Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Dewsbury - The visit of our nearest and dearest

The games biggest Derby.

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:07 PM

We have all been rather subdued on the forum for a while now. I reckon it's about time we got excited about this weekend. Both teams coming off victories this last week, so should be a decent game. Post your news of teams, rumours and injuries below, and hopefully Piggy's Mate and Coolie will post their profound thoughts on the match!

For what its worth I think we should win but can't say I am overly confident as it's a local derby and our noisy neighbours will be up for it I am sure.

#2 ernieone

ernieone
  • Coach
  • 2,452 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:46 PM

Nowt special, just another game

"Batley Bulldogs, Championship Club of the Year 2011"

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

#3 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,565 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:58 PM

Major factor is....

which dewsbury team turns up...
the top performers against halifax

or

the charlie caroli clowns of the tower circus
sunday we had the clowns..who who put an insomniac to the land of nod.
so we could have the world beaters...
and as the halifax game im not going to attend just to see if its a "coolie hoodoo" that we perform better when im absent.
think the dogs will be too good for us in their own doggie pen....
would be happy with a bonus point.
tips for sunday batley go down the slope first have..we turn around at halftime full of promise thinking job is done...but fall seriously flat second half 34- 14....if were lucky

attendance a pathetic 1024..if batley are lucky.

#4 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:59 PM

I disagree, if it was just another game why will it draw a bigger crowd than Swinton, Keighley etc? But my point is, regardless of \dewsbury, we rarely discuss the matches on here anymore. We are as successful as we have been for the last 20 years just about and yet this does not generate any excitement.

So anyway, as I said, I think we will win, but not by a great amount with a crowd that is lower than the term deserve, and us moving into the top three, to stay there for the rest of the season!

#5 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 381 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:15 PM

Major factor is....
which dewsbury team turns up...
the top performers against halifax
or
the charlie caroli clowns of the tower circus
sunday we had the clowns..who who put an insomniac to the land of nod.
so we could have the world beaters...
and as the halifax game im not going to attend just to see if its a "coolie hoodoo" that we perform better when im absent.
think the dogs will be too good for us in their own doggie pen....
would be happy with a bonus point.
tips for sunday batley go down the slope first have..we turn around at halftime full of promise thinking job is done...but fall seriously flat second half 34- 14....if were lucky
attendance a pathetic 1024..if batley are lucky.

Coolie makes a very good point, however more optimism please...
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#6 Paladin

Paladin
  • Players
  • 95 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:25 PM

From what I've seen, this could be the slippy banana. Dewsbury proved against Fax that they can play when they want to, whilst we have shown than we also can play but only in spurts. Lets start getting the ball across the full line and give our undoubted threequarters the space they can make other teams suffer.

Add a few o our usual little defensive blunders and the Rams will no doubt take advantage. They are no mugs but neither are we. As long as we turn up believing in our ability.

Looks like a good game to me with (hopefully) the dogs by 12.

Have gun....will travel....Wire Paladin

#7 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,077 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:37 AM

I disagree, if it was just another game why will it draw a bigger crowd than Swinton, Keighley etc? But my point is, regardless of \dewsbury, we rarely discuss the matches on here anymore. We are as successful as we have been for the last 20 years just about and yet this does not generate any excitement.

So anyway, as I said, I think we will win, but not by a great amount with a crowd that is lower than the term deserve, and us moving into the top three, to stay there for the rest of the season!

Mount Pleasant ennui maybe?

My heart says a Rams valiant win but my head says a stroll for the Dogs with a disappointingly poor attendance.

:giveheart:

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#8 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:56 AM

I can't be bothered with ennui!

Anyway, or should that be ennuway, I am being positive about this weekend. Lovely day, big crowd and a titanic struggle between two close neighbours!

On the Batley front, does anyone have any team news? Or would someone like to hazard a guess at the two likely teams?

Mount Pleasant ennui maybe?

My heart says a Rams valiant win but my head says a stroll for the Dogs with a disappointingly poor attendance.

:giveheart:

#9 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,565 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:02 PM

At a guess the 2 likely teams will be

batley & dewsbury

serves me right for coping out of piggys book ;)

seriously now i hope batley has loads of injuries and dewsbury has players in...who have been injured (LOUD COUGH whisper out of favour) back in the ranks to at least make it a close game ;)

Edited by coolie, 28 May 2013 - 01:06 PM.

