TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Leigh v Featherstone.Sat 1st June 1pm.Match Thread

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:44 AM

Huge game at the Leigh Sports Village this week with the winner gaining a huge advantage in taking the league leaders shield.

I think Fev will be hungry to prove theyre hungry to be successful and take a narrow defence oriented win.

Leigh 12-21 Fev
First Try - Sharp
M.O.M. - Spears
Attendance - 2450
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#2 febreze

febreze
  • Coach
  • 105 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:47 AM

ok here we go
FEV 38 LEIGH 12
1ST TRY SAXTON
MOM GREG WORTHINGTON
ATT 2300
I HOPE

#3 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:39 PM

I thought Leigh were really poor when we played them early in the season but they've picked up since then. It'll be a tough one.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#4 TVBOY

TVBOY
  • Players
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:34 PM

We've a good few out at the moment so I think the spoils will be yours this weekend.

#5 Bartholemew Smythe

Bartholemew Smythe
  • Coach
  • 693 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:31 PM

Fev by 40

We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

#6 frankb

frankb
  • Coach
  • 329 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:10 PM

Yeh Bart but I think you are being generous Fev are the best and were very unlucky to lose at York..

#7 ian c

ian c
  • Players
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:25 AM

To close to call in my opinion. Maybe see some of you in Wetherspoons.

#8 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,379 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:03 PM

Oohhhh leigh have got to have it Saturday! !!
:lol: :lol:

Edited by Robin Evans, 29 May 2013 - 05:03 PM.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#9 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:01 PM

Very under strength Leigh team will see Fev get revenge by 12 pts IMO
Legends bar outside the ground will be doing beer and meal deals pre game

#10 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:06 AM

Very under strength Leigh team will see Fev get revenge by 12 pts IMO
Legends bar outside the ground will be doing beer and meal deals pre game

Not a bad prediction, better team won. You can't win without halves

#11 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,379 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:30 AM

Not a bad prediction, better team won. You can't win without halves

we only had one....

One centre playing with a knoack

T'other centre playing his first game back for a month.

first choice Stand off and Centre on season long lay offs

and we lost Ingy after ten mins..

all in all I thought it was a bit of an arm wrestle. Proper old school rugby where despite the eccentricities of the ref, we gradually wore Leigh down and capitalised on Leigh's error count.
I never saw Fev being as poor as we were a couple of weeks ago and so it transpired.

#12 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:24 PM

Ellis is the extra half, your distribution was much better. We played some silly RL and needed to be a couple of yards deeper to trouble you. As you say after 60 mins it was for either to take but we had shot the bolt by then and you rightly wrapped it up

#13 stuart56

stuart56
  • Coach
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:54 PM

Ellis is the extra half, your distribution was much better. We played some silly RL and needed to be a couple of yards deeper to trouble you. As you say after 60 mins it was for either to take but we had shot the bolt by then and you rightly wrapped it up

I thought in both games, League and NRC, Leigh produced some of the best defence we've faced this season and we really struggled to break them down.  In both games though, even the one you won, Leigh's attack was very poor and I agree you need more ideas coming from the halves.  Good luck for the rest of the season.  Always enjoy the trip over there, although less so since you moved. 

< - Always remember, without experiencing the lows you don't really appreciate the highs - >

#14 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:57 PM

I wouldn't disagree with that observation. I am not convinced with the coaches tactics, we have lost against the big 3 in every league game and in each our attack has been pants.
We need to release Penky, Aspinwall and Beswick to find a quality half and hooker for next season to dictate play

#15 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,379 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:01 PM

I wouldn't disagree with that observation. I am not convinced with the coaches tactics, we have lost against the big 3 in every league game and in each our attack has been pants.
We need to release Penky, Aspinwall and Beswick to find a quality half and hooker for next season to dictate play

there's been lots of chatter/speculation that penky could have been coming to fev this season. In the three games I've seen him play this season I'm perfectly happy to stick with what we've got rather than bring penky in.
And I would have snatched you're arm off before this season!!! For me.... He's finished!

#16 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:46 PM

there's been lots of chatter/speculation that penky could have been coming to fev this season. In the three games I've seen him play this season I'm perfectly happy to stick with what we've got rather than bring penky in.
And I would have snatched you're arm off before this season!!! For me.... He's finished!

He must be Robin, if he's not fit enough to start in one of the half-back positions during their injury crisis. In the past while he was at Fax he's played well against us at scrum half and stand-off besides hooker. I watched him a lot in 2008 when my daughter still lived over there, and I seem to recall he played most of that season at no.7...If he can't cover there now he must have lost some of his zip? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users