TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Batley Bulldogs v Dewsbury Rams - discuss the match here

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 muddyfunster

muddyfunster
  • Coach
  • 962 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:07 AM

TBH, some Rams fans were jumping up and down like they'd just won the Championship when Schofield intercepted Rowe's very sloppy pass. Shows how far you've fallen I guess when your fans celebrate a loss so heartily.

To be fair I think most of us expected less than that, hence our celebrations. As you say in your earlier post you weren't happy conceding the bonus point and this suggests you really shouldn't be conceding this to a team outside the top 5? Swings and roundabouts? We played better than I expected and think the dogs actually came down a bit to play poor, otherwise you would have made sure we were no where near the BP, missing the chance to take it from us at the death when we gave you the ball back on our line.

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/

name.png

#42 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:44 AM

Very pleased we got an unexpected bonus point. I was most surprised at half time that we were only 6-0 down, given the amount of possession Batley had enjoyed. In fact It was only very poor tackling which allowed Johnson to score; when will the Dewsbury players learn to grab an opponents legs? Mind you a prop forward attempting to tackle a wingman should have brought him down, but we prefer to dance with our opponents!

Their tries in the second half were from horrifically bad positional play with nobody out wide; fair play to Batley for spotting this. I was pleased with Schofield's performance; he has waited a long time for his chance and read the interception well for his score. I thought Goulding should have been a little further out with his conversation attempt to reduce the angle, so was not surprised when he didn't convert.
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#43 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:06 AM

We're allowed to celebrate tries, especially ones that secure us valuable league points!

Perhaps it's more a reflection of how far Batley have come that visiting sides are pleased to come away with a bonus point?

We have a young, inexperienced team and were missing five players who'd normally be automatic picks in our 17, so to come away with something was an unexpected bonus. Though I do think on balance we deserved it.

Thought Morton was excellent apart from his error in the second half, but he wasn't alone in making individual mistakes.

Decision making poor at times. Trying to kick for touch from a tap 20 in the first half was an unnecessary risk after we'd just defended back to back sets.

Watkinson's ill-fated flirtation with the touchline from the second half kick-off set us back, as did his high tackle immediately after Batley had gone 10-6 up. Silly errors in judgement, but they are young players and the composure will hopefully come.

Thought we were unlucky to have a try chalked off as there didn't appear to be a shove.

Goalline defence very good. Moved up quickly but as a line and forced them to resort to solo efforts for the most part.

Few shouts from the terraces that there was too much one up rugby from us, but I felt it was working and we were winning the forward battle.

Batley made too many yards from broken play. Greg Johnson looks an excellent player and with Potts and Campbell, they probably have one of - if not the - best back threes in the league.

They're also great at getting 'a roll on' from dummy half, and perhaps we could have been more wise to this after they did it to us last time.

Tebb and Schofield did very well when they came on. Good to know that we have those options with Wright out of action and question marks over O'Brien's availability.

Barrow next week is a big game! Up the Rams!

Edited by Tom Coates, 03 June 2013 - 09:10 AM.

#44 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:41 AM

Tom

How dare you present a well balanced and even handed view of the game on this forum.

What Next?   PM acknowledging that the Rams deserved the BP...............................i dont think so :shout:

Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#45 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,372 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:52 PM

Tom
How dare you present a well balanced and even handed view of the game on this forum.

What Next? PM acknowledging that the Rams deserved the BP...............................i dont think so :shout:

BANG ON BIG BOY!

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#46 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:02 AM

We're allowed to celebrate tries, especially ones that secure us valuable league points!

Perhaps it's more a reflection of how far Batley have come that visiting sides are pleased to come away with a bonus point?

We have a young, inexperienced team and were missing five players who'd normally be automatic picks in our 17, so to come away with something was an unexpected bonus. Though I do think on balance we deserved it.

Thought Morton was excellent apart from his error in the second half, but he wasn't alone in making individual mistakes.

Decision making poor at times. Trying to kick for touch from a tap 20 in the first half was an unnecessary risk after we'd just defended back to back sets.

Watkinson's ill-fated flirtation with the touchline from the second half kick-off set us back, as did his high tackle immediately after Batley had gone 10-6 up. Silly errors in judgement, but they are young players and the composure will hopefully come.

