TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:00 AM

Everybody forgotten this game ?--- no mention on this Forum yet, although it is on the clubs website

Kick off 7.30 pm against  probably the best team in the Division., and no panic stations from the Council over car parking.

We follow this game with Whitehaven away on Sunday and then Halifax at home-- we need points from these games, if the team is to come good  --  NOW is the time to do it.

#2 brummie-eagle

brummie-eagle
  • Coach
  • 819 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:12 AM

Greetings, just wondering if anyone knows which bus goes up to the ground from the city centre?
why dont they just give andy farrell his medal now?- ray french before the challenge cup final 1998

#3 hunsok3

hunsok3
  • Players
  • 88 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:16 AM

Correct frisky,we do have to start hitting some good form at some stage,thought we played well against the dogs last week,,,,sadly we will have to do it without grimmer,for the rest of the season,it looks likely,as ive said before we need to keep picking up bonus points against the top sides,this will lift the team moral wise,and confidence will rise against teams around us in the league,,,,onwards and upwards,,CMON YOU HUNS.

#4 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:12 AM

Greetings, just wondering if anyone knows which bus goes up to the ground from the city centre?

not sure there is a bus but for what you would pay you might as well get a cab

#5 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:26 AM

I think our forwards can get the better of Sheffields pack but The Eagles back line of QLT Yere and Tuilapapa win them so many games, Patch Walker usually kicks us to death as well and our failure to deal with kicks dosent bode well for this game, however Haven beat em up there and Worky run em close, were quite capable of at least a bonus point.
Posted Image

#6 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:51 AM

Looking forward to the game, if we can have a 'MISTAKE FREE' 80 mins, we wont be far away!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#7 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 466 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:09 PM

Haven't got high hopes. Eatan is still waiting for his first win against a established championship side. Hope to be proved wrong.
Plus can anyone remember when we last won a league game at home under the floodlights? It's not the televised game against Workington as floodlights were not required.

#8 brummie-eagle

brummie-eagle
  • Coach
  • 819 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:31 PM

not sure there is a bus but for what you would pay you might as well get a cab

Cheers, will jump in a cab, Taulapapa looks set to miss the game on Wednesday but Morrison and Finigan are set to come in, should be a good game!
why dont they just give andy farrell his medal now?- ray french before the challenge cup final 1998

#9 Woodlesford Hawk

Woodlesford Hawk
  • Coach
  • 163 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:32 PM

Hope this selection of buses helps mate.

There is about 20 odd buses pet hour from just outside the Railway Station to The Dewsbury Road Social Club (The ground is about a 10 to 15 minutes walk up the side of the club)

Neville Street stop No Z2 or Z3                            or Meadow Lane stop T10

Bus 117   17:36 - Arrives at 17:47                        Bus 3A  17:49 - Arrives at 17:58 

Bus 203   17:42 - Arrives at 17:53                        Bus 2    18:08 - Arrives at 18:16

Bus 1       17:43 - Arrives at 17:58                        Bus 3A  18:31 - Arrives at 18:21

Bus 221   17:50 - Arrives at 18:02

Bus 202   17:58 - Arrives at 18:08

Bus 220   17:59 - Arrives at 18:10

Think the bus fare is around £2

Alternatively a Taxi from the rank outside the train station will be around £7 or £8 and should take about 15 - 20 minutes

Edited by Woodlesford Hawk, 28 May 2013 - 12:34 PM.

#10 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 254 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:19 PM

Gonna be a tough game and sadly I won't see it as I am in Spain. 😜 In relation to unable to deal with kicks, I think we have turned a corner there. Watson mopped everything up against Batley except that one on 79 minutes. Brian Noble thought he did brill.
We need to some how and I am not an expert, learn to bring the backs in. Batley was a forwards game again and the fastest and fittest players are unable to get a look in. I think this is the job of the half backs so I still expect to see much more from them.
As I'm away please Hunslet put plenty on twitter as I will be refreshing it every 2 mins. Come on.

