Big body blow for us

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#21 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:35 PM

The crowd today was 585 and I'm afraid even though we have been winning matches that figure represents how we are playing.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#22 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,855 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:37 PM

Nous , creativity and speed . Worst performance of the year the first time they shift Lupton from 6 .. Why do that he's been great there ? Moving him took him out of the game . Wrong move that , the two there couldn't control things or bring others into the game like he can . They spent loadsa time running round in circles . Callum is an individual talent he needs Lupton next door .No coincidence that shift and the result . Look at Cooke at 6 and Fawcett at 7 .. String puller and runner. ????

Edited by DavidM, 26 May 2013 - 04:40 PM.

#23 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:41 PM

Couldn't believe Cookes' tries . The ice age came and went faster than he moves and twice he strolled over . The first one he catches the ball at head height with Walne grabbing him , next thing 5 guys are on the deck and he's under the sticks with a cigar in .

It was Dowes that raced out of the line and missed the tackle on Cooke. There props were much better than ours and that's where the game was won and lost today

Town fan 10 on what basis should we not bother with Lawton again?

One thing that I found strange was the decision to bring both stack and Matty off with five mins left and the game still in the balance and Olstrum on the bench??????
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#24 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,855 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

Lawtons a beast id snap yer hand off for him

Edited by DavidM, 26 May 2013 - 04:46 PM.

#25 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:52 PM

we need a kicking coach. see if any of the cumbrian rugby union clubs can lead us one.

#26 town blue

town blue
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:53 PM

Points differece currently in our favour but we have all the top teams away apart from leigh. can't see anything but a dog fight until end of season.

#27 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 553 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:02 PM

Some haven fans where cheering when the final score come through i tried to educate them that was the worst result for us !!!!

#28 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,855 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:03 PM

Can't blame them really . Dogfight is the right word . Frightening fixtures ahead so you gotta o the biz in these games . Can we pull it back Thursday ? Lupton 6 , Olstrum 13 axis back for a start .

Edited by DavidM, 26 May 2013 - 05:04 PM.

#29 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,865 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:03 PM

Can't see us doing much at Keighley on Thursday especially as I think we have a few players unavailable for various reasons.

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#30 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,471 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:04 PM

Lawtons a beast id snap yer hand off for him

hes the size of a beast, he certainly dosent play like one. no aggression and dosent make many yards.hope bretts back soon
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#31 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,855 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:05 PM

Very harsh

#32 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,471 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:13 PM

Very harsh

just my opinion, for the size of him he should be steam rolling defenses but once he hits the tackle he very rarely drives through like the likes of olstrum and stack do.

#33 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:14 PM

hes the size of a beast, he certainly dosent play like one. no aggression and dosent make many yards.hope bretts back soon

We got outmuscled up the middle couldn't handle Waller or Castle probably the sort of game that we needed acton and Brett especially as Lupton was in the pack but didn't play like a forward so we were light up front to single Lawton out is unfair

#34 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,471 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:19 PM

We got outmuscled up the middle couldn't handle Waller or Castle probably the sort of game that we needed acton and Brett especially as Lupton was in the pack but didn't play like a forward so we were light up front to single Lawton out is unfair

i didnt single him out, i just replied that in my opinion he isnt a beast. being big dosent make you a beast on the rugby field.

#35 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:27 PM

i didnt single him out, i just replied that in my opinion he isnt a beast. being big dosent make you a beast on the rugby field.

True! lack of aggressions a problem we have as a team it gave them the impetus to win today

#36 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 812 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:27 PM

I have to say you are right Wonky on todays showing give me James Robinson any time,as i have said before when we get these DR lads they lack game time

#37 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:30 PM

town are at their best when they stick to the basics. complete, good kick chase then tackle hard. didn't happen today. stick to basics fellas

#38 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,855 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:35 PM

That's right wonky toughness comes in all shapes n sizes out there . I was talking physically . He's just young and in my opinion there's plenty of raw material to work with there . If it's done here ill be happy , he'll develop well and will have plenty of good games ahead . I certainly wouldn't say he's soft by any means . Not many shone today so lets not jump on the kids back , bad day at the office all round and we need to bounce back Thursday to right this wrong

Edited by DavidM, 26 May 2013 - 05:42 PM.

#39 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,471 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:48 PM

looks like were going to be down to bare numbers again on thursday, im pretty sure coward and mossop are in ibiza so they wont be playing, hulmes not going to be an option so i hope widnes have one or two spare this week.

#40 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:49 PM

Charlo was saying that some players were not available this Thursday due to previous appointments!!!    The fixture was in the list from the start of the season, is that not a previous appointment?

The last thing we need after today is another "no show" on television.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users