Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

STATE OF ORIGIN I - NSW vs QLD - Wed 5 Jun

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win State of Origin I ? (15 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win State of Origin I ?

1. New South Wales (6 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

2. Queensland (9 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#161 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,866 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:21 AM

Lions tour just a side show to State Of Origin from the Telegraph.

http://www.telegraph...gby-league.html

Rugby Union gets good crowds through their Corporate connections.

The reality is their Junior development at local Schools and Clubs is withering on the Vine.
They are in big trouble now and they will be in a lot more trouble in the next few years as their system collapses.
They are a spent force in Australia, I used to keep an eye on their code as many Aussies did as both codes had plenty of dual followers to a certain extent, that appears to be nearly non existent now where very few league fans care two hoots about Union in any form.

Edited by AndyCapp, 07 June 2013 - 09:43 AM.

#162 joe elliot

joe elliot
  • Coach
  • 485 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:22 AM

State of origin only became what it is today through the players showing it meant something to them. When a bloke is willing to punch his team mate then that shows the passion.

The facts show that a bit of biff brings the fans in, state of origin is the only game that actually allows it and it's the most successful event in our sport.
Super league is wondering why crowds are dropping etc, the answer is here on this board, they listen to people who have never played the game and who probably believe that politically correctness has worked. We should ignore these people that say fights turn people away, as rugby league is for the masses not the left wing loud minority
waddell

#163 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,586 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:14 PM

5 posts deleted.  Please keep your little spats off the forum.  If you dislike each other that much then the ignore feature is easy to use, click on the down arrow next to your name at the top right of the forum, then click on "manage ignore prefs"

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users