Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Two departures

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 321 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:36 AM

Callum Marriott has left the club and danny Samuel announced retirement on Facebook last nite

#2 roughyed34

roughyed34
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:03 AM

Not seen the best of either of them in Oldham colours, good luck to them both. We wont miss either of them imho, we have plenty of cover in the forwards though so I aint too worried.

#3 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 418 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:26 PM

I personally think it's a shame we've lost Callum, he has so much ability but never seemed to be enjoying his Rugby. 

#4 saints10coach

saints10coach
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:30 PM

In the games I've seen this season, Marriott gave 100% in them all..

#5 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 418 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:44 PM

In the games I've seen this season, Marriott gave 100% in them all..

I agree Saints but having watched him play and train regularly, he never looked happy with things. I think he's a great lad with lots of ability but sadly he appears to have gone. Not seen that confirmed by the club yet though.

#6 RunItOffAfi

RunItOffAfi
  • Coach
  • 244 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:11 PM

Always thought Danny Samuel was more an impact second row, rather than a centre, where he's not fast enough. Marriott seemed a very good signing, mainly going off the fact that a number of Salford supporters thought it was madness for them to release him, but he's never really looked anything special.

However, I just wonder if one or both of these departures could come back to haunt us, if they move on to any of our rivals.

#7 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 321 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:37 PM

Also wondering about prop chris tyrer who hasnt played for a while any1 know anything? Has he left or is he injured?

#8 rugbyman1

rugbyman1
  • Coach
  • 210 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:20 PM

Believe Chris Tyrer has left as well. Still happy with our prop forwards as seen on Sunday. Gilchrist and Joy are a handfull as is Ward.Boults is Mr consistent so happy with them plus some support from the reserves or Salford if needed.

One for all and all for the one