TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Times and dates

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:48 AM

I have just taken yet another call from a supporter asking if we know the individual match dates for the next round of the Challenge Cup, as he wants to book some time off work and a hotel so as not to miss a match.

How difficult a job can it possibly be to get dates, venues and times fixed what amounts to a mere handful of matches?  I hate to criticise but it seems to me the game might have fewer problems filling stadiums for Challenge Cup and international fixtures if supporters were given more time to arrange travel, accommodation and such like.

We are long past the days when Fev supporters worked down t' local pits, t' Heavy Woollen lot worked in't mills in Dewsbury and the Warrington lot all pulled wire. I have answered calls from Leeds Rhinos supporters who travel every week from Cumbria to Headingley or wherever their team is playing away, from Cas supporters who travel every week from London and a Broncos supporter who travels down from Hull.

There are Saints and Wigan fans all over the country, many of who travel every week of the season ...........

I could probably go on till I had named every Super League and every team playing in the Championships if I had listed every caller in the last ten years or so asking for times and dates so they could get their leave request for in, in time, and book that hotel room before it was too late to take advantage of that early booking discount they'd seen on the internet.

Life is not as confined as it used to be.  People have got choices.  We need to make sure that if they want to choose a great Rugby League match we are laying out a red carpet in front of them not an obstacle course.

:-)

Edited by Honor James, 23 May 2013 - 10:54 AM.

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

#2 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,813 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:02 AM

Somebody seems to be having a hot flush.

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#3 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,125 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:10 PM

At least nobody else posted it first.

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#4 brooza

brooza
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

What an odd press release

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#5 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 6,059 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:30 PM

She has a point and it's worse for the World Cup when people have to travel from the ends of the earth. They only recently decided on kickoff times.

#6 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:43 PM

Anyone know the times and dates for all the fixtures in the next round of the Challenge Cup? Not stirring it, honest guv!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users