• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#41 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:58 PM

well like it or not

it will all be together one day...so ya better start getting used to the idea. ;)

#42 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:21 PM

The lottery link up with Huddersfield didnt work, and there were a lot more members.

If BISSA began joint fundraising with a Dewsbury equivalent, my contribution would stop. Similarly if Batley and Dewsbury begin a series of shared activities, I may also question my attendance as id be unsure who my money was going to.

Im a Batley fan through and through and have been for the last 25 years and want my money to go to my club at home games, and controversial as it sounds to the Batley fans on here who sit on the fence when it comes to the rivalry between the 2 clubs, I couldnt give a flying feck about Dewsbury.

Its dog eat dog in the world at the minute, and with customers and money at a premium anyway, giving away money to a competitor is crackers.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#43 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,270 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:29 PM

The lottery link up with Huddersfield didnt work, and there were a lot more members.

If BISSA began joint fundraising with a Dewsbury equivalent, my contribution would stop. Similarly if Batley and Dewsbury begin a series of shared activities, I may also question my attendance as id be unsure who my money was going to.

Im a Batley fan through and through and have been for the last 25 years and want my money to go to my club at home games, and controversial as it sounds to the Batley fans on here who sit on the fence when it comes to the rivalry between the 2 clubs, I couldnt give a flying feck about Dewsbury.

Its dog eat dog in the world at the minute, and with customers and money at a premium anyway, giving away money to a competitor is crackers.

Do you give a FF for anyone else in the league BTJ or is it just the Rams?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#44 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,452 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:43 PM

Does he have to?

#45 London Dick

London Dick
  • Coach
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:02 PM

I dont think people realise how much work goes into running a lottery.  Batley join in with Huddersfield as they have full time staff and can administer it.  As organised, hardworking BISSA, its a group of volunteers who predominantly have full time jobs etc.  BISSA are there to raise funds for players through their own means of fundraising, not taking on full time roles. 

As far as I can see the club has quite a lot of things going through the various facets such as the Golf day on Monday,  BISSA Dinner 7th June 2013, the Supporters Club evening at Batley Nash at the end of June , I know the club have a dinner with Ian Millward coming up soon (dont know date sorry) and then a further one with Steve MacNamara in September, there is also the Supporters Club Wembley trip for the Challenge Cup in August and the trip to the World Cup Semi-Final Double header in November.  There will also be the Player of the year awards to fit in and hopefull a Northern Rail winners celebration at some point.

On a weekly basis there is the supporters club shop, the supporters bus to away games, Bissa have their stall for DVD's etc, Spread & Save, Spend & Raise etc added to that the recently finished Derby draw.

So with limited full time staff at the club and a hardy band of volunteers there is plenty going on to occupy everyone and support of these events is vital to ensure there is enough in the coffers to maintain a decent team on the field with a bit of luck will have some success this year.

"If you want us to be the best and if you want us to beat the rest, a BISSA donation is what we need"

#46 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:17 PM

I love rugby league and the games as a whole.

As for giving an FF about other clubs? No i dont. I follow Batley home and away, i contribute to other clubs by way of gate money and bar money as most fans do, but have no interest in and couldnt care less about what else they do. Im a Batley fan and i care about Batley first and foremost.

This is not to be confused with liking other clubs, as Doc M points out, our group of fans have met some great people and had some great times at clubs up and down the land over the years.

Apart from at Dewsbury.

Its never nice at Dewsbury.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#47 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:00 PM

As i said

self self self

they wont be happy until their in a league
all of their own..

next weekends fixtures are as follows

super league
leeds vs wigan
warrington vs saints

championship
batley vs featherstone

week afters fixtures
super league
leeds vs wigan
saints vs warrington

championship
featherstone vs batley

that should cover whole of rugby league for the selfish egomaniacs.

i keep forgetting batleys 1000 plus followers.

