrisGS
  • Coach
  • 356 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:32 PM

And most Africans in the UK are Christian fyi. The suspect could be from a Christian family for all we know. lots of converts in London.

#32 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,730 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:32 PM

True.

I fear this could get very, very messy.

It could indeed.  Not a good night to be in a troubled area.

#33 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,642 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:35 PM

Any need to lower the tone with insults?

You'll have to forgive those who can't quite attain the same intellectual plane as you.

Simply shocking attack. Horrible.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#34 ChrisGS

ChrisGS
  • Coach
  • 356 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:40 PM

It could indeed.  Not a good night to be in a troubled area.

What's worrying is they've just demonstrated how easy terrorism can be if approached in a certain manner.

One of my go-to arguments when arguing with bigots about Muslims and Islamic extremism is that, were there any real number of terrorists in this country, we'd be seeing relatively frequent attacks on citizens with guns, knives, firebombs, etc, stuff that's easily done.

My POV could be put to the test in the near future if this style attack is copied.

I hear there's a lot of prep at the moment, mainly dealing with the threats in the aftermath, protests, riots and what not. All it takes is a few bellends and you can have riots on your hand.

#35 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,753 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:47 PM

A British Soldier has been brutally murdered on the streets of our capital! We are at war with Islam! I've known it for some time, many of you lot need to wake up and get off your collective liberal high horses!
My thoughts and prayers are for the family of the murdered soldier.

We are not at war with Islam. There is a small Islamist fundamentalist criminal faction in this country who are intent on causing atrocities in attempt to panic the public into reactions like yours. They are being hunted down and brougt to justice but sadly awful events like today happe as we can't stop them all.

My heart goes out to the victim and his family.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#36 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,302 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:50 PM

What's worrying is they've just demonstrated how easy terrorism can be if approached in a certain manner.

One of my go-to arguments when arguing with bigots about Muslims and Islamic extremism is that, were there any real number of terrorists in this country, we'd be seeing relatively frequent attacks on citizens with guns, knives, firebombs, etc, stuff that's easily done.

Not necessarily.  I would imagine a lot will depend on what intelligence the relevant services are able to obtain about who is looking suspicious.  Since 7/7 we have learned about one or two significant terrorist attacks that have been rumbled, for example the one involving liquids on planes.  They're the big stuff but they still require planning, obtaining weapons, scoping locations, etc, just as a small attack would. 

Whether the perps had English accents or not, one of them appeared to identify with somewhere else, if the quote on the BBC website is anything to go by:

The ITV film shows a black man, dressed in a grey hooded jacket, saying: "We must fight them as they fight us. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth." He added: "I apologise that women have had to witness this today, but in our land our women have to see the same. You people will never be safe. Remove your government, they don't care about you."

Islamist terrorism is just as bad as IRA terrorism or any other excuse for terrorism and the perpetrators should be treated in exactly the same way as any other involved in terrorism.  I grew up with the fear of IRA terrorism and so I am not remotely sympathetic to terrorists or their cause and don't really care what other people think of that.

#37 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,302 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:53 PM

We are not at war with Islam. There is a small Islamist fundamentalist criminal faction in this country who are intent on causing atrocities in attempt to panic the public into reactions like yours. They are being hunted down and brougt to justice but sadly awful events like today happe as we can't stop them all.

How do you know the faction is small?  I would suggest that you don't know that it is.  It could simply be that our security services have been doing a very fine job at infiltrating groups and controlling them.  We don't know, and nor should we really because otherwise we would live in a perpetual state of anxiety which is counterproductive IMO. 

#38 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,131 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:55 PM

Truly appalling.

The attackers shouldn't have received hospital treatment,they should have been left to die in the street.

My thoughts and prayers are with the victim and his family.

Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#39 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,171 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:01 PM

How do you know the faction is small?  I would suggest that you don't know that it is.  It could simply be that our security services have been doing a very fine job at infiltrating groups and controlling them.  We don't know, and nor should we really because otherwise we would live in a perpetual state of anxiety which is counterproductive IMO. 

Mr Geordiesaint has studied to situation a bit from memory.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#40 one shot

one shot
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:01 PM

How do we bring them to justice?
Its all the bleeding hearts, the likes of you lot on here that have progressively caused it! Anybody that speaks a bit of sense is called a racist and bigot with no evidence whatsoever! All responses are twisted in a mindless schoolboy way! The mods then delete posts and ban/suspend the alleged offender! Anybody who doesn't agree with homosexual marriage is branded a homophobe! Anybody who criticises the rfl is censored! I have not once mentioned the colour of a mans skin, yet I am a racist! Nay, I am the voice of reason and indeed the voice of the SILENT majority. Islam, I REPEAT ISLAM( couldn't give a ###### what colour) has no place in British Culture! It is an evil medieval religion! It persecutes its own women and treats them as chatels! If they want to practice their barbaric medieval religion they should be shipped to some adobe compound where that culture actually has a meaning! Ban me! Please I'm sick of even replying to some of the imbeciles on here!!!! I won't be logging on again! You make me vomit!
Look forward to your juvenile responses!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users