TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

cumbrian trips

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 sidsmudge

sidsmudge
  • Coach
  • 214 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:22 AM

Quote from Siddal programme.....our 3 consecutive games in cumbria ended last weekend and the easiest way to summerise it is 2 very dissapointing perpormances and 1 outstanding performance at Wath Brow.I think the people who do the fixtures should make sur no side has to do that again and with handsight we shouldnt have entered the conferance cup..to expect players with familys to leave at 8.30am and arrive back at 9.00pm 3 saturdays isnt fair.........In these 3 trips spanky dyson only managed to buy 1 meagre round of beers !!!

#2 impartial

impartial
  • Players
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:50 AM

have to agree, looking at rose bridges fixtures they are playing their third game on the trot away today with another four away to follow three of which are consecutive games in hull. no wonder teams struggle to raise sides when they play away seven games in a row.

#3 jaguar

jaguar
  • Players
  • 81 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:09 AM

have to agree, looking at rose bridges fixtures they are playing their third game on the trot away today with another four away to follow three of which are consecutive games in hull. no wonder teams struggle to raise sides when they play away seven games in a row.

It's no wonder we struggle for money too. Nothing coming in behind the bar, and everything going out!

Edited by jaguar, 25 May 2013 - 10:10 AM.

#4 Back In The Good Old Days

Back In The Good Old Days
  • Coach
  • 164 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:32 PM

Those who sort the fixtures out have a lot to answer for.
Surely one game away n one at home isnt too difficult to arrange. I lnow the cup competitions can put paid to this but 3 /4 games away on the bounce is just bad planning.

#5 Back In The Good Old Days

Back In The Good Old Days
  • Coach
  • 164 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:34 PM

Or is david lowe just bothered about getting those fixtures played?

#6 Barrybeagle

Barrybeagle
  • Players
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:16 PM

There seems to be reckless panic about getting fixtures in before the World Cup starts at the end of the season, first things first get the ridiculous mid week matches played either side of the challenge cup weekend played other than pulling games forward from October that's. a joke

#7 The Rat Catcher

The Rat Catcher
  • Coach
  • 113 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:01 PM

I totally agree with the fixtures scheduling needs to be more consistent as you say it's not right on amateur players leaving the house at 8.30 am and returning at 9pm of a Saturday and as you state it's a massive strain on the clubs finances all the expenditure on buses and no income from gates and bar etc but not once have I heard anybody stand up for the Cumbrian sides, maybe like they do you should put up or shut up.

#8 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:25 PM

Correct, i believe Wath Brow have travelled to Hull 3 weeks on the bounce before, one of Siddal's games was in the cup to Kells i believe so what cant the NCL do about that?

#9 XIII man

XIII man
  • Coach
  • 116 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:40 PM

Thats right the Duke. It is unfortunate that a club has had three successive journeys to West Cumbria. That is their three journeys for the season though. The Cumbrian teams have to make four of five times as many journeys every season yet you will never hear them complain or make excuses.

Edited by XIII man, 25 May 2013 - 09:41 PM.

#10 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:43 PM

you just get on with it dont you. all the cumbrian teams travel huge distances every other week, other teams have to travel to cumbria 2 maybe 3 times a season at the most.....

#11 redbeckroad

redbeckroad
  • Coach
  • 320 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:22 PM

The further away you win your points, the nicer it is to bring them home!

#12 Davo5

Davo5
  • Coach
  • 504 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:42 AM

Thought the league was called the "NATIONAL" conference league,if you don't want to travel,leave the league.Yes 3 weeks on the trot is asking a lot but Wath Brow have had to do it before and didn't moan about it ,maybe thats why wath brow/egremont/kells are all near the top of there leagues

#13 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:10 PM

i thought it was because of Mark Laing ;)

#14 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:23 PM

It cost us £900 for our trip to Kells the other week. We will have two other big payouts to Hewarth and Peterlee.
Mind you even a "Derby" game for us is over £500.
But we knew that when we joined so we can't complain.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#15 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 995 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:18 PM

It cost us £900 for our trip to Kells the other week. We will have two other big payouts to Hewarth and Peterlee.
Mind you even a "Derby" game for us is over £500.
But we knew that when we joined so we can't complain.

Who's the derby game? Woolston or Fev Lions?

#16 flatfell

flatfell
  • Coach
  • 139 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:35 PM

Can't wait for Kells to come up to the Prem then it will be 3 trips to Cumbria 😭😭😭

#17 legend killer

legend killer
  • Coach
  • 119 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:43 PM

Only 3 years to wait, with the possibility of the other two getting relegated!!!!

#18 flatfell

flatfell
  • Coach
  • 139 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:14 PM

Yes that could happen but I hope not

#19 legend killer

legend killer
  • Coach
  • 119 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:23 PM

Time will tell, be interesting to see what happens with kells as they move up the divisions, they have done well in this years cup but I certainly wouldn't be shouting from the roof tops about coming 2nd in the league they are in.

#20 flatfell

flatfell
  • Coach
  • 139 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:45 PM

Totally agree but think they will win it still not a lot to shout about

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users