Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Widnes Vikings

Answer service

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 948 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:47 AM

Yesterday, about 11 am, rang the 0151 number on the Widnes Vikings website, it rang a few times, then went to answer machine , with the following message " This is the Tesco mobile answering service "
After I had stopped laughing, I can't help wondering what sort of communications system the Vikings are using.

GIVE US A TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,708 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:54 PM

The Widnes club shop is situated in the huge new Tescos in the town. Not that surprising really.

#3 chrisl1

chrisl1
  • Coach
  • 585 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:12 PM

Yesterday, about 11 am, rang the 0151 number on the Widnes Vikings website, it rang a few times, then went to answer machine , with the following message " This is the Tesco mobile answering service "
After I had stopped laughing, I can't help wondering what sort of communications system the Vikings are using.

You must have dialled the number for the Club shop (0151 422 8383) which as Maximus Decimus says above is in a huge new Tesco and not the number for Widnes Vikings (0151 495 2500).  The number for the Club shop is on the part of the website which clearly refers to the shop.

#4 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 948 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:24 PM

rang the 8383 number, but surprised it wasn't answered.

#5 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 589 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:30 PM

Or maybe the main number was set on re direct to someone's mobile as we do at my business when it's outof hhours.

#6 Bomb Jack

Bomb Jack
  • Coach
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:37 PM

Why would an Oldham fan be phoning the Vikings shop?
Widnes - Super League's newest Club, and Cheshire's Original Glamour Club. Watch out Warrington, we're back !

#7 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 948 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:14 PM

Why would an Oldham fan be phoning the Vikings shop?

After unreserved ticket for tomorrow. Some SL Clubs were doing the Discount deal with Season Tickets from C1 clubs. Salford had sold out.

#8 Johnny Rocco

Johnny Rocco
  • Coach
  • 308 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:42 PM

We've sold all our allocation so you'd have been disappointed anyway.

#9 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 948 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:11 PM

We got one from Huddersfield Giants.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users