League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Danny Brough-Sugar and spice and all things ...........

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:55 PM

A piece in the Torygraph today by Jonathon Liew about Danny Brough,the Magic Weekend, spogs etc.

http://www.telegraph...nny-Brough.html

#2 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,211 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:46 PM

That's an amazingly long and positive piece for the Telegraph. have they had a change of heart towards RL since the one man protest some time ago.?

#3 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:06 PM

There is more coverage of the games now I think, including reports by Ian Laybourn, plus the occasional feature piece. Jonathon Liew, who can be a bit of a smart asre, has written positive pieces about RL, including the Grand Final, IIRC.

More match reports and more articles still needed though. The Torygraph has a decent sports section and covers a lot of sports, with soccer and RU getting the most space but racing, golf and cricket also getting a good bit of coverage.

Good publicity for Broughy's sweetshop also......

#4 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,211 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:52 PM

There is more coverage of the games now I think, including reports by Ian Laybourn, plus the occasional feature piece. Jonathon Liew, who can be a bit of a smart asre, has written positive pieces about RL, including the Grand Final, IIRC.

More match reports and more articles still needed though. The Torygraph has a decent sports section and covers a lot of sports, with soccer and RU getting the most space but racing, golf and cricket also getting a good bit of coverage.

Good publicity for Broughy's sweetshop also......

Thanks for the info. Good to see and yes, indeed, good publicity for the sweet shop if anyone around there reads the Telegraph

#5 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:55 PM

Thanks for the info. Good to see and yes, indeed, good publicity for the sweet shop if anyone around there reads the Telegraph

Well, I met quite a lot of aspirational Hull folk when I spent a lot of time there. Some of them could read broadsheet tha nos,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

#6 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:07 PM

Well, I met quite a lot of aspirational Hull folk when I spent a lot of time there. Some of them could read broadsheet tha nos,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Are you taking the P out of Hull people or keighley with the "tha nos" comment? Hull people would never say that in a million years. :tongue:

Edited by deluded pom?, 25 May 2013 - 06:07 PM.

rldfsignature.jpg

#7 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:24 PM

No.

#8 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:26 PM

He could do with stocking red and white Gobstoppers.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#9 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:23 PM

An article that talks about Danny Brough's business credentials but fails to mention his tendency not to pay his debts is hardly what I'd call thorough journalism. 

#10 Ex-Kirkholt

Ex-Kirkholt
  • Coach
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:14 PM

Many years ago the Telegraph (in the North) gave decent RL coverage.  I remember them printing a match report of a GB Students international game against France.  This would be 1985-ish.

Looks like it wer' organised by't Pennine League

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users