Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Keighley Match

• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

#21 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:14 AM

I wouldn't have any DR - just go with what we've got -

??????

#22 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 837 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:34 AM

Don,t think i would take in what TOWN FAN10 as to say, I just have a feeling it should be JAM FAN10??

#23 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:33 AM

just because adam isnt playing dosent mean we wont have any dr. if mcgraff is available hes the one who i would suspect the coaches would select out the 2 as he had a fair bit more impact. so if weve lost coward,hulme,mossop and lawton out of the side from sunday and kayle, morris and cotter are in then i dont see where we can possibly make the numbers up, if jp is available and playing surely he'll go to centre with connor and morris as a 2nd row replacement.

Edited by wonky, 29 May 2013 - 08:34 AM.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#24 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:35 AM

so that would make my suspected side
carter
miller
connor
patrick
calders
callum
lupton
dowes
matty
shacks
stack
walne
olstrum

subs
cotter
forber
thacks
morris.

#25 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:44 AM

it just seems like gateshead de ja vu again. hope im totally wrong but i think were up against it against a side we should be beating.

#26 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:58 AM

Don,t think i would take in what TOWN FAN10 as to say, I just have a feeling it should be JAM FAN10??

i'm with you on that one abu.

#27 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:02 AM

why are all the players having a bet?

eh????

#28 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 8,000 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:10 AM

why are all the players having a bet?

Oh look, the Parton idiot is back with yet another username.
My 2nd best hero - Jamie "Super Noodles" Peacock, but he'll never overtake my dad.....

#29 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:02 AM

Oh look, the Parton idiot is back with yet another username.

reported and removed.

#30 Marrafan

Marrafan
  • Players
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:18 AM

Abu,

Look at his previous posts, he definitely is JAM FAN10!!! Not very often we agree but we do on this one lol

#31 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,915 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:46 AM

just because adam isnt playing dosent mean we wont have any dr. if mcgraff is available hes the one who i would suspect the coaches would select out the 2 as he had a fair bit more impact. so if weve lost coward,hulme,mossop and lawton out of the side from sunday and kayle, morris and cotter are in then i dont see where we can possibly make the numbers up, if jp is available and playing surely he'll go to centre with connor and morris as a 2nd row replacement.

In one of Lawton's tweets to keiran he said that he didn't think anyone was coming up to Workington!!!!    I can't help thinking that we seem to be heading to another end of season with a lack of players situation or playing players that are not 100% fit to make up numbers.    

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#32 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:49 AM

Interesting aside about Magraff Leuluai on the Widnes site today.

"Widnes forward Macgraff Leuluai has revealed he will seek to represent Samoa at Rugby League World Cup 2013, despite coming from a family which includes two former Kiwi internationals."

I would respectfully suggest, to ensure that selection, he needs to have as much game time as possible.......hint.....hint!

#33 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:01 AM

Latest N & S story confirms Connor & Morris are back for the Thursday night match and that Phillips is targeting the Leigh match. No other information regarding the squad formation for Keighley. Also a nice article about Adam Walne promoting the benefits of being at Town.

Edited by Supporter, 29 May 2013 - 11:06 AM.

#34 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:22 AM

so that would make my suspected side
carter
miller
connor
patrick
calders
callum
lupton
dowes
matty
shacks
stack
walne
olstrum

subs
cotter
forber
thacks
morris.

Think we need a back up hooker on the bench hookers can't do 80 minutes even lads as super fit as Callum and Matty think that's cost us a few games this season

Edited by gillmeister, 29 May 2013 - 04:16 PM.

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#35 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,915 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:25 AM

I thought it was said earlier on this thread that Patrick wasn't fit?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#36 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:37 AM

Think you can also count John Patrick out.

Correct Keith. However, if any other injured player was now available, I am sure the N & S article would have mentioned it. Thus, with no-one else available, and no mention of any loaned player coming into the squad, the only answer to the seventeenth man question, is that Patrick must now be available. Or is this another comeback time for Gus!

#37 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:49 AM

As expected, Keighley have almost made a signing in time for him to play tomorrow.
"The Cougars are pleased to announce that we expect to complete the signing of strike centre Elliott Cosgrove from Dewsbury Rams tonight in time for our game against Workington tomorrow. Elliott featured for the Cougars earlier in the season whilst on loan from Dewsbury Rams and contributed to our 4 game winning streak."

#38 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:53 AM

If Danny Craven is now in the team, the formation possibilities look very interesting. Although, still leaves us light in the Forward department.

Edited by Supporter, 29 May 2013 - 11:55 AM.

#39 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,766 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:55 AM

In one of Lawton's tweets to keiran he said that he didn't think anyone was coming up to Workington!!!!    I can't help thinking that we seem to be heading to another end of season with a lack of players situation or playing players that are not 100% fit to make up numbers.    

We are playing away so I wonder if he meant no one was travelling up to travel back to Keighley? Doesnt mean we wont have anyone playing for us.

#40 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:59 AM

Possible formation?
1 Brett Carter
2 Elliot Miller
24 Kayle Connor
Danny Craven
5 Mark Calderwood
13 Peter Lupton