Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Oldham v Gateshead

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:22 AM

Gateshead have improved this season and despite only one win they have collected two bonus points from their three defeats. From their four league games they have scored an average of 18.5 points on attack and they concede an average 27.75 points per game. My prediction will be 32 v 16 to Oldham.

A minutes silence would be fitting in honour of the solder who was murdered in London, he is from the local area and all communities have been shocked and saddened by this incident.

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#2 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 321 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:42 AM

CH in the process of getting permission from the Rfl on the minutes silence i have asked the question

#3 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:37 AM

Thank you

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#4 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:48 PM

Oldham 54 Gateshead 16.

Excellent display by Oldham today!

Gateshead have a big set of forwards and the opening 9mins saw them race into a 12 points to nil lead but the large pack was Gateshead's down fall. .The intensity of Oldham's play saw Gateshead tire in the conditions and after soaking up some early pressure Oldham took control and raced in for 9 converted try's.

A fantastic team display with some very good defensive work by the entire team. the Forwards made the hard yards. Phil Joy deserved his try.

Well Done Boys.

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#5 higgy

higgy
  • 338 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:22 AM

Oldham 54 Gateshead 16.

Excellent display by Oldham today!

Gateshead have a big set of forwards and the opening 9mins saw them race into a 12 points to nil lead but the large pack was Gateshead's down fall. .The intensity of Oldham's play saw Gateshead tire in the conditions and after soaking up some early pressure Oldham took control and raced in for 9 converted try's.

A fantastic team display with some very good defensive work by the entire team. the Forwards made the hard yards. Phil Joy deserved his try.

Well Done Boys.

Got to agree a fantastic team display and a very entertaining game, just a shame it was a poor turn out on a lovely day there can be no excuse from so called supporters about the lack of cover at the ground yesterday. The pitch looked in the best condition it has been in for a while also (well done Rob).

Got to say well done to all the supporters who did attend for the minutes silence held for Drummer Rigby it was impeccable, as always from a rugby league crowd.

Can't wait for the next game now.

Edited by higgy, 27 May 2013 - 01:06 PM.

#6 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 321 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:23 AM

Great to watch yesterday after a slow start, the introduction of ward n files off the bench was key, files is pure quality and ford looks to be settling in now hope we keep him for the season now and roll on the London game. I agree with the post above i thought pitch looked probably best ive seen it and well done rob and any other volunteers for your efforts much appreciated keep up the good work. Up the roughyeds!!

#7 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 955 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

Great game yesterday, a very poor start, and it looked for the first 20 mins that we were the team who had traveled by coach.

Have to agree with comments regards Wardy and Files, Wardy probably had the best performance ever in a forward role, and Files just improves every game. Loved the sidestep on the way to the posts 1st half. Other big contributors yesterday afternoon were Sammy Gee and Kenny Hughes.I would also love to see Ford given the opportunity to see the rest of season out with us.
Big tough game for us next week I suspect as we welcome Skolars to the Whitebank. They turned Oxford over yesterday, so I hope complacency doesn't set in with out lads now.

Roll on Sunday, and up the yeds !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GIVE US A TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#8 rugbyman1

rugbyman1
  • Coach
  • 210 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:11 PM

Very pleasing performance. 0-12 down with two tries out wide, it was a test for the lads and good to see them stick together, not panick and play their way out of trouble. Forwards were immense. Cautious optomism but a tough test on Sunday.

Agree with comments about the pitch, looked in very good nick. The stayaway fans missed a treat!

One for all and all for the one

#9 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 424 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:25 AM

Agree with most of what has already been said above. Very slow out of the blocks and conceded two tries early on but the lads stuck to their game plan and played through the bad patch. Lewis Palfrey looks like a different player and seems to be enjoying his Rugby. I thought Kenny Hughes had a massive came when he came on for Whitty and Files is real class. Props gained the hard yards and Langtree & Crowley put in some excellent work. Really encouraging and hope we can get on a roll now with another win next Sunday against Skolars. Great afternoon in the sun!

#10 Red mamma

Red mamma
  • Players
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:35 AM

Really enjoyed the game, the team seem to be getting better every game, team spirit looks very high, thought Kenny Hughes looked great , a real danger and would give him a go at number 6. Bring on the scholars.

Edited by Red mamma, 28 May 2013 - 09:53 AM.