Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Rams turnstile?

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#21 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:34 PM

This Idea has to be oner of the daftest ideas ever. Paying Dewsbury to have their support here ????. :sclerosis: I feel upset at the thaught of it. If Dewsbury fans cared about supporting Dewsbury they would be at the Mount in Numbers anyhow. As we do when we visit Sham Stadia . Back to the drawing board methinks. Just a final point what makes people think Dewsbury fans will spend money at the game ? . Pay in at reduced rate , watch game , go home. I could be being a tad cynical and hope i am wrong but hey forums are for oppinions and debate.

What makes you think they won't? I have seen supporters of other teams drinking behind the stand and even queuing for chips etc. They certainly won't spend at the ground if they don't go and as Kelsey says, its still money going into the club.

Edited by distantdog, 28 May 2013 - 05:39 PM.

#22 PETES' LADS' BRUV

PETES' LADS' BRUV
  • Coach
  • 919 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

It would be intresting to see the "OFFICIAL FIGURE"  using ths turnstile.

Are Dewsbury planning to do something when we play them next?

Edited by PETES' LADS' BRUV, 28 May 2013 - 05:57 PM.

A new future has begun!

#23 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,057 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:28 PM

Win I hope!

:onthequiet:

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#24 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,057 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:34 PM

Maybe all the championship clubs could work a deal out regarding reduced entry for all season ticket holders at all away grounds next season. That way there is a far bigger incentive for fans buying season tickets for there own respective clubs. It would help offset the cost of travelling away a bit too, I think it's fair to say travelling support is dwindling even faster than home support in these hard financial times.

I think all clubs need to be coming up with imaginative offers of this sort in order tpo attract any "waverers". Hunslet did well last week in offering reduced entry cost to season ticket holders from Leeds RL and FC and I reckon most clubs should be doing the same. a couple of years back Championship clubs were offereing cut-price entry to Sl season ticket holders and I certainly think this should be considered as an option by all.

All Championship clubs are skint and need as much income as possible.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#25 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 497 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:55 PM

Batley News 23rd May says "designated turnstiles, staffed by Dewsbury Officials".

It's a Batley initiative BTJ. Where does it say that it will be operated by Rams' staff?

Feel free to tell Kevin that he's mad if you so wish.

:P

#26 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,558 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:36 AM

Desperate times calls for desperate measures

crowds falling
too much winning and bonus payments
KN with nowt else left to sell

id call that desperate ;)

#27 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 941 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:45 AM

Yes we are planning to give you two or three of our players at the end of the season like we do every year,what more do you want? :tongue:

#28 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 417 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:16 PM

I understand what you are saying but the fact remains Dewsbury fans will be paying less to our club. I do not agree with it and i feel it is more likely to make our supporters angry that we are in a way bribing away support to come to support their own team just a couple miles from sham stadia. One other point is who can say that all fans passing through the designated turnstile will be Dewsbury supporters. As i have said maybe i am being cynical and i do support initiatives to increase the gates but home supporters paying more than away fans" NO" :angry: . Dewsbury fans have been staying away from the mount for whatever reasons in the last few years why reward them for doing so ??.  

Just to make a point, I'm one of the few Dewsbury fans who come up to the mount (of the very few that come up to the mount) and actually spends money in the ground, when Dewsbury aren't playing (I follow the lads home and away, so say you go further than us in the CC or NRC and draw a team at home) I'm there watching you lot 9 times out of 10, and again I spend money in the ground. I totally understand where you're coming from and I don't think you're being cynical because you're correct in a way. Just to make a point I think it isn't a reduced rate, just £1/£2 of the gate money for when us Dewsbury lot pay it goes back to our club.

#29 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,558 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:45 PM

Tight wads

Youve had the last 2 derby games at ours for free

Edited by coolie, 29 May 2013 - 03:50 PM.

#30 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 417 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:16 PM

Not me Coolie i paid in full. ;)

Tight wads

#31 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:20 PM

Tight wads

You do spout some nonsense on here Coolie, though I would fight for your right to do so, I disagree with what you say.

1st, read the posts, then stop tarring us all with the same brush.

Some of us are fully in support of this initiative.

2nd, I have never got into your ground for free, and never intend to. Don't label all of us as tight wads!!!

3. You are the tight wad here after stating you do not want to contribute anything to our club. The lower league clubs would be in a state if we all thought like that!!! I would have thought that your supporters would be more aware as any supporters after your financial problems with sponsers this season!

#32 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 605 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:41 PM

All we can do is try it. If it works and attracts more supporters then great. If not we learn from the experience.

#33 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,057 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:42 PM

I understand what you are saying but the fact remains Dewsbury fans will be paying less to our club. I do not agree with it and i feel it is more likely to make our supporters angry that we are in a way bribing away support to come to support their own team just a couple miles from sham stadia. One other point is who can say that all fans passing through the designated turnstile will be Dewsbury supporters. As i have said maybe i am being cynical and i do support initiatives to increase the gates but home supporters paying more than away fans" NO" :angry: . Dewsbury fans have been staying away from the mount for whatever reasons in the last few years why reward them for doing so ??.  

I think you're misunderstanding the offer Greavesey. The fans going through the designated turnstile will be paying the same as they will at any other turnstile - it's just that an amount of their entry fee will be diverted to the Dewsbury club. Home fans and away fans will be paying exactly the same.

I don't know why Rams fans don't like going to the Mount as you claim but possibly there are other reasons besides their animosity or indifference as you claim but, as I say, i don't know.

I shall be there, as usual.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#34 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:49 AM

I think you're misunderstanding the offer Greavesey. The fans going through the designated turnstile will be paying the same as they will at any other turnstile - it's just that an amount of their entry fee will be diverted to the Dewsbury club. Home fans and away fans will be paying exactly the same.

I don't know why Rams fans don't like going to the Mount as you claim but possibly there are other reasons besides their animosity or indifference as you claim but, as I say, i don't know.

I shall be there, as usual.

Parking could be one of the reasons - not the best of experiences up at the kennel. Be getting a joe baxi myself, but not everybody can afford it these days.

#35 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 605 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:51 PM

I've never had any trouble getting a parking spot?

#36 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,558 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:35 PM

Me either

just pull up in my van
with "coolies famous pork pies & scratchings"

and i can park where i like around the streets
of mount pleasant.

;)

#37 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:35 AM

I've never had any trouble getting a parking spot?

I didn't have trouble parking.There were issues with my car - it could have happened on any street in any town - they were nothing to do with rugby or the club.

But just to be safe I'll be going by taxi. 

#38 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,057 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:18 AM

I didn't have trouble parking.There were issues with my car - it could have happened on any street in any town - they were nothing to do with rugby or the club.

But just to be safe I'll be going by taxi. 

Parking a Bentley around Mount Pleasant was always asking for trouble GOR - you should have asked your chauffeur to call back later.

:beach:

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#39 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 208 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:21 AM

Just an suggestion y not do a joint lottery scheme surley its a win win share the costs and share the profit . Bigger prizes more intrest less costs helps both clubs in these hard times it as to be common sence to give it a go . Also bissa and amber ribbon to try and do a joint venture which would create intrest rather than pairing up with a super league club who only cares whats best for them . To me its nothing to lose but everything to gain .

#40 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,558 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:24 PM

toffee as much as people will rubbish your idea

i think you have a good point
surely capturing all the heavey wollen area and having one lottery for both teams would be a better idea than us been with halifax & before that bradford.

im sure amber ribbon & bissa have co-op stuff worked out for the future events wise,but this idea deserves a chance to breathe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users