TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Rams turnstile?

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#1 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:10 AM

Just seen a poster that says theres a turnstile operated by Dewsbury staff on Sunday and they get £2 an adult and £1 a concession to keep?

Madness - are they that hard up?

I just dont understand why we are allowing them to do this.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#2 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:32 AM

Just seen a poster that says theres a turnstile operated by Dewsbury staff on Sunday and they get £2 an adult and £1 a concession to keep?

Wouldn't worry about it Buford - if our away support is as poor as the dogs supporters claim, then its only going to make the club fifty quid after tax and deductions. Thought it was a Batley initiative anyway.

#3 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:33 AM

It's a little tempter to try and persuade those Dogs fans who wouldn't normally be seen dead at the LoveRugby to attend. If a few come then it will be a winner for both clubs.(can't be bothered to do the maths to work out a break even figure)

Plus makes for a better atmosphere.

#4 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,749 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:32 AM

It's a Batley initiative BTJ. Where does it say that it will be operated by Rams' staff?

Feel free to tell Kevin that he's mad if you so wish.

:P

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#5 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:36 AM

Its not benefitting Dewsbury fans as they dont get in any cheaper. Batley could potentially lose up to a grand or so in gate money depending how many turn up, so the only ones benefiting here are the Dewsbury club for simply fulfilling an away fixture.

I cannot see the logic in this madcap idea.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#6 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,749 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:39 AM

Its not benefitting Dewsbury fans as they dont get in any cheaper. Batley could potentially lose up to a grand or so in gate money depending how many turn up, so the only ones benefiting here are the Dewsbury club for simply fulfilling an away fixture.

You're right. It's just like supermarkets cutting prices - utter madness!!

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#7 bulldogs17

bulldogs17
  • Coach
  • 141 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:41 AM

It's an incentive for those rams fans who are in two minds whether to come or not.

The best way to look at it is if 10 fans who were not coming, now turn up Batley get an extra £130 in gate money plus any cash they spend in the ground.

Think we should wait and see the financial impact after it instead of criticising it before the game!!

#8 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:53 AM

I think it's a great idea if it attracts a few more Dewsbury supporters to the ground. Yes we might lose £2 for each of them that comes, but on past showing, it was never that many. We still get £13 from each that does, plus I would reckon they will be expecting them to spend once in the ground, pie, tea, beer, programme, half time draw etc so I see it is a no lose initiative. I am not sure where you think we might lose a thousand pound on this, that would mean them bringing 500 supporters. If they did that, look upon the extra revenue we would gain as a benefit, not the £2 loss.

#9 PETES' LADS' BRUV

PETES' LADS' BRUV
  • Coach
  • 919 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:35 AM

I always think the Dewsbury "away" support is poor

A new future has begun!

#10 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:23 PM

Since young Kev passed control to his minions there have been several strange decisions made at the club which are upsetting quite a few ardent fans and this is in keeping with those. I may have understood if the £2 was being donated to Bissa for all the help they gave to the newly formed Amber Ribbon allowing them to post insulting editorial regarding the Bulldogs, however giving money to the Dewsbury parasites is unquestioningly the poorest decision of many.

Just light-hearted satire. Surely you of all people would understand the difference between banter between fans and personal attacks.

You do, don't you?

#11 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,749 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:12 PM

Just light-hearted satire. Surely you of all people would understand the difference between banter between fans and personal attacks.

You do, don't you?

No he doesn't Tom. He's just an unreconstructed troll with a personal grievance against the Dewsbury club in all of its manifestations.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#12 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:03 PM

You see I was responding with my opinion to the posts of others therefore I don't think the moderator should construe this as trolling, especially as this is the unofficial Batley forum. However who knows what the reaction will be. I will be at the game and available for affable discussion. Anyone will point me out.

No he doesn't Tom. He's just an unreconstructed troll with a personal grievance against the Dewsbury club in all of its manifestations.

Don't know why DocMcgrostrich should think this is the unofficial Batley forum, but he is right, as a "supporter" (albeit one who belittles the efforts of those striving to improve the club) he is entitled to his opinions on his own forum. If he has a personal grudge against the Rams, I can even understand why he seeks to inflict his jaundiced views on the rams site. What I can't fathom is why he would want to provoke the supporters of clubs with whom he has no axe to grind or affiliation. Stereotypical description of a troll I suppose.

