Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Whitehaven V Barrow

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:49 PM

I think a bonus point at the least is a must next week! No excuses anymore, need to start picking up points otherwise we will leave it to late

#42 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:38 PM

Sacking Holt is not the answer.
He has to work with the tools he has.
Going forward we are as good as anyone in this division. We cannot defend and there in lies the problem, too many of our payers simply can't tackle.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#43 fozzy3

fozzy3
  • Coach
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:02 AM

do u mean the same set of players that defended so well  against lezignan in the challenge cup last year something needs to change didnt get to the game but hear that haggerty played stand off which is confusing how are you supposed to get any cohesion when players are being played out of position you cant keep moving players round and hope that things click straightaway.back to basics for me mcgillviary to full back and cammy in the pivots.

Going forward we are as good as anyone in this division. We cannot defend and there in lies the problem, too many of our payers simply can't tackle.

#44 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:59 AM

There the players he asked for...

#45 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:01 AM

do u mean the same set of players that defended so well against lezignan in the challenge cup last year something needs to change didnt get to the game but hear that haggerty played stand off which is confusing how are you supposed to get any cohesion when players are being played out of position you cant keep moving players round and hope that things click straightaway.back to basics for me mcgillviary to full back and cammy in the pivots.

Heard holty say on the radio the starting 17 that pulled a shirt on we're the only 17 players fit, I'm assuming that's why Marwood was on the bench

#46 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 581 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 04:55 PM

Its not over yet for you boys you battled hard for your bonus point yesterday if rooney had is kicking boots on would have been a bigger margin but you never give up 

#47 mjc

mjc
  • Coach
  • 302 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:59 PM

Its not over yet for you boys you battled hard for your bonus point yesterday if rooney had is kicking boots on would have been a bigger margin but you never give up

doesn't really matter if we battled hard or not Donald ! battling hard and only getting a BP or not in some cases sadly will make a difference to gates as people will in my opinion stay away ( I not one of them )

#48 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:25 PM

Was marwood injured? NWEM names him on the bench but not played?

#49 Gus Tyson

Gus Tyson
  • Coach
  • 125 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:16 AM

Heard holty say on the radio the starting 17 that pulled a shirt on we're the only 17 players fit, I'm assuming that's why Marwood was on the bench

even so, what sort of a message does it send to marwood when he is named in 17 but doesnt get on.

why is he even in the squad if he is going to be an unused sub, crazy.

we would have been better signing james gordon or talking Ostler out of retirement

#50 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:42 AM

Funny you mention Ostler I didnt think we would miss him but boy havnt we just !!

Gordon was easily good enough to command a place in the 17 IMHO

Lee

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#51 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:03 PM

does anybody know if there's highlights to this game?

#52 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:30 PM

there might be a vid somewhere but highlights is a description I wouldn't use !

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes