TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Batley Bulldogs v Dewsbury Rams - discuss the match here

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:35 PM

Think this one will be a game too far for us,the top five are in a different league in our league.Best we can hope for would be a bonus point,but can't see us getting one.I will go for Batley 30 - Rams 12,att 1405.

Edited by Tom Coates, 28 May 2013 - 02:14 PM.

#2 BROADEDDIE

BROADEDDIE
  • Coach
  • 154 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:30 PM

going off the posts we will be without Wright and possibly Brown, we are going to struggle, we need a strong defence and 80 minutes effort from ALL

#3 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:12 PM

Oops sorry I thought the title said discus Dewsbury's defeat here......... be back on Sunday teatime to let the majority of Rams fans who won't leave town what a good game they missed ;)

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like

expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#4 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:27 AM

Oops sorry I thought the title said discus Dewsbury's defeat here......... be back on Sunday teatime to let the majority of Rams fans who won't leave town what a good game they missed ;)

I don't share your optimism piggy - it will be a ###### game, they always are. Hopefully I will be there (hangover allowing) and I will be using a Batley turnstile for two reasons. a) I hate the thought of Buford losing two quid to the Rams and B) It'll be less congested. Dogs to win at a canter as I can't see us reproducing the fax form twice in a season. I'll make sure you know about it if I'm wrong though. ;)

#5 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,758 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:31 AM

No, wait till you are sober before posting PM, then we will struggle a little less to understand your slather.

:hunter:

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#6 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:10 AM

Think it depends on which Rams team turns up, the side that bet Fax will be a big challenge, the other Rams side will struggle.

#7 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:28 PM

going off the posts we will be without Wright and possibly Brown, we are going to struggle, we need a strong defence and 80 minutes effort from ALL

We hadnt a prayer anyway, but if Brown and Wright are missing i suggest we might be better off watching TV come Sunday afternoon.

#8 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:46 PM

Nice to know weve got such an optimistic set of supportes.

#9 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:39 PM

Weve had years of practice
Start of each season our balloons are pumped full of hot air...for the said balloons to pop in their usual fashion...same s%&# ,different season.

its no surprise folk are disillusioned with it all.

;)

#10 BROADEDDIE

BROADEDDIE
  • Coach
  • 154 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:19 PM

just heard Wright could be out for 12 months, Brown still carrying knee injury but may be on the bench, hope he isn't and gets some rest need him fit.

Whats happening with Jy-mel is he injured or fell out with someone.

Can anybody let me know how the injured players are doing and when they are expected back.

Sorry to loose Elliot he was playing well and getting settled, anybody else leaving the club?

#11 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:17 PM

We should all make the effort to get to this famouse old rugby ground.It may only be a matter of time before their up at ours,full time.

#12 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:10 PM

Loss of Wright is a major blow, like Cosgrove added a lot of energy and enthusiasm and his return coincided with a pickup on the teams fortunes. A massive loss.

#13 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,758 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:32 AM

That's really bad luck for Wright if he is truly out for so long - what is the problem?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#14 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:07 AM

That's really bad luck for Wright if he is truly out for so long - what is the problem?

Says in the paper Wright has torn a bicep completely of the bone,hope he comes back ok after that,Pryce still has a back problem,might be out on Sunday,but Craven could be back in.Austin and Spicer still out long term.

#15 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:05 PM

Says in the paper Wright has torn a bicep completely of the bone,hope he comes back ok after that,Pryce still has a back problem,might be out on Sunday,but Craven could be back in.Austin and Spicer still out long term.

Josh Tonks aswell
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#16 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:21 PM

Both O'brien and Platt back in the Bulls sqard on Sunday,i did notice that Matt Diskin wasn't in the sqard too,surely he won't be playing somewhere closer to home in a big derby game?

#17 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:13 PM

Loss of Wright is a major blow, like Cosgrove added a lot of energy and enthusiasm and his return coincided with a pickup on the teams fortunes. A massive loss.

Massive blow. Not sure who will do his tackling....

#18 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,958 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:28 PM

Hope Pryce plays!!

#19 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:15 AM

Nice to know weve got such an optimistic set of supportes.

Nothing to do with optimism or pessimism Equaliser, just realism. We haven't the team (or enough players of a certain quality) good enough to compete with the top five. Therefore I cannot see a victory for us in this fixture and I will go for:

Batley 36 - 12 Dewsbury

Att: 1124

I know it's often seen to be a dark and gloomy town, Batley,but why does the club with that name persist with the 2 o'clock kick off, when we have the long daylight hours and even Barrow have reverted to starting at the normal three p.m.?

Legs, Dews, Legs.

#20 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:40 AM

Batley is a bright and vibrant lil place and its people like to be up and about their business so 2pm suits us very well. I appreciate most people in Dewsbury dont get out of bed till 4pm but really CF make an effort. Just pretend its Giro day ;)

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like

expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users