Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

New England Shirt

• Please log in to reply
299 replies to this topic

#101 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:59 AM

Especially stone ones, it'd be a walkover for the Aussies.

It took a while but the penny did drop eventually.

rldfsignature.jpg

#102 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,124 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:04 AM

Especially stone ones, it'd be a walkover for the Aussies.

Nonsense, the cladded shirt is the future.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#103 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,124 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:05 AM

Ah, the old "my opinion is FACT (capitals for a bit more confirmation)" argument. Apologies to scottswed I wrongly assumed he was a Scot in Sweden. My humble apologies Scott.

If I didn't put fact in capitals it wouldn't be a FACT.

- Severus, July 2012

#104 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,071 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:14 AM

It took a while but the penny did drop eventually.

Good, you're on the right path.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#105 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:36 AM

No offence but he's right.  Flags on shirts = awful.  FACT.

The old Libyan flag looked OK on the national football teams shirts.

rldfsignature.jpg

#106 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,124 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:53 AM

The old Libyan flag looked OK on the national football teams shirts.

:tongue:

Their first team shirt is red these days, sadly.

- Severus, July 2012

#107 Tonka

Tonka
  • Coach
  • 693 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:05 AM

East London Mike's shirts are ace. I'd put him in charge of kit design for the World Cup.

It is a shame the badge is so noddy, but it's not ELM's fault.

#108 RLDave

RLDave
  • Coach
  • 712 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:23 AM

My attempts.. and the colourways i think would work best. With a few variations on colour for the collar. Think i prefer the first. Add white shorts with a bit of a colour pop and some detailing, and red/blue socks.. job done. And yes my job is so dull i've spent the last hour or so doing this.. englandrlshirt20131.jpg englandrlshirt20132.jpg englandrlshirt20133.jpg

I would definitely buy any of those three.
@ohcallicalli

You can't beat an owl!

#109 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:34 AM

I'd prefer a double royal blue V and royal blue shorts with white socks. And stick with the same basic design ad infinitum.

Edited by deluded pom?, 23 August 2013 - 09:35 AM.

rldfsignature.jpg

#110 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:37 AM

:tongue:

Their first team shirt is red these days, sadly.

Which is why I said the OLD Libyan flag. Note capitals for emphasis. ;)

rldfsignature.jpg

#111 Tonka

Tonka
  • Coach
  • 693 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:40 AM

Presumably there would be some variation year to year dp, so you might get your royal v one year. But I think the basic design is bob on.

#112 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:44 AM

Presumably there would be some variation year to year dp, so you might get your royal v one year. But I think the basic design is bob on.

I can understand a bit of tinkering Tonk but I just can't do with a new design every five minutes. I believe this is one of the reasons why the England brand hasn't exactly resonated with England fans. That and the naff badge.

rldfsignature.jpg

#113 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,124 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:51 AM

Which is why I said the OLD Libyan flag. Note capitals for emphasis. ;)

Yes, yes, I was agreeing with you and admiring your humour.

Cause trouble in empty house you would.

- Severus, July 2012

#114 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:55 AM

Yes, yes, I was agreeing with you and admiring your humour.

Cause trouble in empty house you would.

Well agree with me in a clearer manner next time please. :)

rldfsignature.jpg

#115 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,124 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:59 AM

Well agree with me in a clearer manner next time please. :)

No.  I have learnt my lesson.

Anyway, wouldn't the RLWC event in Trafalgar Square be a great place to launch the new England shirt.

- Severus, July 2012

#116 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:00 AM

No.  I have learnt my lesson.

Anyway, wouldn't the RLWC event in Trafalgar Square be a great place to launch the new England shirt.

On this we agree.

rldfsignature.jpg

#117 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,784 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:38 AM

I can understand a bit of tinkering Tonk but I just can't do with a new design every five minutes. I believe this is one of the reasons why the England brand hasn't exactly resonated with England fans. That and the naff badge.

The whole England rebrand has been awful, which is a shame because the reasons behind going to the home nations were good. I think it's part of the reason many stay on the "Bring back GB" boat. Not because GB is so good, but because the England brand is a bit naff!

No consistency with a shirt design and an awful embarrassing cheap tacky badge. Not the best image!
Posted Image

#118 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,724 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:45 AM

Any sign of a shirt, or are we waiting until the SportsDirect end-of-season sale to mop up the cheap stock?

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#119 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,754 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:36 AM

The whole England rebrand has been awful, which is a shame because the reasons behind going to the home nations were good. I think it's part of the reason many stay on the "Bring back GB" boat. Not because GB is so good, but because the England brand is a bit naff!

No consistency with a shirt design and an awful embarrassing cheap tacky badge. Not the best image!

I disagree, and ultimately it is all personal opinion.

I actually like the four kits that the England team have had since their relaunch. The first one (2008 WC one) was incredibly cheap though and after trying it on I put it back on the shelf. 

The next couple have been very good quality and the last one with its red alternative was very nice imho.

I'm not sure what you mean by no consistency with the shirt design - it has been white with ref detail - usually a St George Cross on it somewhere. That is pretty consistent. It is as consistent as the England RU kit for example, which is again, white with ed features on it.

It's hardly like we have gone from v's, to hoops, to stripes etc. Although I did like the hooped one-off kit!

#120 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,186 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:15 PM

When the England badge was first revealed i was a bit disappointed with it, but im now very much of the opinion that it is a strong, good looking, modern brand. And wouldn't change it at all. The only disappointing thing for me was that the Welsh, Irish and Scottish badges weren't redesigned also..

In SL and England RL, we've got two very nice recognisable brands, we shouldnt be talking about changing either. Build on what we have and make it stronger.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users