Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Acton maybe out longer than first fierd

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:25 PM

I agree about the loan proposal for fringe SL players unlikely to figure in their first team . They could always be called back in emergencies . Gives a bit of continuity , and means things aren't ad hoc week to week .

Edited by DavidM, 24 May 2013 - 01:26 PM.

#22 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:17 AM

yeah thats going to play in the mind of the championship club,it can take a few games to get your sharpness back and playing one game every 4 or 5 weeks like hulme is, isnt going to do him any good either. sending players on loan is probably the best bet for both parties, the likes of briscoe and hulme could have easily come on 3 month loans then town would probably play them more often if there part of our set up.briscoe just seems very unlucky with playing, he was supposed to play vs keighley and it was called off, then i would of expected us to call him up last sunday when brett was ill but he had a testimonial game.

totally agree with the loan structure , it is far more beneficial to all parties than DR. Only issue is the money and the travelling/expenses cost?? I know the younger lads are on buttons but thats as far as SL is concerned it does make a difference in the championship and you have to watch the cost base. I know that champ clubs who play DR players do have to pay a figure and if you already have a full playing squad this is obviously and extra cost. However DR lads dont get appearance or win bonus money like contracted players so I suppose one offsets the other. Its a diffcult one because you rightly expect players coming in to a good job and expectations are high becasue they are attached to a SL club . Realisitically to come into a team after being out for four/five weeks and possibly having only a one hour training session with the team is really not ideal and I cant see how this arrangement fully benefits all parties . There is so much more on offer - I believe Widnes have been unlucky with injuries this season so thats potentially why the arrangement has worked quite as well but Workington have looked after there own and long may that continue. Hulme has just signed a new two year deal with Widnes, and I know he considered two other offers from champs sides which would ultimatley give him more game time,.but he decided to stay with the hope that he could go out on loan and prove to Betts what he can do.

#23 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 837 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:16 PM

Lawton and Hulme where both at training this morning.