TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Remaining fixtures

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:42 PM

These are the remaining games 

Sheffield, Home               L
Dewsbury, Away              BP
Featherstone, Home        L
York City, Away                BP
Leigh, Home                    BP
Hunslet, Home                 W
Doncaster, Away             BP
Halifax, Home                   L
Batley, Away                    L
Workington, Home           W
Swinton, Away                 W
Keighley, Home                W

that is how i see the rest of the seasons results 16 points, will that be enough to stay up? Hope so.

Edited by shun, 27 May 2013 - 09:12 PM.

#2 RAIDERSRUS

RAIDERSRUS
  • Coach
  • 449 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:22 PM

That adds up to 13 points. Not sure if it will be enough.

#3 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:32 PM

That adds up to 13 points. Not sure if it will be enough.

13? really........

#4 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:05 PM

im lost now. This is off wikipedia

• Win – Three points
  • Draw – Two points
  • Loss by 12 points or fewer – One point

If this is the case surely thats 16 points

FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#5 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:12 PM

same here i thought it was 2 for  a win for some reason? hahaha u are right livo 16 points

NCL head was on.

Edited by shun, 27 May 2013 - 09:15 PM.

#6 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,271 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:13 PM

It's 16 points. I think we need what you said except a win against either York, Dewsbury, Doncaster or Leigh. 18 points = 33 points overall.

Whitehaven had 18 points after 13 games (half way point) and they were seventh. 18 points from 12 games should see us stay up I reckon.

Achieving that though is a completely different story.

#7 RAIDERSRUS

RAIDERSRUS
  • Coach
  • 449 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:44 PM

Apologies, didn't notice the Hunslet win! 16 points it is!

#8 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:39 PM

to get those points in the list we will have to vastly improve on the last few performances IMHO

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#9 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:15 AM

A

Edited by raiders96, 28 May 2013 - 12:21 AM.

#10 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:20 AM

Left is what we should get! Right is what we will probably get
Sheffield, Home W L
Dewsbury, Away BP BP
Featherstone, Home BP L
York City, Away W W
Leigh, Home BP L
Hunslet, Home W BP/W
Doncaster, Away W BP
Halifax, Home BP L
Batley, Away L L
Workington, Home W BP
Swinton, Away W W
Keighley, Home W W

#11 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:39 PM

Left is what we should get! Right is what we will probably get
Sheffield, Home W L
Dewsbury, Away BP BP
Featherstone, Home BP L
York City, Away W W
Leigh, Home BP L
Hunslet, Home W BP/W
Doncaster, Away W BP
Halifax, Home BP L
Batley, Away L L
Workington, Home W BP
Swinton, Away W W
Keighley, Home W W

Ooh How rude... "Should get" a win away at swinton & York ? "Probably get" win away at swinton & York ? On what basis is that...from what I can see you have yet to win away. How assuming, it could even be classified as arrogance. Feel free to keep on underestimating teams at your peril.

Would be much simpler to assume you can win your home games and get BPs away to the bottom 9 and BPs at home to the top 5. That will also get you your cherished 18 points. Will it be enough.... Time will tell.

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#12 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:05 AM

Ooh How rude... "Should get" a win away at swinton & York ? "Probably get" win away at swinton & York ? On what basis is that...from what I can see you have yet to win away. How assuming, it could even be classified as arrogance. Feel free to keep on underestimating teams at your peril.

Would be much simpler to assume you can win your home games and get BPs away to the bottom 9 and BPs at home to the top 5. That will also get you your cherished 18 points. Will it be enough.... Time will tell.

I'm guessing your a York or Swinton fan!

#13 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:34 AM

I'm guessing your a York or Swinton fan!

clue is in the name Raiders96

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#14 Raider94

Raider94
  • Coach
  • 308 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:31 AM

Littlelionman has got a point, we cant say how well we will do against swinton, who knows how many Warrington 1st teamers they will throw in their team that week. Ah well, at least their playing at their own ground.......

Tom Heighton

#15 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:15 AM

Littlelionman has got a point, we cant say how well we will do against swinton, who knows how many Warrington 1st teamers they will throw in their team that week. Ah well, at least their playing at their own ground.......

=)

#16 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:19 PM

i think DR will get used more as the season goes on as dropping out of this league is unthinkable looking at some of the teams competing in C1 who you would be up against and clubs will do what is required to ensure they stay up. again i'll say i can't understand why the raiders never went DR just to help establish you in this league

#17 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,579 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:17 PM

But has it not been said that in 2015 everything will change again and CH1 and bottom half of CH will be in the same league anyway. If this is so after next season it doesn't really matter. RFL say it hasn't been decided yet but I reckon it's a 'fait accompli'

Posted Image

#18 Raider94

Raider94
  • Coach
  • 308 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:01 PM

i think DR will get used more as the season goes on as dropping out of this league is unthinkable looking at some of the teams competing in C1 who you would be up against and clubs will do what is required to ensure they stay up. again i'll say i can't understand why the raiders never went DR just to help establish you in this league

To be fair the argument about DR will go on for as long as it is around, i agree with DR, the way it was described when it was first brought in, to help the young future super league players get competitive game time, not for players like lee briers and adrian morley when their a bit unfit. If it wasnt for dual reg i doubt barrow would have ever signed Brad Brennan who i think has been one of our better players since signing him. 

I also heard that we had spoken to Wigan about a possible link-up, and we were told that they would send us 3 players every week, to play, then the following week go back and train with wigan, that doesnt help anybody in the long run. i'd rather see the same team every week, okay were struggling now, but look at the likes of featherstone, shefiield, batley. Teams take time to build!

Back on topic, i think we will just about do enough to stay up this year, the home games will be the difference, we need to make Craven Park the fortress it was a couple of years ago!

Tom Heighton

#19 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:00 PM

To be fair the argument about DR will go on for as long as it is around, i agree with DR, the way it was described when it was first brought in, to help the young future super league players get competitive game time, not for players like lee briers and adrian morley when their a bit unfit. If it wasnt for dual reg i doubt barrow would have ever signed Brad Brennan who i think has been one of our better players since signing him.

I also heard that we had spoken to Wigan about a possible link-up, and we were told that they would send us 3 players every week, to play, then the following week go back and train with wigan, that doesnt help anybody in the long run. i'd rather see the same team every week, okay were struggling now, but look at the likes of featherstone, shefiield, batley. Teams take time to build!

Back on topic, i think we will just about do enough to stay up this year, the home games will be the difference, we need to make Craven Park the fortress it was a couple of years ago!

fair point. i hope you stay up

Edited by town4me, 29 May 2013 - 10:00 PM.

#20 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,707 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:49 AM

i think most town fans want you to stay up, and us beating swinton and keighley at home will holefully help you guys out. the problem with barrow and probably swinton is they go so long between wins, town had a run of 6 unbeaten (some were cup games) but putting a little run like that together just eases fears a little. hopefully holty can turn it around but your away form seriosly has to improve.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users