New England Shirt

• Please log in to reply
299 replies to this topic

#161 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:53 PM

I can't tell if you're being tongue in cheek or serious?

Tongue in cheek? Never, I don't joke about something like this, I'm deadly serious, of that you can be sure.

:crazypilot:     :sungum:      :nono:

#162 Henson Park Old Firm

Henson Park Old Firm
  • Coach
  • 335 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:55 PM

so far so good. Could be much worse.... I'd love to see England go back to umbro again

#163 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,036 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:20 PM

I wouldnt be oppose to a white jersey with thin SILVER (not grey) hoops.. if done nicely it could look real nice.. The England union jersey is IMO a very good example of a simple design done well, as is the England football jersey. If this is in a similar vein i'll be happy, and cant wait to see the jersey in full.

The only issue I'd have with a simple design would be how much attention it would bring to the naff badge!
Posted Image

#164 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,163 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:15 AM

Smart? You've got to be joking surely. Jersey designs nowadays are totally rubbish when compared how they used to look, yes, in the 'good old days' before designers began mucking around. Anyone who thinks that modern jerseys look 'cool' and better than maybe 40-50 years ago is either fibbing, too young to remember or more likely, completely off his/her trolley – FACT.

I challenge anyone, look at pictures of GB teams from maybe the '60s and compare their jerseys with current ones. And then admit it, there simply is NO comparison at all - is there?

Yes I am too young to remember.

Plus I don't stare out the rain sodden windows pining for yesteryear. Boo hoo, fings were better when I woz a lad.

Nor do I drink Sunny D before bedtime.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#165 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,163 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:21 AM

From that sneak peek in my mind's eye I imagine it to be a those thin hoops in bands about 3 inches wide, on/off down the shirt;

Something like... IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#166 brooza

brooza
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:12 AM

Give it a chance.. i think it looks like it could well be a nice jersey.. Few subtle pops of colour in certain places and it will be a winner. Judging by that image the hoops/stripes don't carry on above the badge.. kind of reminds me of the Saracens union away jersey from last season, which was a nice jersey, though the England image looks much more subtle.

I wouldnt be oppose to a white jersey with thin SILVER (not grey) hoops.. if done nicely it could look real nice.. The England union jersey is IMO a very good example of a simple design done well, as is the England football jersey. If this is in a similar vein i'll be happy, and cant wait to see the jersey in full.

I think I see a hint of red in the bottom right corner

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#167 jim_57

jim_57
  • Coach
  • 472 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:18 PM

I think I see a hint of red in the bottom right corner

Was just about to say that. Looks like it's diagonal to me. Maybe a Chevron below the chest?

#168 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:38 PM

could be.. theres a bit of a pink hue to the jersey, so reckon it might just be a reflection of something red.. though could be a chevron.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#169 Southerner

Southerner
  • Coach
  • 939 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:34 PM

I've been thinking, if we don't like it, could we design our own shirt (obviously without the official England RL badge, which is naff anyway) and wear it with pride? Is that even legal?

#170 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,733 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:20 PM

I've been thinking, if we don't like it, could we design our own shirt (obviously without the official England RL badge, which is naff anyway) and wear it with pride? Is that even legal?

All seems a bit ott.

#171 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,845 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:56 AM

People are definitely overthinking this.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#172 Mr Wind Up

Mr Wind Up
  • Coach
  • 186 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:02 AM

The World Cup logo will ruin any design. Needs less colour. 

#173 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:16 PM

Yes I am too young to remember.

Plus I don't stare out the rain sodden windows pining for yesteryear. Boo hoo, fings were better when I woz a lad.

Nor do I drink Sunny D before bedtime.

That means therefore - you're just plain ignorant to what the sport was like in its 'golden era' and you're frightened of a bit of rain and a chilly wind. Quite honestly, you simply don't know what you're missing ('too young to remember').

:onthequiet:

#174 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:25 PM

Love your Brian Bevan postage stamp icon. I am pleased to say that I'm old enough to have seen the great man himself play towards the end of his career, late '50s/early'60s but not a Wire fan though (Swinton).

:sungum:

#175 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,883 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:42 PM

The World Cup logo will ruin any design. Needs less colour.

In your user name is it wind as in breeze or wind as in crank.

rldfsignature.jpg

#176 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,883 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:44 PM

Love your Brian Bevan postage stamp icon. I am pleased to say that I'm old enough to have seen the great man himself play towards the end of his career, late '50s/early'60s but not a Wire fan though (Swinton).

:sungum:

I always think of Dave as an elder member of the general public purely because of his avatar. I believe he's actually in his mid thirties.

rldfsignature.jpg

#177 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,733 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:55 PM

I always think of Dave as an elder member of the general public purely because of his avatar. I believe he's actually in his mid thirties.

Correct - I never saw Bevan live at all - unfortunately we don't have a Greg Mackey stamp!  :biggrin:

#178 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,883 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:08 PM

Correct - I never saw Bevan live at all - unfortunately we don't have a Greg Mackey stamp!  :biggrin:

He'd be wearing a Hull shirt if there was one. ;)

rldfsignature.jpg

#179 Gav

Gav
  • Coach
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:48 AM

I think the RFL might want to redesign the England badge pretty damned quickly:

EDL-VD.jpg

Nottingham Outlaws RLFC

RLC Premier Champions 2008

Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

RLC Club Of The Year 2001

Outlaws Match Photos

#180 Gav

Gav
  • Coach
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:52 AM

But whilst we're on the subject of national kits, these are Scotland's efforts for the WC:

'Home'

scotland_rl_home_jersey_1_1.jpg

'Away'

scotland_rl_away_jersey.jpg

Personally I would have liked to have seen a plain navy blue jersey with a couple of white chevrons on it, but it's only for 3 or 4 games I suppose.

Nottingham Outlaws RLFC

RLC Premier Champions 2008

Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

RLC Club Of The Year 2001

Outlaws Match Photos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users