17 Marc Shackley
22 Jordan Walne
12 Jarrad Stack
16 Karl Olstrum

10 Jamie Thackray
19 James Robinson
4 Andy Morris
7 Carl Forber

Craven's a half back so I'd expect either Morris or Patrick (if fit) play centre with Craven playing 7 and Callum on the bench to spell Matty off at hooker. 

#42 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:06 PM

Craven confirmed he is travelling to Keighley on his own to play for Town. He is 21 and a product of the Widnes Academy. He is an able kicker.

Edited by Supporter, 29 May 2013 - 12:11 PM.

#43 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:15 PM

Craven's a half back so I'd expect either Morris or Patrick (if fit) play centre with Craven playing 7 and Callum on the bench to spell Matty off at hooker. 

Makes sense your formation although he is more of a stand off than a scrum half. A bit dangerous changing the half back partnership yet again though.

#44 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:23 PM

I think Calderwood becomes a member of the exclusive 300 appearances club when he turns out for Town tomorrow. Many congratulations!

#45 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 845 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:24 PM

With MATTY and CALLUM been our most creative players i would like to see both on that pitch together as mutch as possible,

#46 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,664 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:46 PM

if morris plays centre it will probably mean we have callum,thacks,cotter and olstrum on the bench. presuming they start with craven and forber with lupton at loose. the bench looks extremely small and the like of shacks and thacks will probably have to do long spells. its baffled me why weve gone for a half back instead of a forward, and im assuming craven has never trained with the lads?
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#47 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:00 PM

It will be interesting to see what type of team Keighley put out against us, they have quite a number of options. Obviously Elliot Cosgrove will be in the team, he was on loan to Keighley earlier in the season and really impressed the fans. Young Ben Stead made a super debut for the first team against Leigh despite the defeat but perhaps he needs to miss this match after only four days rest. The fans also rate two other newcomers, Joe Parkinson and James Haley. Whatever the formation, this match is extremely important for both teams and I am sure will be great television entertainment ( if not necessarily for the fans of both sides) for the neutral viewers.
Overall, I hope it is yet another great advert for the Championship League, but my main wish is simply another win for Town.

Edited by Supporter, 29 May 2013 - 02:03 PM.

#48 casablanca

casablanca
  • Coach
  • 119 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

if morris plays centre it will probably mean we have callum,thacks,cotter and olstrum on the bench. presuming they start with craven and forber with lupton at loose. the bench looks extremely small and the like of shacks and thacks will probably have to do long spells. its baffled me why weve gone for a half back instead of a forward, and im assuming craven has never trained with the lads?

Just a point of clarify - Adam Lawton was initially made available by Widnes for Thursdays match at Keighley and was all set to be included in the Town squad.
However, Widnes then called him back late yesterday, in to their squad due to their own injuries.....
Danny Craven is included in Thursdays squad.

#49 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:46 PM

Thanks for the clarification Casablanca, everything now makes more sense. Without the option of having Coward, Mossop and Lawton in the team, we still have a squad that under the excellent guidance of our coaches will ensure a win against Keighley tomorrow night. Good skill to the Town!

#50 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 845 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:41 PM

My team CARTER MILLER CONNER MORRIS CALDERWOOD LUPTON PHILLIPS DOWES MATTY SHACKLEY STACK WALNE OLSTRUM CRAVEN ROBINSON THACKARY seem to be stuck for one more HELP.

#51 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 879 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:59 PM

Charlo isn't silly I'm sure we have a decent 17

#52 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,664 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:05 PM

Just a point of clarify - Adam Lawton was initially made available by Widnes for Thursdays match at Keighley and was all set to be included in the Town squad.
However, Widnes then called him back late yesterday, in to their squad due to their own injuries.....
Danny Craven is included in Thursdays squad.

we were only going off what the player had said to kieran.

#53 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,976 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:09 PM

casablanca, you need to delete some messages from your PM inbox.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#54 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:18 PM

Craven is easily quick enough and good enough defensivley to play in the centres. Possibly switch Morris into the pack ?? but I would certainly play Lupton at 6 and then give him a partner.

#55 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,976 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:22 PM

My team CARTER MILLER CONNER MORRIS CALDERWOOD LUPTON PHILLIPS DOWES MATTY SHACKLEY STACK WALNE OLSTRUM CRAVEN ROBINSON THACKARY seem to be stuck for one more HELP.

FORBER

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#56 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:24 PM

FORBER

COYLE :download:

#57 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,664 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:28 PM

COYLE :download:

think well go with 16

#58 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:56 PM

Town getten 4 start with skybet
What do use all think

#59 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:18 PM

Town getten 4 start with skybet
What do use all think

take em off scratch its a banker

#60 homeandawayer

homeandawayer
  • Coach
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:46 AM

If either of our centres carrying a knock has to come off we could be in trouble, it's not like that's happened before!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users