#13 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:29 PM

got to be a decent idea and a win situation for both clubs, one gets a little slice of the cake and we get more fans in the ground spending a few quid, dont get all the fall out about sommat n nowt as most of us just enjoy a decent game of a weekend. there seemed to be many batley fans sat up at the teabag stadium on sunday near were i was and a cracking game it were, i would be more bothered if young bobby goulding is playing sunday rather than whos having a couple a quid discount to help their club.enjoy, :sclerosis:

#14 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:30 PM

I certainly do understand the difference. One is mickey taking and the other making threats. Unfortunately many moderators abuse the power vested in them and remove posters whose opinion they do not share. Others who make racially motivated posts and  threats continue with impunity. One would think any decent family would never ridicule a group of people who have helped them. These are my opinions and are not necessarily shared by other decent hard working Batley fans. Bissa are Batley fans and as such were maligned by the Amber Ribbon. You think the people who make these decisions are decent. I don't

On that same thread Doc, I see that someone has created a link that diverts the amber ribbon newsletter to an ostrich site, which suggests that money generated by the group will be inappropriately used (help the rich get richer ? really ? ). Now I'm no lawyer, but I would suggest that hijacking a link would be illegal, and it's insinuations defamatory. Those persons might be better off worrying less about the moderators and more about a tap on the shoulder from the plod. :spiteful:  :notme:  

#15 DOGFATHER

DOGFATHER
  • Coach
  • 276 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:39 PM

Is this going to be reciprocated the next time we play the Rams away? if so, I've no problem with it at all, it's worth a try, I know a few fans who won't go to either Dewsbury or Halifax away and "give them" money, such is the ill feeling towards these clubs. Personally I think it's madness but they won't go, I can only assume a few Rams fans feel the same way towards us, maybe this will help? 

Maybe all the championship clubs could work a deal out regarding reduced entry for all season ticket holders at all away grounds next season. That way there is a far bigger incentive for fans buying season tickets for there own respective clubs. It would help offset the cost of travelling away a bit too, I think it's fair to say travelling support is dwindling even faster than home support in these hard financial times.

#16 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:55 PM

i personally think its a great idea and if it helps attract another 200 rams fans which the rams will get £400 and bulldogs will get £2600 plus whatever they spend on programme drinks and food which otherwise wouldn't get so a win win . The BOD should be congratulated rather than been berated for trying new ideas to attract a bigger crowd to the mount at a time where all championship clubs bar maybe Fev are struggling to get the crowds in . Yep it may prove to be costly exersize but on the other hand could be quids in as the old saying goes ' you have to speculate to accumulate' .
Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#17 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 540 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:18 PM

This Idea has to be oner of the daftest ideas ever. Paying Dewsbury to have their support here ????. :sclerosis: I feel upset at the thaught of it. If Dewsbury fans cared about supporting Dewsbury they would be at the Mount in Numbers anyhow. As we do when we visit Sham Stadia . Back to the drawing board methinks. Just a final point what makes people think Dewsbury fans will spend money at the game ? . Pay in at reduced rate , watch game , go home. I could be being a tad cynical and hope i am wrong but hey forums are for oppinions and debate.

Edited by greavesy, 28 May 2013 - 04:19 PM.

#18 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:44 PM

This Idea has to be oner of the daftest ideas ever. Paying Dewsbury to have their support here ????. :sclerosis: I feel upset at the thaught of it. If Dewsbury fans cared about supporting Dewsbury they would be at the Mount in Numbers anyhow. As we do when we visit Sham Stadia . Back to the drawing board methinks. Just a final point what makes people think Dewsbury fans will spend money at the game ? . Pay in at reduced rate , watch game , go home. I could be being a tad cynical and hope i am wrong but hey forums are for oppinions and debate.

I know that other clubs have used this before, but not sure of the success of it. I still think its a decent idea if it persuades enough of them to come, I think it's a 'seeing the bigger picture' move.

#19 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:47 PM

Well I think its a great idea, well done Batley!

Posted Image

#20 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:12 PM

what makes people think Dewsbury fans will spend money at the game ? . Pay in at reduced rate , watch game , go home. I could be being a tad cynical and hope i am wrong but hey forums are for oppinions and debate.

Just to make a point, I'm one of the few Dewsbury fans who come up to the mount (of the very few that come up to the mount) and actually spends money in the ground, when Dewsbury aren't playing (I follow the lads home and away, so say you go further than us in the CC or NRC and draw a team at home) I'm there watching you lot 9 times out of 10, and again I spend money in the ground. I totally understand where you're coming from and I don't think you're being cynical because you're correct in a way. Just to make a point I think it isn't a reduced rate, just £1/£2 of the gate money for when us Dewsbury lot pay it goes back to our club.
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users