Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Big body blow for us

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#41 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:55 PM

We do tend to suffer from televisionitis !!! Please give us something to watch this time and not a no show again where we're never in it !!
Get well soon Jamie Acton please.

#42 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

looks like were going to be down to bare numbers again on thursday, im pretty sure coward and mossop are in ibiza so they wont be playing, hulmes not going to be an option so i hope widnes have one or two spare this week.

ibiza in the middle of the season? a very important season??????????

#43 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

So that's potentially 4 centres down . Shaun Briscoe must be a no brainer now . Great for the club to have him seen in a town shirt on TV.

Edited by DavidM, 26 May 2013 - 06:14 PM.

#44 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:20 PM

I have to say you are right Wonky on todays showing give me James Robinson any time,as i have said before when we get these DR lads they lack game time

Lawtons played the last several games for Widnes he isnt lacking game time!!

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#45 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 852 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:28 PM

We need a win thurs it's massive

#46 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 816 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:22 PM

Adam Lawson as been on the bench five times for Widnes, in fact SHAUN BRISCOE as started more games,Just makes you wonder what it is that Betts wont pick him????

#47 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:55 PM

Adam Lawson as been on the bench five times for Widnes, in fact SHAUN BRISCOE as started more games,Just makes you wonder what it is that Betts wont pick him????

Lawton has played more games than Briscoe starting games is irrelevant the lads had two injury ravaged years and is young id imagine his superleague appearances are a bonus to him this season considering he was originally ear marked to come as a season long loan the fact he also has a new Widnes contract would indicate Betts rates the lad highly
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#48 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:00 PM

To be quite honest I am glad to get the services of some of these Widnes lads.    If we don't get some this week we could be struggling to be putting a team out with injuries and players going on holiday, etc.   I'm not saying they shouldn't go on holiday if they choose but they can't really have any grumbles if we play Widnes players in their places either.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#49 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:10 PM

To be quite honest I am glad to get the services of some of these Widnes lads. If we don't get some this week we could be struggling to be putting a team out with injuries and players going on holiday, etc. I'm not saying they shouldn't go on holiday if they choose but they can't really have any grumbles if we play Widnes players in their places either.

sorry keith i have to disagree on the holiday thing.

#50 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:15 PM

Can't expect to walk back in if someone performs

#51 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:16 PM

sorry keith i have to disagree on the holiday thing.

What do you disagree with?       These lads are part-time professionals who go to work and there are some jobs where they are on shift rotas and can only take holidays at certain times.    At the end of the day the choice is theirs and I wouldn't argue with that but if we get someone else to play and they do well then there can be no grumbles.

Edited by Keith T, 26 May 2013 - 08:21 PM.

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#52 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:19 PM

What do you disagree with?

semi pros who get paid going on holiday mid season in such an important season.

#53 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:31 PM

semi pros who get paid going on holiday mid season in such an important season.

I was editing my post at the time you were replying town4me so my thoughts are in the post above.

#54 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:38 PM

I was editing my post at the time you were replying town4me so my thoughts are in the post above.

as i say i disagree with it
yeah they work but they also sign semi pro RL deals to and get pay on top. i ,as a fan, booked my holidays around the season. wonder if Gus risman booked holidays mid season.

#55 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:42 PM

It's an individual choice.    Some can't take them other than in school holidays for instance.    There has got to be some leeway but if they make the choice to go on holiday during the season then they can't expect to just walk back in to the team when they come back if someone else has been performing well in their place.

#56 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,910 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:43 PM

I think a few of the lads are going on a stag do for one of their mates which has been arranged for quite a long time, I don't think it's a case of just deciding to have a holiday mid-season.

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#57 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:49 PM

I think a few of the lads are going on a stag do for one of their mates which has been arranged for quite a long time, I don't think it's a case of just deciding to have a holiday mid-season.

fair point but if we go down by the odd point we can an all enjoy their holiday snaps as compensation

#58 Town Army

Town Army
  • Coach
  • 255 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:01 PM

PRIOR ENGAGEMENT - An engagement that was arranged prior to anything else . . Simples! Moving on.

#59 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:07 PM

PRIOR ENGAGEMENT - An engagement that was arranged prior to anything else . . Simples! Moving on.

yeah but it goes against giving priority to locals over DR.

#60 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:13 PM

i actually think its something that kris and mossop have had planned for a good while and its a wedding that there at. the lads are part time and deserve a break just like we all do in our jobs. if we havent got players to cover then that isnt there problem in my opinion. and there 2 players who no one can ever question that they do everything for town.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users