Batley's turnstile offer

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:33 PM

Got a e-mail front the club telling me that if you go to the Batley - Rams game,a paying Rams supporter (adult only),two pounds of that money will go to the Rams,one pound for consessions.What do everything think of the idea,will it get more of our supporters to the game,or will people just think the Batley club won't be getting one penny from me.Got to say it's a interesting idea from the Bulldogs to drum up more people to the game.

Edited by Tom Coates, 28 May 2013 - 02:13 PM.

#2 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:39 PM

I think it's an excellent idea. It might just tip the scales with those who are wavering and the faithful will get some satisfaction from the knowledge that some of their cash will get returned to the Rams.

Much as we might view the dogs as our sworn enemies we should also acknowledge that they are innovative in many ways, and deserve better reward from that than they presently get.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#3 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:49 PM

We will all be under the same roof one day ;)

#4 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,348 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:33 PM

Aye seein as you'll be swallowed up by the extention to chick

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#5 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:57 PM

I remember the same idea last season, when you lot played London and any Dewsbury (and it applied to a few other clubs) fan who showed his season ticket gave £2 back to the club they support.
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#6 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:44 AM

With us making 2 pound per person on the gate, where will the rams tunstyles be just so we all know?

Hope this attracts more rams fans to the match so please all go through our turnstyle 

Lets all get behind the posts we attack and hopefully cheer us on to victory!!

#7 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:26 PM

Would had thought they would be a sign above the turnstyle where all Rams fans should go in.They did the same years ago when we played in the play-off game to see who had the most fans on the day,we had the most and the Batley chairman got dumped into a pool of water,happy days !

#8 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:21 PM

With us making 2 pound per person on the gate, where will the rams tunstyles be just so we all know?

Hope this attracts more rams fans to the match so please all go through our turnstyle 

Lets all get behind the posts we attack and hopefully cheer us on to victory!!

How do we know which post they attack in the first half though?

#9 dogga

dogga
  • Coach
  • 342 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:14 PM

open your eyes
union whats that?

#10 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:52 PM

open your eyes

Well no

#11 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:54 PM

How do we know which post they attack in the first half though?

You forget, one of the advantages of being at the Loverugbyleague.com stadium is that you can still move around the stadium at your wont!

#12 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:33 PM

You forget, one of the advantages of being at the Loverugbyleague.com stadium is that you can still move around the stadium at your wont!

Yes in fact there's always plenty of space at Batley.

#13 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:54 PM

Even more so when the Rams have to make the lengthy journey over WR.

All 30 of them.

No arguing about our home crowds, they are poor. But the rams following away from home for recent local derbies has been pitiful.

#14 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:01 PM

Nick do you ask which team every one in the ground is supporting?
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#15 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:30 PM

I probably could with some of our crowds.

But it doesn't take a genius in fairness to work it out Ramite.

#16 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:05 PM

Very good point if I must say

#17 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:33 PM

I probably could with some of our crowds.

But it doesn't take a genius in fairness to work it out Ramite.

It's rare I miss a trip to the mount I see quite a few faces from the south stand. Not everyone wears a Rams shirt or gets involved in the singing and chanting but still goes along and supports Dewsbury.Going by the Dewsbury fans I see at the Mount our support seems no worse than Batleys when at Owl Lane. IIRC the last time the turnstiles were split it was a boxing day game at the Mount which Dewsbury fans won.That said neither team has brilliant support home or away, especially Batley considering the team they currently have. I'd like to see Dewsbury do this and start with upping attendances for all derby games.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#18 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:05 PM

I dont know how the numbnut from across the valley can complain about losing £2 if dewsbury fans turn up.
last 2 dewsbury vs batley fixtures at home we run a kal card promotion where batley fans got in free..and the did !!!!

im not going sunday because i aint giving batley £13...hate the ground and dislike most folk there....because of their inability to watch a game of rugby other than just watching their team...servere tunnel vision...

ive lots of friends who are batley fans...and i admire them for their support.

#19 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:18 PM

I dont know how the numbnut from across the valley can complain about losing £2 if dewsbury fans turn up.
last 2 dewsbury vs batley fixtures at home we run a kal card promotion where batley fans got in free..and the did !!!!

im not going sunday because i aint giving batley £13...hate the ground and dislike most folk there....because of their inability to watch a game of rugby other than just watching their team...servere tunnel vision...

ive lots of friends who are batley fans...and i admire them for their support.

Poor affair Coolie. Batley supporters are no different from any other set of supporters, we all wear specs shaded by our own teams colours. And to say you dislike most folk there. . . . .do you know most folk there?

#20 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:43 PM

I think youve short memories

fine when your getting it for free

2 matches youve had at our ground for nowt

and your lot are moaning about giving £2
back to a club that gave your fans 2 games for
free

thats 2 derby games weve lost out.

you can think what you like..
batley fans have just been shown for what they are...selfish screw the rest cos were alright

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users