Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Interceptions

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 1945 onwards

1945 onwards
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:31 PM

My computer was intercepted by the dreaded blue sceen of death so I had to put it back to the factory setting. The Rovers forum refused to accept my old user name and password, my former email address had packed in so I had to start again from scratch. I soon found out that old men and IT are not a good combination. However I have got there in the end.

Excuse me if someone has already mentioned it, but who can remember a trialist for the Rovers (Clarkson) scoring two interception tries in the same game? He was promptly signed on but I cannot remember how he faired in his subsequent career.

• JAD likes this

#2 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,426 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

Excuse me if someone has already mentioned it, but who can remember a trialist for the Rovers (Clarkson) scoring two interception tries in the same game? He was promptly signed on but I cannot remember how he faired in his subsequent career.

When?

• JAD likes this

A Fev Blog

#3 1945 onwards

1945 onwards
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:39 PM

I struggled for a long time to find this (because of my set up) then I suddenly remembered Ian Clayton's 100 Years of Featherstone Rugby which gives a player's first season.

Colin Clarkson scored his two interception tries on 31 December 1955 against Hunslet. His career total is given as 20 games and six tries.

• JAD likes this

#4 JAD

JAD
  • Players
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:38 PM

My husband is Colin Clarkson's son and the family always talk about his time at Featherstone Rovers....especially when he trialled for them as you mentioned. Unfortunately his career was short lived because he suffered a broken arm and then became terminally ill.....such a shame. He was very skinny and my husband's Gran remembers the fans ridiculing him for being skinny during that match. In true Yorkshire fashion she barked at them, "wait till e gets ball..." He could run like the wind!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users