Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Lee Radford's next opponent is...

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,470 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:43 PM

...former professional heavyweight Riddick Bowe! :O

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#2 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,176 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:05 PM

He's a brave man but surely this is too much.

The guy might be 11 years older than him but he is a former world heavyweight champion.

The difference in skill levels is immense and probably physique as well.

#3 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,470 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:08 PM

Riddick Bowe may not have been mentally the strongest boxer you've ever seen, but he was very skilful and at his best, a pleasure to watch.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#4 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:28 PM

I think Lee may be best advised to adopt the Stan Laurel approach to wearing down your opponent.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#5 MikeW

MikeW
  • Coach
  • 815 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:05 PM

Does Bowe share Evander Holyfield's accountant?  I appreciate it's for charity, but there's something unseemly about him having to lower himself to this.  The best you can hope for is that he just spends the whole time keeping Radford at bay without trying to land an attacking shot.

#6 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,470 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:13 PM

Bowe's messed up his life more than once in the past. Doing a charity fight rather than trying to make money at his age is probably a good sign.

#7 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,015 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:54 PM

He must be crackers.

One of the best boxers ever, against a man beaten up by Paul Sculthorpe.

Shouldn't be allowed to happen.

Not saying he's comparable but Scully is apparently a decent fighter. Its not that bad to lose to him.
But not disagreeing with you really.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#8 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:55 PM

I have heard the fee he is receiving and it doesnt befit a former world champ

#9 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,176 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:55 PM

Not saying he's comparable but Scully is apparently a decent fighter. Its not that bad to lose to him.

I daresay but I read Scully's autobiog and he talked about sparring with Ricky Hatton and how glad he was to take the gloves off. Hatton isn't a heavyweight.

#10 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,928 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:55 PM

He must be crackers.

One of the best boxers ever, against a man beaten up by Paul Sculthorpe.

Shouldn't be allowed to happen.

Radford beat Sculthorpe in the Prizefighter event at Hull Arena. Unless there's another fight they had I've not heard about.

If so, then apols.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#11 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:51 PM

Old frightful find the scully fight v radders and you'll c radders get knocked out. It's on YouTube think its rugger in the ring.

#12 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:20 PM

hows bout jamie foster v mike tyson? as the undercard.

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

#13 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:49 AM

hows bout jamie foster v mike tyson? as the undercard.

James Graham v Mike Tyson would have a lot more bite.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#14 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:20 PM

James Graham v Mike Tyson would have a lot more bite.

Luis Suarez gets the winner, !!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users