Hock - maybe not Oz bound.....

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,640 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:25 PM

Hock is registered as a Wigan player and is on loan at Widnes during his deal with Wigan.If the player changes his mind about joining the Eels then Salford will have to negotiate with Wigan.I'd have thought Wigan would be looking for a loan deal on the same basis as Widnes. In that they pay a fee for his services whilst agreeing Hock doesn't play against Wigan.A loan deal would appear to be far better for Wigan than a sale.

To be fair, the dr has money and Ian would rightly receive a transfer for hock...... Do Salford really what him??

#22 getdownmonkeyman

getdownmonkeyman
  • Coach
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:11 PM

Doesnt mean a great deal though really.. Whether Ricky Stuart thinks he has it 'under control' or not.. in this case money clearly talks, and Hock must have been offered a shed load.

I hope Hock does still go to Parra, as i would love to see him playing in the NRL.. but at the same time i love the headlines Dr. Koukash is making..

I don't see how Salford could offer remotely close to what Parra could offer.

#23 The Big Gun

The Big Gun
  • Coach
  • 439 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:52 PM

Rumours on twitter that Sonny Bill Williams is also signing next year.

Riiiight...

#24 foozler

foozler
  • Coach
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:07 AM

Rumours on twitter that Sonny Bill Williams is also signing next year.

Be interesting if it happened.

Initially thought that he would be a cap buster but was kind of surprised to see his published contract with the Roosters is $700k so roughly £450k. A big chunk for one player but I suppose it could be done with a load of youngsters on pretty small contracts.

#25 Father Ted

Father Ted
  • Coach
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:19 PM

If the Dr is looking to spend £3m-£4m on players salaries (All legal and under the SC rules of course) then SBW will be very affordable.

#26 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,566 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:22 AM

sonnys signed for Sydney Roosters n hes not the kind of bloke to dishonor a contract.

:D

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#27 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,159 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:44 AM

How long is left on Hock's current contract with Wigan?

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#28 Father Ted

Father Ted
  • Coach
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:48 AM

Not too sure, around two and a half years I think!

#29 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,159 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:50 AM

Not too sure, around two and a half years I think!

Blimey!

Anyroad, cap doffed.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#30 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,223 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:22 PM

forgive me if i;m wrong but haven't the eels agreed to pay a large transfer fee for hock?? i think they would be pretty peeved if our attention seeking friend tried to hijack the move...............more hot air from barton bridge methinks.
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#31 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:09 PM

Hock isn't what Salford need. Load of money tied up in a player sat on the sidelines due to indiscipline. Be good to see him go to the NRL. I suspect they will not tolerate his nonsense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users