Keighley Match

• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

#201 Town Army

Town Army
  • Coach
  • 256 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:57 PM

His loan is up but hopefully we'll get that extended.

#202 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:07 PM

Can't see why not really as he's not figuring there .

#203 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,563 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:37 PM

looked really good against hunslet but was less effective in attack vs donny and keighley. solid in defence and would be great to have him to spell brett and stack
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#204 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 461 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:27 AM

As an idle bit of fun yesterday, tried to predict, for the remainder of the season, the probable results and points for all the teams in the bottom sector of the table. But, after the York v Doncaster result yesterday, when Doncaster didn't even get a bonus point, I tore my prediction exercise up!
With the variant of DR players in or not in the team, it makes it practically impossible to predict outcomes of games this season. There will be less sure things in this League this year. Exciting isn't it!

#205 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,869 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:17 AM

As an idle bit of fun yesterday, tried to predict, for the remainder of the season, the probable results and points for all the teams in the bottom sector of the table. But, after the York v Doncaster result yesterday, when Doncaster didn't even get a bonus point, I tore my prediction exercise up!
With the variant of DR players in or not in the team, it makes it practically impossible to predict outcomes of games this season. There will be less sure things in this League this year. Exciting isn't it!

I was doing a similar thing yesterday and I came to the conclusion that both us and Haven will be in the top 8 and it will depend on which team wins the clash on 23rd June as to which finishes highest.    Leaving out the derby match I had Haven with 36 points (10 from their remaining home games and 2 from away games) and Town on 38 points (14 from our remaining home games and 5 from our away games), so it would be down to the match at the Rec.    If Haven win and we don't get a bonus point then I think they would finish higher than us any other result and we would finish higher than them. (We have a better points difference)

We have at home:- Leigh (BP), Dewsbury (W), Swinton (W), Fev (BP), York (W), Keighley (W) 14 points and away - Sheffield (0); Batley (BP); Hunslet (BP); Barrow (W); Halifax (0), Fev (0) 5points - Total 38 points

Haven at home :- Batley (BP); Dewsbury (W); Keighley (W); Swinton (W) 10 points and away Sheffield (0); Halifax (0); York (BP); Doncaster (BP), Leigh   (0); Fev (0) 2 points  -  Total 36 points.

I await a certain poster telling me I am totally wrong as usual

Edited by Keith T, 03 June 2013 - 11:19 AM.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#206 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:27 AM

I was doing a similar thing yesterday and I came to the conclusion that both us and Haven will be in the top 8 and it will depend on which team wins the clash on 23rd June as to which finishes highest. Leaving out the derby match I had Haven with 36 points (10 from their remaining home games and 2 from away games) and Town on 38 points (14 from our remaining home games and 5 from our away games), so it would be down to the match at the Rec. If Haven win and we don't get a bonus point then I think they would finish higher than us any other result and we would finish higher than them. (We have a better points difference)

We have at home:- Leigh (BP), Dewsbury (W), Swinton (W), Fev (BP), York (W), Keighley (W) 14 points and away - Sheffield (0); Batley (BP); Hunslet (BP); Barrow (W); Halifax (0), Fev (0) 5points - Total 38 points

Haven at home :- Batley (BP); Dewsbury (W); Keighley (W); Swinton (W) 10 points and away Sheffield (0); Halifax (0); York (BP); Doncaster (BP), Leigh (0); Fev (0) 2 points - Total 36 points.

I await a certain poster telling me I am totally wrong as usual

i think haven have been very fortunate with the fixture list with two yorkshire teams having to do the long trek up to the wreck on a quick turnaround. i would like to think we could pull off an unexpected 3 pts at some point this season after losing the last two games.

#207 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,869 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:58 AM

i think haven have been very fortunate with the fixture list with two yorkshire teams having to do the long trek up to the wreck on a quick turnaround. i would like to think we could pull off an unexpected 3 pts at some point this season after losing the last two games.

Yes, it would be nice to turn Leigh over as I don't think that would be expected but it's possible.

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#208 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 461 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:15 PM

Haven at home :- Batley (BP); Dewsbury (W); Keighley (W); Swinton (W) 10 points and away Sheffield (0); Halifax (0); York (BP); Doncaster (BP), Leigh (0); Fev (0) 2 points - Total 36 points.

Very similar view to you Keith, with our two away matches to rearrange being down as no points to us, unless Sheffield get themselves into a mess with their fixture backlog, then it may be possible to achieve a BP or even a win! I am also confident that the Leigh home game is a must win game for us and the squad will treat it as an important cup-tie. So I optimistically predict 41 points, with the Whitehaven game going with the team who wants to win it the most on the day!

Edited by Supporter, 03 June 2013 - 12:18 PM.

#209 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,869 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:29 PM

Very similar view to you Keith, with our two away matches to rearrange being down as no points to us, unless Sheffield get themselves into a mess with their fixture backlog, then it may be possible to achieve a BP or even a win! I am also confident that the Leigh home game is a must win game for us and the squad will treat it as an important cup-tie. So I optimistically predict 41 points, with the Whitehaven game going with the team who wants to win it the most on the day!

