Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Tonights Result

Dockers v Skirlaugh

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:19 PM

Skirlaugh took the spoils with a much improved performance they were 46-4 up when the heavens opened

#2 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:34 PM

46-10 i hear, hope the injured dockers lad is ok

#3 rodgerthedodger

rodgerthedodger
  • Facebook
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:19 AM

Very good performance by skirlaugh last night, spoke to a couple of their lads in previous weeks and they was saying when we click someone going to get a good hiding, and what a way to do it in a derby! Dockers seem to be in free fall at the moment

Looking forward to watching easts v Wests Saturday now should be a cracker!

#4 terryg

terryg
  • Coach
  • 572 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:55 AM

Well done to the Skirlaugh team. Must have a better set completion than last weekend.

#5 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:58 AM

very much so Terry, big Dean Booth frightened them to death

#6 codecracker

codecracker
  • Players
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:40 AM

First of all well done to the Skirlaugh lads. Take nothing away from them as winning a derby can be tough. As to someone getting a good hiding was that it????

Dockers was very avarage or poor and struggling to find some form with alot of injured players. Against better oposition on the night i would have liked to seen the so called good hiding. Haha.

Time will tell me thinks.

#7 British Lion

British Lion
  • Players
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

First of all well done to the Skirlaugh lads. Take nothing away from them as winning a derby can be tough. As to someone getting a good hiding was that it????

Dockers was very avarage or poor and struggling to find some form with alot of injured players. Against better oposition on the night i would have liked to seen the so called good hiding. Haha.

Time will tell me thinks.

you can only beat the team in front of you

#8 ehbandit

ehbandit
  • Coach
  • 590 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:03 PM

I'd say it was a 'good hiding'!

#9 codecracker

codecracker
  • Players
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:51 PM

My point was Hull Dockers were very poor last night and i said good win. But lets not get too excited stating that your dishing good hidings out.

Skirlaugh's next 6...............

Myton A

Wests H

Wath Brow A

Egremont A

Ince Rose H

East Hull A       

Yes can only beat what is front of you. Enjoy. Predictions all????????????????????

#10 ehbandit

ehbandit
  • Coach
  • 590 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:07 PM

they won't win any of them! so that just shows how bad dockers are! hahaha

#11 rodgerthedodger

rodgerthedodger
  • Facebook
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:27 PM

Why did dean booth join skirlaugh? You would have thought he would of joined myton to play with carl

#12 Bigtackle

Bigtackle
  • Players
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:12 PM

I also would say it was a good hiding!! full team effort from Skirlaugh who totally dominated the game right from the off. Big Dean made a couple of line breaking runs but needs to get lot fitter & up his defensive efforts. The forwards for Skirlaugh worked very hard and made some great yards.
Last time I watched Skirlaugh was against West Hull and if I am honest I really feared for them as they were pretty poor, however there seems to be a few changes and if they play like they did last night they should avoid any relegation battles.

#13 terryg

terryg
  • Coach
  • 572 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:37 PM

Time of course will tell. There is no such thing as an under strength team. I for one wouldn't like someone commenting after my first team debut that I was part of an under strength team.

Have a good look at the match highlights of Pats v Skirlaugh, but for schoolboy errors and on other occasions brilliant deference by St Pats, Skirlaugh could have won that game.
I like how Dean Booth plays, old style prop forward running, makes the hard yards then lets the runners take over.

Due to injuries and work commitments all teams will suffer but you need support from your second team downwards to stand up and claim a first team spot by their own performance. Never disregard the potential of any lower team player, with the right player at half back or hooker a base "second teamer" can step up to his potential and progress.Also some of the best defensive players are lost due to coaches only looking at points scorers. Some of the best players of our game hardly ever score but without them we wouldn't have the best game in the world.

Players should take the opportunity when gifted a first team spot and claim it permanently.  

My Prediction for this season.  I expect Skirlaugh to be in the playoffs.

#14 Walter

Walter
  • Coach
  • 437 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:51 PM

Blackbrook 22 Woolston 18

Great game between two evenly matched sides. Woolston were leading 18-12 with five minutes of normal time left but Blackbrook scored to reduce the gap to just two points and then they scored three minutes into injury time and added the conversion to snatch victory.

Very hash on Woolston but can't fault the effort or commitment; very promising signs for the future though

#15 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 671 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:23 PM

Was there tonight, Woolston defo robbed. Been a good start to NCL life? I know a lot didn't think you would make an impression

#16 sidsmudge

sidsmudge
  • Coach
  • 201 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:15 AM

I watched Dockers wen they won at Siddal a few weeks back.They are 1 of only a few teams to win there in past 3-4 seasons,they where excellent having recruited a couple of HKR juniors...seem to b in freefall since.

#17 legend killer

legend killer
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:47 AM

Terryg are you the man who used to film the Leigh east games? Soon feel off that bandwagon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users