Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

New England Shirt

• Please log in to reply
299 replies to this topic

#1 donny donny

donny donny
  • Coach
  • 117 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:28 PM

Is there going to be a new one coming out in time for the World Cup?

If there is I hope they move away from the crappy St George's flag designs. I'd like something simplistic like the current England football shirt but with a grey chevron, or a stitched on white one if the shirt is made from cotton.

I've done a mock up;

engshirt.jpg

#2 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:36 PM

thats a saints kit?

#3 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,888 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:42 PM

I'd buy that. Saints is a red chevron, grey is unique as far as I know, saints don't own the chevron
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#4 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,071 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:43 PM

I think the "Gillette" would need to be darker.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#5 gnidir

gnidir
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:14 PM

I have to say, I'm a big fan of the st George's cross jerseys. Yeah it's a bit in your face, but it's ours. People recognise it as an England rugby league shirt, we've had versions of it for almost 20 years now.

Putting a chevron in a white shirt is just trying to imply a history that isn't there, no offense intended to the designer above by the way

#6 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:16 PM

I have to say, I'm a big fan of the st George's cross jerseys. Yeah it's a bit in your face, but it's ours. People recognise it as an England rugby league shirt, we've had versions of it for almost 20 years now.

Putting a chevron in a white shirt is just trying to imply a history that isn't there, no offense intended to the designer above by the way

I agree, I loved the recent England jerseys, thought they looked good and showed our flag off. The aussies and kiwis play in chevrons, we need to be different!

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#7 Henson Park Old Firm

Henson Park Old Firm
  • Coach
  • 297 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:27 AM

where did you find this design?......

#8 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,309 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:53 AM

I like the St George's Cross on the shirts. I still don't like it on the badge though. Hornetto "designed" one about 3 years ago along the lines of England's Hockey badge that I thought was great. I would put a pic on here but I can't work out how to do it so here's a link to Google Images - http://www.google.co...bih=585#imgrc=_

It's the 5th one! ;-)

Edited by Wiltshire Rhino, 26 May 2013 - 06:54 AM.

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

#9 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,124 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:22 AM

All white, red trim, flag on the badge.

I've no idea how we've managed to make every England shirt ever look quite so bad,
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#10 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,763 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:54 AM

All white, red trim, flag on the badge.

I've no idea how we've managed to make every England shirt ever look quite so bad,

we have pretty much had that design before

#11 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,662 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:28 AM

If there is I hope they move away from the crappy St George's flag designs. I'd like something simplistic like the current England football shirt but with a grey chevron, or a stitched on white one if the shirt is made from cotton.

I've done a mock up;

engshirt.jpg

thats really nice

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#12 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,124 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:10 AM

we have pretty much had that design before

That is true, I didn't mind that one so much. From memory a bit too much trim & also really cheap-looking replicas.
- Severus, July 2012

#13 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,763 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:15 AM

That is true, I didn't mind that one so much. From memory a bit too much trim & also really cheap-looking replicas.

the last world cup one was incredibly cheap. i tried one on and opted for a couple of the t-shirts instead. I think the one we are talking about was a quality shirt - the quality was a massive step up. I have the current red one and tge quality of that is excellent too.

#14 amh

amh
  • 11,085 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:16 AM

I'd prefer a red one with white on it

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#15 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,797 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:42 PM

I prefer the double hoop from the commonwealth games athletics (118 118).

I think England RU have worn a similar top for the sevens

#16 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,124 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:59 PM

I prefer the double hoop from the commonwealth games athletics (118 118).

That wouldn't be bad at all.
- Severus, July 2012

#17 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,792 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:02 PM

thats a saints kit?

How on Earth is that a Saints kit?!
Posted Image

#18 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,792 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:39 PM

I've done a mock up;

engshirt.jpg

I've suggested (and mocked up) something very similar in the past. I think out national shirt needs to have a rugby league feel about it, and the chevron gives that.

Red and white is a bit Saints (and other various designs are a bit Wigan, Leigh, Rovers-esque). I think a light grey is subtle and goes with the St George theme (knights wear grey armour).

Still despite the Sports Direct style logo though. Truly awful.
Posted Image

#19 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:53 PM

I've suggested (and mocked up) something very similar in the past. I think out national shirt needs to have a rugby league feel about it, and the chevron gives that.
Red and white is a bit Saints (and other various designs are a bit Wigan, Leigh, Rovers-esque). I think a light grey is subtle and goes with the St George theme (knights wear grey armour).
Still despite the Sports Direct style logo though. Truly awful.

The Black Knight didn't wear grey armour. I'd just like them to design a shirt and stick with the basic design ad infinitude not ###### about with it every eighteen months.

rldfsignature.jpg

#20 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,792 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:06 PM

The Black Knight didn't wear grey armour. I'd just like them to design a shirt and stick with the basic design ad infinitude not ###### about with it every eighteen months.

(Other than specifically coloured knights then!)
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users