#10 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:44 PM

I'd like to think after the last few performances we are due to start playing something like we are capable of at some point in the near future.

Sunday would be a good time to turn it round.

Batley to edge a dour game between two sides who can both play much better.

I wont guess the attendance but Batley to lose their Rams turnstile gamble with not many Dewsbury fans turning up as per the norm.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#11 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,565 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:54 PM

Dont know how batley fans have the cheek to moan..
for our home game we ran a kirklees KAL card offer which entitled batley fans to free entry

AND MOANING ABOUT 2 QUID BEEN LOST!!!

tight cheeky b@#%@#%'s

self self self with batley aint it

at least your going to get some money out of it

weve run that promotion on the last 2 home games.

so stop bi@ching like little school girls about money lost !!!!

b'jesus batley fans only a mother could love !!!!

#12 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 610 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:43 PM

I always goto the dewsbury away game and I've never got in for free and would never expect to.

#13 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,046 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

for our home game we ran a kirklees KAL card offer which entitled batley fans to free entry

tight cheeky b@#%@#%'s

I think Coolie has a point and I for one will go through the Rams turnstile as it is obvious they need Batley's charity and as most Dewsbury fans are tagged and are not allowed to pass the town boundry it is not surprising they do not travel unlike our own true supporters. As further dedication to the sad plight of our brothers and sisters from the poor side of the valley I will be taking buckets to our next away fixture at Swinton for their noble cause to build a mediocre team and perhaps any surplus could be used to expand their small inferior ground to bring it upto a similar standard to that enjoyed by the likes of Keighley and Shawcross Sharks. I for one will do all I can to slow the continued demise of this once decent club in the hope that one day they may give us a game. If you too feel the pain of the Rams please make cheques and postal orders out to the.........

Boo Hoo Hoo club, C/o Coolie the Clown, chief treasurer and glass collector, Shambles stadium, Loosebury :onthequiet:

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#14 colinb

colinb
  • Coach
  • 910 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:54 PM

I think Coolie has a point and I for one will go through the Rams turnstile as it is obvious they need Batley's charity and as most Dewsbury fans are tagged and are not allowed to pass the town boundry it is not surprising they do not travel unlike our own true supporters. As further dedication to the sad plight of our brothers and sisters from the poor side of the valley I will be taking buckets to our next away fixture at Swinton for their noble cause to build a mediocre team and perhaps any surplus could be used to expand their small inferior ground to bring it upto a similar standard to that enjoyed by the likes of Keighley and Shawcross Sharks. I for one will do all I can to slow the continued demise of this once decent club in the hope that one day they may give us a game. If you too feel the pain of the Rams please make cheques and postal orders out to the.........

Nice one Piggy's. Can you check your pm's please. Colinb.

Boo Hoo Hoo club, C/o Coolie the Clown, chief treasurer and glass collector, Shambles stadium, Loosebury :onthequiet:

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

#15 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:14 PM

tight cheeky b@#%@#%'s

signs of the boardroom grasping at straws.Anyway if previous posts are correct.The dogs will all be using our gates soon.

#16 RPH

RPH
  • Coach
  • 608 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:08 PM

signs of the boardroom grasping at straws.Anyway if previous posts are correct.The dogs will all be using our gates soon.

please enlighten us energizer...are you selling your gates ?..

#17 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,891 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:27 PM

Back to the game ... Bulldogs switch on and hump the Rams 38-10.

#18 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:25 PM

So, were people so downhearted about the poor standard of play that they can't be bothered posting?

#19 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,891 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:29 PM

I thought we controlled the game pretty well apart from a 15 minute spell in the second half. Seemed like we almost planned to blitz them in the last 20 minutes when we seemed to have a strange setup with virtually all our playmakers on the park at the same time. Defences were well on top throughout.

Oh, and Merrick was awful.

#20 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 498 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:34 PM

Hurray for the Batley wingers for giving us something to shout about, and Moore for his second half performance. A bit tame, though, for a local derby.

Edited by Bi11, 02 June 2013 - 06:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users