#11 brummie-eagle

brummie-eagle
  • Coach
  • 819 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:51 PM

Many thanks Woodlesford Hawk!

#12 hunslet ramone

hunslet ramone
  • Coach
  • 151 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:03 PM

Hope this selection of buses helps mate.

There is about 20 odd buses pet hour from just outside the Railway Station to The Dewsbury Road Social Club (The ground is about a 10 to 15 minutes walk up the side of the club)

Neville Street stop No Z2 or Z3                            or Meadow Lane stop T10

Bus 117   17:36 - Arrives at 17:47                        Bus 3A  17:49 - Arrives at 17:58 

Bus 203   17:42 - Arrives at 17:53                        Bus 2    18:08 - Arrives at 18:16

Bus 1       17:43 - Arrives at 17:58                        Bus 3A  18:31 - Arrives at 18:21

Bus 221   17:50 - Arrives at 18:02

Bus 202   17:58 - Arrives at 18:08

Bus 220   17:59 - Arrives at 18:10

Think the bus fare is around £2

Alternatively a Taxi from the rank outside the train station will be around £7 or £8 and should take about 15 - 20 minutes

Also the 481 from Leeds Central bus station passes the ground.

The times are 18:27 from the bus station

Arrives at the stadium 18:42.

The one after is 19:20 from bus station arrives at stadium 19:35 ,think might be too risky if it's late.

There is no 481 earlier than I have said passing the stadium.

The 481 goes from Leeds Central bus station which is a fair walk from the railway station, unless your coming in on the National bus from Sheffield which goes into Leeds Central bus station.

Don't get the Number 1 bus as it only goes to the bottom of Dewsbury Road , and that's a fair walk to the ground.

The other buses are good to get which Woodlesford Hawk mentions here.

#13 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:23 PM

I've never known public transport knowledge like this, different class!

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#14 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 933 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:53 AM

Can't see much of a turnout tonight unfortunately, a rearranged midweek match during bank holiday week, against a team that never takes many to away games ... though it has the potential be a very good game.

Whilst driving home from the Batley match I was thinking of the last time we had a surprise win - one where would have been clear second favourites at kick-off. I reckon you probably have to go back to the win at Widnes, early in 2011 !!!

Any time in the next three games then lads !! ;)

#15 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:14 AM

I am looking forward tonight, another stern test for the squad but one we must look forward to and give it our all. Its not going to be easy but if we can cut out silly mistakes ie interceptions, knock ons forward passes, we will be in with a shout of at least a bonus point, I don't think they will be a better time to play Sheffield, it will be a cold blustery night with rain falling on a soaking pitch, which may just turn it in to a slog which will benefit our pack.

See you in the Phoenix early doors!  :drinks:

#16 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:06 AM

I am looking forward tonight, another stern test for the squad but one we must look forward to and give it our all. Its not going to be easy but if we can cut out silly mistakes ie interceptions, knock ons forward passes, we will be in with a shout of at least a bonus point, I don't think they will be a better time to play Sheffield, it will be a cold blustery night with rain falling on a soaking pitch, which may just turn it in to a slog which will benefit our pack.

See you in the Phoenix early doors!  :drinks:

Remember last week Gaz , drink and work don't mix.......... :alcoholic:

#17 hunsletnewboy

hunsletnewboy
  • Players
  • 90 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:28 AM

I wonder which ones will be rested on sunday, so they dont have to spend the day in cumbria. Be interesting to see if i'm right. The last team we beat under floodlight was against Whitehaven last season, at home (weds 15th Feb)when we won 34-18.

#18 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 254 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:33 AM

When is the team news coming out? Wonder if Richard Moore is playing?

#19 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:58 AM

1 sheff fan on their forum recon they'd win if we played full rhino squad 2night. Didnt realise we were playing wigan
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#20 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:58 AM

When is the team news coming out? Wonder if Richard Moore is playing?

As log as Watson is that's all that matters   :pickeat:

Edited by Blackpool Hawk, 29 May 2013 - 11:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users