London Pub - Magic Weekend

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 BBR

BBR
  • Coach
  • 610 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:58 AM

In London for the Froch v Kessler fight so anyone know of a pub in London where we can catch the Rugby?

#2 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,797 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:54 PM

In London for the Froch v Kessler fight so anyone know of a pub in London where we can catch the Rugby?

I would recommend the Hope on Whitfield St, W1

Watched the GF in there but havent been yet this SL season. Landlord is (assuming he is still there) called Phil and is from NZ. Just say a guy called Steve recommended the pub for watching rugby league. Will usually put the game on so long as the pub isnt rammed for football

#3 BBR

BBR
  • Coach
  • 610 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:29 PM

Cheers. Until the Champs League final should be all clear, though the other rugby might be an issue (Leicester v Northampton)

#4 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,797 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:39 PM

Cheers. Until the Champs League final should be all clear, though the other rugby might be an issue (Leicester v Northampton)

They have two sky feeds and a tv upstairs so is only an issue when it is packed for a really big soccer or RU match is on downstairs using up both feeds (one is for the tv upstairs). Landlord pragmatically wont turn one off mid match

Let me know if you get it on. our posse due an RL night there soon...

#5 BBR

BBR
  • Coach
  • 610 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:14 PM

Got 15 mins of hull game but both sky boxes showing different union games

#6 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,797 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:19 PM

Got 15 mins of hull game but both sky boxes showing different union games

Isnt it the Union playoffs today? Did you get the earlier games on?

#7 BBR

BBR
  • Coach
  • 610 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:55 PM

We got in there around 4pm. Was all antipodeans in there. They got excited when I asked the girl to change channel but only as they thought I was asking for the rabo final. Nice pint but scored zero on the rl coverage even though nobody was watching the south african ru gane

#8 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,797 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:44 PM

We got in there around 4pm. Was all antipodeans in there. They got excited when I asked the girl to change channel but only as they thought I was asking for the rabo final. Nice pint but scored zero on the rl coverage even though nobody was watching the south african ru gane

Sorry to hear about that BBR. I think Saturday was always going to be tough with the RU and soccer finals on. Did u get the game on anywhere else?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users