Thought we were unlucky to have a try chalked off as there didn't appear to be a shove.

Goalline defence very good. Moved up quickly but as a line and forced them to resort to solo efforts for the most part.

Few shouts from the terraces that there was too much one up rugby from us, but I felt it was working and we were winning the forward battle.

Batley made too many yards from broken play. Greg Johnson looks an excellent player and with Potts and Campbell, they probably have one of - if not the - best back threes in the league.

They're also great at getting 'a roll on' from dummy half, and perhaps we could have been more wise to this after they did it to us last time.

Tebb and Schofield did very well when they came on. Good to know that we have those options with Wright out of action and question marks over O'Brien's availability.

Barrow next week is a big game! Up the Rams!

Tom I had a clear view of it and Johnny Campbell was clearly pushed from behind and impeded.

#47 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,749 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:41 AM

Tom I had a clear view of it and Johnny Campbell was clearly pushed from behind and impeded.

Yes he was. Fair decision.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#48 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:05 AM

BANG ON BIG BOY!

Not so big anymore lol

#49 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:55 AM

What a ****.  If you were fighting for your place in the Champioship you would have been celebrating.  If you care to look the bottom of the table is tighter than BSJs wallet and a bonus point was pretty good news for us.  If it was worth you posting I reckon it must have grated a bit too, so I feel even better....

#50 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:49 PM

Got to agree with Nick D in principal.

With the amount of ball and territory we had, in the main thanks to the numerous Rams handling areas (the majority taking place in their own 30), we should have scored lots more points.

We lacked the invention to do it though sadly, bar the 5 minute spell where we scored 2 very decent tries.

As a result I can see why the Rams would be pleased with a BP. Long term, them being behind us at the moment in terms of on the field success probably does irk the fans and club alike, but you've got to look at in terms of the short term parameters. I think we would have been exactly the same pre 2010 when we struggled for a good 4-5 seasons, with the main objective being to stay in the division.

#51 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:02 PM

What a ****.  If you were fighting for your place in the Champioship you would have been celebrating.  If you care to look the bottom of the table is tighter than BSJs wallet and a bonus point was pretty good news for us.  If it was worth you posting I reckon it must have grated a bit too, so I feel even better....

Don't agree with him being a **** but agree on every other point. Some supporters have a very short memory. I mean, it's not that long ago when we were really struggling to stay in this division and an away bonus point would have been a real cause for celebration.

#52 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,958 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:38 PM

What a ****.

Sigh. Actually, I'm not a ****, I was just making an observation based on some of the people sat around me. Seeing as you seem to have such a strong opinion of me, please feel free to come and say hello personally next time you come to the Mount. I sit at the top of the Wheatfield Hospice Stand.

It's no wonder these forums are dying with such well reasoned debate.

#53 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:56 PM

I guess we wil have to survive without your razer sharp wit. :P

Anybody who takes umbridge with anything on this forum either needs to get a grip or get a life.

Free speech is a wonderful thing, use it, dont abuse it.

#54 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,958 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:12 PM

I guess we wil have to survive without your razer sharp wit. :P
Anybody who takes umbridge with anything on this forum either needs to get a grip or get a life.

Free speech is a wonderful thing, use it, dont abuse it.

Yeah, I'm sort of beginning to understand why coolie has jacked this in, TBF. A better way of "getting a life" would actually be to do something a bit more normal than indulging in a spot of keyboard-warrioring every evening. And you've never taken umbrage at anything ever written on here, have you?!!

Edited by Chairman LMAO, 04 June 2013 - 08:14 PM.

#55 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:14 PM

Sigh. Actually, I'm not a ****, I was just making an observation based on some of the people sat around me. Seeing as you seem to have such a strong opinion of me, please feel free to come and say hello personally next time you come to the Mount. I sit at the top of the Wheatfield Hospice Stand.It's no wonder these forums are dying with such well reasoned debate.

**** is Dewsbury for what a nice chap so please don't take offence. My main point was that if it irritated either you or those around you then you clearly have forgotten what it's like to follow a team in danger of relegation to the Southern inferior league and almost certain lifelong misery. If its all the same I won't pop along and say hello. You're almost certainly bigger and tougher than me and I hate pain.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users