Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Interceptions

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 1945 onwards

1945 onwards
  • Players
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:31 PM

My computer was intercepted by the dreaded blue sceen of death so I had to put it back to the factory setting. The Rovers forum refused to accept my old user name and password, my former email address had packed in so I had to start again from scratch. I soon found out that old men and IT are not a good combination. However I have got there in the end.

Excuse me if someone has already mentioned it, but who can remember a trialist for the Rovers (Clarkson) scoring two interception tries in the same game? He was promptly signed on but I cannot remember how he faired in his subsequent career.

• JAD likes this

#2 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,361 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

Excuse me if someone has already mentioned it, but who can remember a trialist for the Rovers (Clarkson) scoring two interception tries in the same game? He was promptly signed on but I cannot remember how he faired in his subsequent career.

When?

• JAD likes this

You Can't Buy Team Spirit

#3 1945 onwards

1945 onwards
  • Players
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:39 PM

I struggled for a long time to find this (because of my set up) then I suddenly remembered Ian Clayton's 100 Years of Featherstone Rugby which gives a player's first season.

Colin Clarkson scored his two interception tries on 31 December 1955 against Hunslet. His career total is given as 20 games and six tries.

• JAD likes this

#4 JAD

JAD
  • Players
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:38 PM

My husband is Colin Clarkson's son and the family always talk about his time at Featherstone Rovers....especially when he trialled for them as you mentioned. Unfortunately his career was short lived because he suffered a broken arm and then became terminally ill.....such a shame. He was very skinny and my husband's Gran remembers the fans ridiculing him for being skinny during that match. In true Yorkshire fashion she barked at them, "wait till e gets ball..." He could run like the wind!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users