Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Keighley Match

• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

#1 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 456 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:01 PM

Match Officials:

Ref: M Thomason Vid Ref: I Smith
Touch J: A Sweet
Touch J: A Smith
Reserve: P Ward Time K: C Morris
M Com: B Lilley

#2 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 456 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:29 PM

Link to Keighley fans forum video highlights of Leigh v Keighley played on Sunday.

http://forums.rlfans...tsmp=1369743960

Edited by Supporter, 28 May 2013 - 12:31 PM.

#3 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,707 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:41 PM

Many of the Leigh tries seemed to come from good support play which is young McNally's forte and the reason he was able to score 4 tries and kick 9 goals.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#4 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:45 PM

Many of the Leigh tries seemed to come from good support play which is young McNally's forte and the reason he was able to score 4 tries and kick 9 goals.

weve had it then, our support play is very poor. it was good to see callum on forbers shoulder for our 1st try
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#5 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 456 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:38 PM

Injury news etc from the Keighley Coach:

“We didn’t pick any fresh injuries up (in the Leigh match) and we hope to have Joe Chandler, James Haley, myself (ribs) and possibly a new signing in for Thursday.”

March is demanding an improvement after the hiding at Leigh, adding: “We’ve only played for 40 minutes here – that’s got to change and change quick.

“When we get tired we fall back into old habits. Certain individuals are not doing what they should be doing.”

Edited by Supporter, 28 May 2013 - 04:38 PM.

#6 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 456 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:03 PM

Willie Isa (wing/centre)  (if eligible for DR) if fit yet, could do with a confidence boosting game in the Championship.

#7 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:18 PM

sounds as though keighley are a bit unfit which should suit us, although if march is taking training what do they expect. if theres 2 people the boys should be up for beating its the march brothers.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#8 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 835 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:03 PM

For me the most important match this season so far, we need a win big style and we can get one too

#9 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:46 PM

ISA not available guys Visa issue with DR , Widnes apparently have more than last week on the physio table , phelps , dean have joined the masses and I believe Hulme is 2/3 weeks at least . Probably Lawton and Briscoe the only options

#10 kieran

kieran
  • Coach
  • 200 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:50 PM

ISA not available guys Visa issue with DR , Widnes apparently have more than last week on the physio table , phelps , dean have joined the masses and I believe Hulme is 2/3 weeks at least . Probably Lawton and Briscoe the only options

Lawton is not selected, the club have said that he is not needed.

#11 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 456 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:15 PM

So if for example, Robinson replaces Coward, and we don't bring Lawton from Widnes, does that mean that either Phillips or Acton or both are fit to play?

Edited by Supporter, 28 May 2013 - 09:28 PM.

#12 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:33 PM

well if lawton isn't selected we must have a full set of forwards to pick from then. our strength is our pack so if Any are missing surely big Adam would have been needed

Edited by town4me, 28 May 2013 - 09:37 PM.

#13 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 800 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:46 PM

Phillips and Acton will not be fit for 2 or 3 weeks, good news about Morris and Conners looks like both will be fit for thursday,Looks like we could be short of forwards unless we get a couple from Widnes that seems unlikely???

#14 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 456 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:47 PM

well if lawton isn't selected we must have a full set of forwards to pick from then. our strength is our pack so if Any are missing surely big Adam would have been needed

Agreed, without Phillips or Acton the seventeen would surely be:
1 Brett Carter
2 Elliot Miller
24 Kayle Connor
4 Andy Morris
5 Mark Calderwood
13 Peter Lupton
21 Callum Phillips
8 Ewan Dowes
9 Graeme Mattinson
17 Marc Shackley
22 Jordan Walne
12 Jarrad Stack
16 Karl Olstrum

10 Jamie Thackray
19 James Robinson
20 John Patrick
7 Carl Forber

Edited by Supporter, 28 May 2013 - 09:51 PM.

#15 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 800 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:51 PM

Think you can also count John Patrick out.

#16 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 456 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:54 PM

Think you can also count John Patrick out.

Coyle and Gaskell are both still on the injury list, so who is left?

#17 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,707 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:08 PM

I read somewhere that Coyle isn't far off being fit to play again.     With a lot of shuffling around of players in various positions are we getting our best team out or just putting 17 players out?        Taking Supporter's team as probably about right I think we should have Lawton in there for John Patrick if he isn't fit or available as we seem light for forwards on the bench.

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#18 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 456 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:12 PM

Kieran's information is correct, Adam Lawton confirmed it in response to a twitter enquiry from Kieran. Thus replace Patrick with Coyle, or if not fit, the bus driver! However, surely we would never turn down a Widnes forward unless we had another forward available to take his place?.

Edited by Supporter, 28 May 2013 - 10:19 PM.

#19 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,707 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:16 PM

Kieran's information is correct, Adam Lawton confirmed it in response to a twitter enquiry from Kieran. Thus replace Patrick with Coyle, or if not fit, the bus driver!

We definitely look light on the bench.   I don't understand the decision not to take Lawton in the circumstances.

Unless we have someone else from Widnes, Leuleuai perhaps!!!!

Edited by Keith T, 28 May 2013 - 10:16 PM.

#20 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:10 PM

I wouldn't have any DR - just go with what we've got -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users