• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Rab C

Rab C
  • Coach
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:53 PM

A clasic derby it was not.

The inability to create scoring opportunities when camped in the opposition 10m and opting to scoot at every other play of the ball is becoming very frustrating to watch.

Special mention to the 12 Dewsbury fans that turned up. A dire crowd for a local derby on a great day weather wise!

#22 gittinsfan

gittinsfan
  • Players
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:18 PM

What was the official attendance please?

Years ago,we wouldn't have missed a local derby for a pension.

I really cannot understand today's apathy.

#23 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,286 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:24 AM

A clasic derby it was not.

The inability to create scoring opportunities when camped in the opposition 10m and opting to scoot at every other play of the ball is becoming very frustrating to watch.

Special mention to the 12 Dewsbury fans that turned up. A dire crowd for a local derby on a great day weather wise!

Yep. Good job the Batley fans turned up in their usual hordes.

Blinkers off Rab - it was a very poor attendance all round and you can't keep blaming away fans for that.

It was also a poor game in my opinion. Batley had so much possession in the first half, much of it gifted by the staggering incompetence of the rams, that I was amazed you could only score 6 points. Your three tactics seemed to be: turn it inside for a big lad to run on to; attempt to fool the defence by darting from dummy half; kick it to the wingers. Pretty uninspiring for a top five side with aspiration I thought. The Rams side tackled well, mostly, but were hopeless with the ball and contrived to give it away so many times it was pathetic.

Poor fare in general and unlikely to attract new followers to either side.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#24 Rab C

Rab C
  • Coach
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:25 AM

Yep. Good job the Batley fans turned up in their usual hordes.

Blinkers off Rab - it was a very poor attendance all round and you can't keep blaming away fans for that.

It was also a poor game in my opinion. Batley had so much possession in the first half, much of it gifted by the staggering incompetence of the rams, that I was amazed you could only score 6 points. Your three tactics seemed to be: turn it inside for a big lad to run on to; attempt to fool the defence by darting from dummy half; kick it to the wingers. Pretty uninspiring for a top five side with aspiration I thought. The Rams side tackled well, mostly, but were hopeless with the ball and contrived to give it away so many times it was pathetic.

Poor fare in general and unlikely to attract new followers to either side.

Fair comments there BSJ. I concur it was a very poor attendance and I do find it disappointing that fans of the local rivals couldn’t make the short trip in their numbers on a glorious day.

But as said over again in different threads. the club(s) need to be more visible around the town/schools.

Perfect opportunity yesterday to have all the local amateur junior rugby teams playing at half time. Where all kids taking part with their respective clubs get a free ticket, ensuring the adults paid in and buy cheesy chips and pop all afternoon.

On the other hand great to read in this week’s BN the club have used the initiative to tie up with Batley Baths. Hopefully both the club/players and gym members can gain from this in the future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users