#48 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:46 PM

Why is it no one can see the bigger picture both team are never going into superleague its same every season struggle to keep our best players. And at the same time try to survive with dwindling crowds. Time to try and help each other in these diffacult times before we end up with one or both of us out like batafax with the buckets . Why cant we help each other and prosper togeather maybe try put academy team togeather or arrange a mini tournament in the off season to attract intrest and income we both could do with a third or maybe a fourth team with a knockout format during jan when nobody else in playing anyone else ave any better ways of generating income .

#49 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,452 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:34 PM

As i said

self self self

they wont be happy until their in a league
all of their own..

next weekends fixtures are as follows

super league
leeds vs wigan
warrington vs saints

championship
batley vs featherstone

week afters fixtures
super league
leeds vs wigan
saints vs warrington

championship
featherstone vs batley

that should cover whole of rugby league for the selfish egomaniacs.

i keep forgetting batleys 1000 plus followers.

I don't agree with him Coolie but find all this ironic coming from someone who will not be going to tomorrows match as you do not want to contribute anything to Batley's coffers!!!!

#50 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:51 PM

To be totally honest

i cant afford it

theres 6 of us
2 adults 4 kids
£40 plus food & drink
for a couple of hours
i buy a season ticket that enables me to
guarantee that i can have my rugby all season
without having to miss a home game cos ive no brass.
if i have some spare ill visit an away ground.
a lot of championship rugby fans are more and more struggling to cope with the increases.

bottom line is tomorrows non attendence is more cost rather than supporting local rugby.

i helped out 4 batley fans with free tickets for our home fixture with promise they would sort us out with free tickets for tomorrow.

rule one in life
dont promise what your a#se cant deliver.

it was 4 batley fans who couldnt afford to go to the game so im not alone with cost.

Edited by coolie, 01 June 2013 - 06:11 PM.

#51 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,452 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:15 PM

I understand the cost reason as much as anyone else Coolie, which is why the club are trying to be creative in it's marketing. And I would never criticise anyone for not going on the grounds of cost. However, your reason for not going before was because you did not want to give anything to Batley!! Anyway, that's by the by. The issue for all clubs is getting people through the turnstiles, and I am all for us trying something different to get people into the ground. A pound from Dewsbury is just as welcome as a pound from Batley.

Edited by distantdog, 01 June 2013 - 06:16 PM.

#52 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:19 PM

You might just understand about my outburst
about batley...

just having found out minutes before the original post that i wasnt going to the game as the said batley fans were unable to deliver on their promises.

now does it make sense mate :)

Edited by coolie, 01 June 2013 - 06:20 PM.

#53 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,452 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:29 PM

Coolie, I understand what you were saying.

I just struggle why some of our own supporters are against the club trying something a little different to get people in. It's not as if they are all getting in cheaper than any Batley supporter. The integrity of the season ticket has been kept, so no probs as far as I can see.

#54 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:36 PM

Cool mate thanks for understanding.

thats why i feel toffee has a grasp of the situation

were stronger together than pulling in different direction.

#55 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:39 AM

We are local rivals and dont agree with esch other . Now is the time to work togeather off field to get extra income for each other is so easy to complain and backbite but i want dewsbury around strong but of course not too strong. Because of it helps us out. All we after tobdo is help each other makes sence its a win win

#56 Rab C

Rab C
  • Coach
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:20 PM

THE turnstile must have raised £24 today for Dewsbury today. That probably covered the the cost of Karl Pryce's strapping.

#57 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,105 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:35 PM

That was some lump Mr Pryce had on his noggin! I had to laugh when someone from the crowd shouted he looked like a unicorn :lol:

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#58 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 960 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:38 PM

Anyone know now many rams fans used the "ram's turnstile " at the mount today,not many if the attendance was only 1047.

#59 RPH

RPH
  • Coach
  • 637 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:02 PM

#60 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:35 AM

Surely that's a good thing though. If there were only seven rams fans turned up, then 1040 of the batley faithful must have been there . All you need to do now is make sure they turn up at every home game and it's a result. Must admit the magnificent 7 seemed to be outsinging you for much of the match though. Didn't use the rams turnstile in deference to BTJ. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users