Ha ha, good old BKM (Haven4ever) he never lets you down does he?    We have a thread all on our own about this on the Haven forum.   

#210 recre2

recre2
  • Players
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:48 PM

I'll do something similar then from what I think

Town Home:- Leigh (0), Dewsbury (BP), Swinton (W), Fev (0), York (W), Keighley (W) 10 points

Town away - Sheffield (0); Batley (0); Hunslet (BP); Barrow (BP); Halifax (0), Fev (0) 2points - Total 31 points

Haven at home :- Batley (W); Dewsbury (W); Keighley (W); Swinton (W) 12 points

Haven away Sheffield (0); Halifax (0); York (BP); Doncaster (BP), Leigh   (0); Fev (0) 2 points  -  Total 38 points. (plus the 3 points we'll obviously get on the 23rd as well)

#211 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:58 PM

I'll do something similar then from what I think

Town Home:- Leigh (0), Dewsbury (BP), Swinton (W), Fev (0), York (W), Keighley (W) 10 points
Town away - Sheffield (0); Batley (0); Hunslet (BP); Barrow (BP); Halifax (0), Fev (0) 2points - Total 31 points

Haven at home :- Batley (W); Dewsbury (W); Keighley (W); Swinton (W) 12 points
Haven away Sheffield (0); Halifax (0); York (BP); Doncaster (BP), Leigh (0); Fev (0) 2 points - Total 38 points. (plus the 3 points we'll obviously get on the 23rd as well)

recre2 i.think you underestimate batley and if we can win at dewsbury why would we only get a BP at home to them. that's your opinion fair enough. as for the next derby i'm happy for you to be confident of getting 3pts. listening to barrow and hunslet fans and your own coach we have nothing to fear on the 23rd however we will have to play well as you will raise your game as its your cup final.

#212 recre2

recre2
  • Players
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:24 PM

recre2 i.think you underestimate batley and if we can win at dewsbury why would we only get a BP at home to them. that's your opinion fair enough. as for the next derby i'm happy for you to be confident of getting 3pts. listening to barrow and hunslet fans and your own coach we have nothing to fear on the 23rd however we will have to play well as you will raise your game as its your cup final.

Yeah we will have to be careful as sometimes teams lower in the league beat teams above them in cup finals. Just look at Wigan beating City in the cup final.

#213 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:38 PM

Yeah we will have to be careful as sometimes teams lower in the league beat teams above them in cup finals. Just look at Wigan beating City in the cup final.

exactly. roll on the 23rd

#214 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 461 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:26 PM

Ha ha, good old BKM (Haven4ever) he never lets you down does he?    We have a thread all on our own about this on the Haven forum.   

With due respect Keith, I hope this comment was put against the wrong quote! I am what it simply says on the can - A Supporter, I would hate to be confused with anyone who does not have the interests of Town at heart.

#215 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,869 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:13 PM

With due respect Keith, I hope this comment was put against the wrong quote! I am what it simply says on the can - A Supporter, I would hate to be confused with anyone who does not have the interests of Town at heart.

He was having a laugh about your estimate of 41 points for Town and added "and they call us deluded".    I don't I call him paranoid!!!!!

#216 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 461 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:22 PM

He was having a laugh about your estimate of 41 points for Town and added "and they call us deluded".    I don't I call him paranoid!!!!!

Thanks Keith, whatever the final points score, the outcome has nothing really to do with us, but simply down to the skills of the team that represents Town on the Rugby field.

If the final points tally means that we are relegated or in the play-offs I like you, will still be on the terraces next season supporting Town. Now if that means I'm deluded, then so be it.

#217 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:25 PM

Gee whizz we have some tough games , and the way we are playing very patchily all games are tough . Maybe I'm the only one but I am worried . We need a shake up and a kick start and start performing . It's ok writing down all those predictions but you've got to go out and do it on the paddock and everyone you play is fighting for their lives for something . A couple more bad sets of results and you're at the wrong end of the league . Pessimistic maybe but we've got to wake up , smell the roses and start playing consistently to the sum of our parts and start winning winnable matches and fighting for every point elsewhere . Performances over 80 will bring rewards , but my concern is we've been waiting a long time for one . Every game is a struggle when you're hot n cold . No one is giving you anything in this comp , they're targeting us to and are as desparate as us . Now lets start hitting our straps and then we'll be ok. We have the individuals , we need the collective and the smarts now .As of now it could go either way.

Edited by DavidM, 03 June 2013 - 04:31 PM.

#218 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,563 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:43 PM

i honestly cant pick the winner in most of our games, it would be like town to beat leigh then get beat by dewsbury. banking on barrow away is also very risky as there much improved and will treat it like a 6 pointer, it will also be a good while ago since we won in lancaster.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#219 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:51 PM

i honestly cant pick the winner in most of our games, it would be like town to beat leigh then get beat by dewsbury. banking on barrow away is also very risky as there much improved and will treat it like a 6 pointer, it will also be a good while ago since we won in lancaster.

agreed wonky there will be twists and turns yet. dryer pitches will bring injuries and form can dip so anything can happen yet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users