Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Whats gone wrong

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:47 PM

What happend today we should be beaten teams around us at home like

#2 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:58 PM

just didn't play well. intensity was poor defence was poor and a non existent kicking game.

#3 town blue

town blue
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:33 PM

Do we need some different coaching ideas and a change of direction - i.e. Appoint someone with chanpionship experience like steve mccormack? not necessarily a replacement but an enhancement in short term?

#4 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:38 PM

Do we need some different coaching ideas and a change of direction - i.e. Appoint someone with chanpionship experience like steve mccormack? not necessarily a replacement but an enhancement in short term?

no
the coaches are doing allright. we need a kicking coach and someone to be a bit clever on the pitch and lead a bit more like cooke did today

#5 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:43 PM

I hope we're in the championship come the seasons end , then I think it's time to look at someone who can take us on to the next level. Just my opinion , everything has a shelf life . We need some fresh ideas .

Edited by DavidM, 26 May 2013 - 07:45 PM.

#6 town blue

town blue
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:51 PM

I am not calling for replacement of current coaches who have done an excellent job - but someone to help out short term with a talented bunch of players - the best we have had in years.

#7 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:53 PM

I hope we're in the championship come the seasons end , then I think it's time to look at someone who can take us on to the next level. Just my opinion , everything has a shelf life .

no need to panic over one loss that should have been a win. if we had played well and lost it would have been bad but we sort of didn't deserve to win today. its over we move on. not stopping in this league is unthinkable. we will improve we are better than that. town blue and town fan 10 i suspect you are the latest haven fans on here under cover

Edited by town4me, 26 May 2013 - 07:54 PM.

#8 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:55 PM

Understood , but no one has to be sacked really .Just bringing a fresh brain in as head coach whos done it at this level to give new ideas and fresh impetus ? Just an idea as things seem to be a bit stale in what's said and what happens week in week out . If this new structure comes in its gonna be very competitive next year .

Edited by DavidM, 26 May 2013 - 08:01 PM.

#9 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:03 PM

Understood , but no one needs to be sacked . Just bringing a fresh brain in to oversee the coaches and work with them as head coach to give new ideas and fresh impetus ? Just an idea as things seem to be a bit stale in what's said and what happens week in week out

i know what you mean but that would show a lack of confidence in the current coaches. when we play well and are up for it we are fine we just need to be a bit more clever and adopt a better kicking game

#10 town blue

town blue
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:05 PM

Town 4 me - brought up a stones throw from dp and bp and followed town and reds for 50 years. just giving an opinion.

#11 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:06 PM

Town 4 me - brought up a stones throw from dp and bp and followed town and reds for 50 years. just giving an opinion.

ok.

Edited by town4me, 26 May 2013 - 08:07 PM.

#12 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,545 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:12 PM

ive spoke to quite a lot of fans and theres a heck of a lot who think this will be charlo and oggys last season regardless but they have done a great job with us, look where we were when they took over, rotting at the bottom of championship 1. ive got to admit if someone like cresta threw his hat into the ring then it should be considered. game planning is massive when your not the top gifted team in the league and barging down the middle isnt good enough anymore.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#13 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:14 PM

Someone like who ?

#14 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:17 PM

ive spoke to quite a lot of fans and theres a heck of a lot who think this will be charlo and oggys last season regardless but they have done a great job with us, look where we were when they took over, rotting at the bottom of championship 1. ive got to admit if someone like cresta threw his hat into the ring then it should be considered. game planning is massive when your not the top gifted team in the league and barging down the middle isnt good enough anymore.

this isn't the time for this conversation. i bet BKM is copy and pasting this.

#15 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,545 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:30 PM

this isn't the time for this conversation. i bet BKM is copy and pasting this.

in no way am i saying they should leave the club at all, but if we could bring in a experienced attacking coach to help out, maybe even on a part time basis then that would be fantastic. both our coaches bring so much to our side but we have always struggled in getting the ball wide and quickly and getting our backs into the game. maybe even if betts could give them so pointers then that could help out.

#16 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,545 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:33 PM

Someone like who ?

crarey sorry. i remember him helping out with a session once and its possibly something we could look into for maybe a couple of sessions a month. just fresh ideas to help out charlo and oggy.

#17 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:37 PM

Yes . Great listen on the radio . Definitely good shout . He has a good amateurs job but if you don't ask ... I think it is a valid discussion , as most things are if reasoned and well thought out .A Crarey or a McCormack or someone with good connections and a pedigree of achievement at this level and good plans would be my head coach next year to oversee us . Next year could be cutthroat if the new structures come about

Edited by DavidM, 26 May 2013 - 08:47 PM.

#18 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,545 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:41 PM

Yes . Great listen on the radio . Definitely good shout . He has a good amateurs job but if you don't ask ... I think it is a valid discussion , as most things are if reasoned and well thought out .

exactly, i for one dont want charlo and oggy to leave but getting someone to help is never a bad idea and im sure they have a good relationship with paul working with him for cumbria and a lot of the players will know him.

#19 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:59 PM

We can only judge the coaches at the end of the season but there is improvements in lots of our players and maybe some fresh impetus to add to the existing coaching staff would help achieve that
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#20 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:18 PM

The coaches have a little say in it but if u players are not on form what can you do not very much to be fair to them they have been very very good coaches

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users